WS Christmas Mafia 2022

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dr_Professor83

Reaction score
Altight, during D1 Barry was ignoring Smark for way too long during the Smark/Juice discussion everyone was having. While others were talking about what Smark's defense of Juice could mean Barry wouldn't even look that way. If you reread the day you'll notice what I'm talking about. This isn't really something I can quote bc it's the absence of something.

Barry also starts setting up a derail to Ace once Smark starts to take fire. All while avoiding looking in the Smark direction:
The Grimch said:
Crazy as it sounds, we'd probably learn a lot regarding T-Pein and Ace by lynching Ekko at this juncture. Just as Ekko says Juice dying would go a ways to solving me or Smark, for whatever reason.
The Grimch said:
That's fair I suppose, but Ace's whole deal has me a bit skittish on it.
The Grimch said:
Just this weird defense of Ekko and not wanting to have Ekko be considered especially when that's what they're calling out Smark for seemingly doing with Juice.

Hayterade said:
Clean this up for me.
^ This may be stretching but this almost looks like it was meant for scum chat lol. And weird as hell to me Barry didn't react to it at all.

The Grimch said:
Yeah, I'm talking about Ace.
The Grimch said:
TBH, if I were to vote for someone, my gut's telling me Ace would be my first pick. So let's go with that I think.

Lynch Vote: Ace

I feel like Ace is trying to buddy up to Ekko early on in the game, and while not one-to-one or apples to oranges, I don't really like how they're trying to divert attention away from Ekko.
^ The constant brining up Ace's name before the actual vote comes off as him treading water trying to get some traction there with the Smark attention until finally working up the nerve to try to start it himself.

The Grimch said:
RE: Ace; In comparison to Smark trying to divert from Juice (which is what I meant by apples-to-oranges between the two).
The Grimch said:
Well, currently I think Ace might be trying to pocket Ekko for later. Up to others if they are sniffing what I'm smelling but I'm comfortable with Ace at the moment.

The Grimch said:
I'm personally still trying to parse out how Chris still thinks my initial posts regarding Ekko voting for me are inconsistent when me thinking that Ekko voting me was something not really to worry about, but thinking his explanation left a lot to be desired is somehow incompatible trains of thought.

And it's not like I don't have my moments of brilliance as town, but I'm far more likely to just give my thoughts and damn the consequences of said remarks.

---

My vote is gonna stay with Ace btw, it's where I feel most comfortable but I'm not necessarily against a Smark wagon rn.
^ Says he's not against the Smark wago neccessarly but never once displays any suspension against Smark or even agrees with someone elses.

The Grimch said:
T-Pein and Ace for the most part IIRC.

The Grimch said:
@Chris What are your thoughts on Ace, btw?
^ Still trying to get people over to Ace.

Smark gives a townie point post to Smark and also defends him from Ekko:
Hayterade said:
I’m feeling good about this guy lol
Hayterade said:
That response in and of itself can help you read him.

Are you having trouble reading him? Don’t think you answered my previous question?
The Grimch said:
I'm already voting Ace and have heretofore already stated my reasons for doing so. Sorry that they're not in line with what you consider a push. :draper2

Hayterade said:
Anything can be faked. Doesn’t mean you dismiss everything that can help you.

The Grimch said:
Pretty much yeah. While I do have a slight town lean on Ekko, I'm more confident in Ace being scum than anything. Certainly am not taking out the scenario of S/S being in play, but I doubt it.

The Grimch said:
That being said, Chris, I will at the very least concede that Ekko dying would actually go a long way to helping me figure out Ace's slot.
^ Ekko town flip just sets up a potential Ace mislynch here.

The Grimch said:
Personally this makes it extremely difficult to parse out what the right move is in this instance:

Supposing we kill Ekko today and he flips town, I'm still gonna be suspicious of Ace and probably vote for him anyways. If Ekko flips scum, I'm probably more inclined to think he's town then.

Irregardless of what Ace flips, I'll still pretty much feel like Ekko is a town lean.

So I'm trying to figure out in my head what would be the most optimal play from a pragmatic standpoint.
The Grimch said:
Wrong.

I'm more confident you're scum than not. But if Ekko flips scum, I'll feel better about you because I don't see both of you being scum and buddying up so early.
^ All of his Ekko/Ace S/T stuff comes off as potentially setting up two mislynches in hindsight now that we know neither is liekly mafia. You flip one and then say "Oh the other is the scum between them then". And the order never matters.

The Grimch said:
Also yeah, Ace is on Smark at the moment. Doesn't exactly inspire a lot of confidence for me atm.
^ Trying to justify staying away from Smark wagon.

Chris said:
Oh okay nvm, so you're debating switching from Juice to Ekko dying there to get more info on your Ace read?

I'd still like to know your other susses too if any are pinging you rn, did you say you were fine with smark like ekko said
The Grimch said:
I was fine with Smark but the Ace vote kinda Poisoned the well there for me.

T-Pein also interests me a bit but that's more on big smelly gut. John as well actually.

The Grimch said:
@Chris

My post came almost an hour before Ace votes Smark.
The Grimch said:
@Chris

So having had a little think right now. I think it's rather hasty of me to write off the Smark wagon just because Ace is one it as a Smark lynch does still give me something on Ace.

What of the three would the names I picked would you be more preferable picking between Smark, T-Pein, or John.
^ Finally starts to fold, but doesn't immediately go to Smark. Instead asks someone else. Smark and John being there is better but John is not a real consideration to the thread at this point.

The Grimch said
I figured you'd say Smark. How about a little entente for now? I think my next move will be the optimal play for figuring out several slots (in reference to my votes).
The Grimch said:
I'm considering voting Juice to win and voting Smark for lynch lmfao
The Grimch said:
Duel Unvote
Vote: Juice to Win

Lynch Unvote
Vote: Smark

The Grimch said:
I guess my position boils down to: If one of Smark or Ekko flips scum, then Ace is probably town in my book. :cozy

If neither flip scum, I'm gunning for him tomorrow.
^ Already said my case on these kinds of posts.

The Grimch said:
Smark meanwhile would go along way actually to helping figure out probably half the game already with how much they've been center of attention throughout the game, sorry not sorry Smark :pour
Hayterade said:
Let’s test that theory.

How does each of possible flips help you?
The Grimch said:
Well outside of Ace and Ekko (presuming he doesn't flip), I'd say it'd probably go some ways towards Juice (presuming you're scum), could help with SA, Chris, and Poyser, and I think it'd also help out with Tweet a little IIRC.
^ This is one of the ONLY game related interactions those two have in the whole D1. Which is wild.

Barry votes Smark, but he NEVER displays a scum read on them or agrees with anyone's reasoning on them being scum. As if he wants the credit for the wagon but doesn't want to put more heat on their actual play or dig their hole in deeper. He was vote #5. That would be smart as Smark's teammate if you still want to give Smark a chance to get out of it.

• Wow
Reactions: T-Pein™

Dr_Professor83

Reaction score
What was that multiquote lol you quoted like 20 posts and wrote a few sentences half of which was speculating that the site owner and a mod both of whom have been playing for several years accidentally posted in the wrong thread
It was on accident lol. I quoted on was about to start commenting on.

Dr_Professor83

Reaction score
Barry’s avoidance of Smark as a topic or commenting on other people’s conversations on Smark, possible derail attempt to Ace, lack of interaction with Smark, lack of ever actually giving a scum read to Smark despite “being okay with the wagon” and eventually voting it, and seeming excuses to stay away from Smark wagon for a long time, all give him great team equity.

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ
Lethal seems to be having trouble coming up with people to organically push.
I think I am his main sus for some reason?
Kek.
Obsessed. Deadset obsessed.

When have I ever pushed anyone with any success?

You’re neglecting to read the thread infuriates me. I had pushed Tweet and my suspicion of you is clear for all to see. Chris vouching for you leads pause but it still exists.

T-Pein™

Festive T-Pein™
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
JohnHunter4
Obsessed.

wtk.png

Obviously I will try and get my susses lynched.
It is the point of the game.
You do realize you had 6/8 votes on you yesterday?
Nothing has changed to clear you from that.
You are still sus.

Dr_Professor83

Reaction score
Alright. I’ve reread the whole game, skipping over whenever there is what I consider strong TvT interactions that aren’t discussing scum POE candidates as the subject of the interaction to save time. Here’s my legacy assuming I catch a vig from Phenom tonight:

Town
-
Wang
Ekko
Ace
T-Pein
Poyser
Chris

^ this is not the POE. Do not mess with these slots any time soon and make me come back earlier than I want to intervene lol.

Probably Town
-
Lethal (here instead of up there due to a scenario where the claim is from Abi janitor)
- looks worse if Barry flips scum bc it would actually start explaining the John push by Barry & why the wagon was so easy, however I did feel like they felt townie when I was interacting with them the other night)

Mafia POE
-
Barry - I dropped the D1 case, on N1 there is a notable lack of interaction with Mando, and he asks for Ace’s case on him and then never gets back to him. Then says he never suspected Mando after his flip as if Ace’s case went in one ear and out the other. *Note* the night did get pause shortly after Ace gave him the case (like 20 minutes). John push I can only explain as bussing. Idk, possible Lethal really is the other scum and that’s why. Regardless of John I’m convinced by his D1 play around Smark and the N1 play. Ekko calls him out for the things he’s choosing to interact with at the time and I fully agree. Also seems to be buddying Poyser.

CP - He also was an early vote on John but wasn’t continually bribing him up like Barry. CP main issue is lack of reasons to town read him compared to everyone else in the game. I didn’t like his posts toward me tonight. Those ping’d me more than anything bc one thing he said was demonstrably untrue and the other was a twisting of me thinking out loud. Noted that he suss’d Tommy for the same things others sussed Mando for but didn’t bother Mando like he was Tommy. Still think more likely indie than mafia compared to Barry.

Shawn - In case of stationary role that wouldn’t be seen tracked.

Indie POE
-
CP

Phenom - vig shot when we already had a duelest & there is a claimed survivor with a day kill (and the survivor is always going to act as a vig if that’s the case).

Tweet - claimed survivor, could be same role as Ekko last year but I doubt you’d see a repeat after Ekko won as that. Seems too easy. I’d prefer not bother him actually bc I hate claimed killing indies and never went to cost a harmless indie their game. But he still has to be here bc it is a possibility.

Shawn

-

Note* I saw T-Pein in Poyser’s POE, I don’t think he belongs. At best he’s someone you get into only after dealing with everyone outside the town pile I’ve listed. His interactions with Mando don’t have equity and he’s right that John’s meltdown that ended his game was largely in reaction to him. I know he tried to steer to Lethal over John but I believe that’s just stubbornness bc Lethal sussed him. Him making Ekko move off Poyser (as Chris pointed out) is also suboptimal if he was John’s teammate by narrowing it to just Lethal or John.

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ
wtk.png

Obviously I will try and get my susses lynched.
It is the point of the game.
You do realize you had 6/8 votes on you yesterday?
Nothing has changed to clear you from that.
You are still sus.
Muted. Good day.

CraigPelton

Dean of Greendale Community College / Pals Era Pioneer
Reaction score
Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to all!

Reactions: Tweet

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Sadly won't be here for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Imagine having to work both days. Couldn't be me.

RDK

All glory to God
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
eZIPN8K
Night 3

Twas the Night before Christmas...

Dr Prof died, he was:

Welcome to Christmas Mafia 2022!

Congratulations, you are Baby Jesus, Christmas Aligned

jesus-nativity-gerard-van-honthorst-wikimediacommons-cropped.ashx

Role: Tree Stump

You're the reason we're all here. Your birth is why we're all sat here playing Christmas Mafia, in a round about way. But sooner or later, you're going to piss some people off and be hung on a cross. But that's okay, this is mafia, and people die. The good news is you have the power of resurrection! After death, you may choose one phase to be resurrected. You will have no power other than to post in the thread.

Good luck!

You win when all threats to Christmas have been eliminated.

Barry also died, he was:

Congratulations, you are the Christmas Burglar, Christmas Aligned

christmas-crime-season.jpg

Role: Odd Night Absorber, Even Night Thief

What would Christmas be without a pesky burglar to shake things up? You are a cunning but decisive part of Christmas, and one whose presence can never be ignored. On odd nights you will stay in your hideout, any actions that target you will be stored by you for future use (to a maximum of two stored abilities). On even nights you may target a player, if that player is town you will absorb one shot of their role, if they are mafia, you will lose all of your power and all of your stored abilities.

Good luck!

And last but not least, Wang was killed, he was:

Welcome to Christmas Mafia 2022!

Congratulations, you are Kevin McCallister, Christmas Aligned

3934-1574335805.jpg

Role: 1-shot Cop

While he was quite forgettable, as is the premise of the whole franchise, Kevin was a smart little cookie. A criminals dream turned a criminals nightmare. Kevin had no issues catching the bad guys, I'm giving you the chance to continue that tradition: on one night you may search a player to see if they are Christmas Aligned.

Good luck!

It is now Day 3, Day 3 will end on 12/26 at 4PM EST or when majority is reached but at no point will Day 3 end on 12/25.

With 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch

Last edited: