• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
= Progress
I'm not going to throw shade at progress, because they are honestly trying to establish "UK Strong style". Which would be a style and concept all in itself. Just like the strong style worked in Big Japan is not "proper".

Most fans/marks seem to think that strong style = hitting each other hard or "that style new japan works". Which is far from it. Strong style is much more a philosophy that was coined by Inoki in his wacky quest to prove that pro wrestling is the one pure martial art. It's a philosophy of wrestling which emphasis legitimate combat training and legitimate striking and holds. With that obviously comes getting hit hard and hitting hard. But that is far from it. New Japan's current product and style is much more of a mix between old school All Japan Kings Road and modern western WWE style. Only Nagata on the current New Japan roster has a serious claim of working true strong style or anything similar. Since he actually trained under the old Inoki system and embraced it. Granted his actual style of work is much more pure shooto. Shibata is seen as the heir of strong style in a sense but true strong style as Inoki envisioned it is dead. So I'm fine with other promotions developing their own styles under that philosophy/banner if they are willing to commit and develop it truly.

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
Stiff shots add no shock value. Hardcore wrestling attempts to do stunts that make people freak out. Stiff wrestling doesn't attempt to do that. Also, MMA doesn't promote two guys trying to kill eachother, it's a sanctioned fight with extremely stern rules that prevent anything serious damage. It's basically kick boxing and submission wrestling jumbled up into one.

I was just joking with the MMA thing. As far as stiff goes, I will admit I am not a huge expert on japanese wrestling, and my only experience with it was by watching a few American Indies and cringing out of my skull. Maybe not every stiff wrestling is like that, but the ones I saw looked very dangerous.

Stopspot

Reaction score
I was just joking with the MMA thing. As far as stiff goes, I will admit I am not a huge expert on japanese wrestling, and my only experience with it was by watching a few American Indies and cringing out of my skull. Maybe not every stiff wrestling is like that, but the ones I saw looked very dangerous.
I think you ended up watching a bunch of guys who think they work stiff rather than actually working proper.
Here's a recent match from out of Japan with guys who works stiff properly.

This is how it is done proper

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I think you ended up watching a bunch of guys who think they work stiff rather than actually working proper.
Here's a recent match from out of Japan with guys who works stiff properly.

This is how it is done proper

:willis: You better get that video and turn it into a link, or I'll rip your toe off. :stopspot:

Stopspot

Reaction score
:willis: You better get that video and turn it into a link, or I'll rip your toe off. :stopspot:
You do not have the balls. And with the archive Hero is not as strict on that anymore