Wrestling Confessions

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more. But sometimes, a match is that good that you gotta love it. Because you have the spots, the crowd, the scenario, the storyline, a 25 minutes match and an awesome finish. There are some matches that make history. Those matches should be a 5 stars matches no matter what. Of course, a guy who doesn't like wrestling would say that sucked. But some matches, around 10, the best matches in pro wrestling history should be 5 stars. No matter your opinion. Otherwise, I would always say 4'5/5 expecting something even better to happen.

You can't say "Couldn't agree more" and then go on to say there are special exceptions. I doubt there is one match that the users on this forum would unanimously call a 5 star match.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
HBK/Taker was honestly meh after re-watching it a second time. Maybe 4 stars out of 5.
I find gimmick matches highly entertaining like Orton/Foley Backlash 04

Reactions: Roi

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I don't get how Cena/Punk is rated 5 stars by Meltzer, but Taker/HBK isn't. That's an indicator that we shouldn't care about what some fat scrub who types bullshit for a living thinks. Not saying HBK/Taker is a definite 5 star, but Cena/Punk isn't ahead of it imo.

Reactions: Roi

Roi

Champion
Reaction score
You can't say "Couldn't agree more" and then go on to say there are special exceptions. I doubt there is one match that the users on this forum would unanimously call a 5 star match.
I couldn't agree more but I believe that when it comes to 5 stars matches, there are some that should be graded like that. I mean, whether you like the match or not there are some that should be 5 stars. And again, you might think it shouldn't but its like saying Jordan is the GOAT. You might love Bird or Johnson, but Jordan is supposed to be the GOAT and that's it.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I couldn't agree more but I believe that when it comes to 5 stars matches, there are some that should be graded like that. I mean, whether you like the match or not there are some that should be 5 stars.

I still feel like you are talking out both sides of your mouth. "Well it is entirely subjective... but some HAVE to be 5 stars no matter what!"

Roi

Champion
Reaction score
Nope I'm saying we all have our 5 stars matches but there should be some graded like that no matter what

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
f8069a2d1504f7be64e0d20a73e925ae.gif

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Wish there was less wrestling on Raw. Most of it's meaningless, whereas promos always grab my attention (unless someone uninteresting is talking)

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Wish there was less wrestling on Raw. Most of it's meaningless, whereas promos always grab my attention (unless someone uninteresting is talking)

I just wish when they do have tv matches they would interject storylines into them more often. We get way too many pointless matches that are devoid of story or reason for anyone to care.

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Big Show retiring is going to be a sad moment for me.

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
- I love Del Rio,he's just pure class
- I don't like AJ Lee in the slightest
- I don't mind Cena one bit
- Even though he's an egomaniac who has buried a lot of people I am a big fan of Triple H
- I don't care for Brad Maddox
- I like Fandango
- I have detested Ryback since the first day
- I don't feel that the A.E was the best era in WWEF/E history
- I feel that CM Punk is far from the best in the world
- I like Luke Harper the most out of The Wyatt Family
- I rarely watch Indy wrestling and when I do it's to keep up with the select few wrestlers I like

Last edited:

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I just wish when they do have tv matches they would interject storylines into them more often. We get way too many pointless matches that are devoid of story or reason for anyone to care.

Yeah, like last week's Raw they had the whole "who is John Cena going to pick?" angle going, and the announcers periodically brought up that the guys in the filler matches are trying to leave a good impression for Cena to pick them. Don't see why they can't even do little things like that more often.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Yea, it's simple shit that they don't do. If you have Superstars A & B feuding, and Superstar A is in a match on Raw, why not have Superstar B on commentary of said match? Back in the day this happened all the time, now it rarely happens unless it is the Miz. You can have the guy on commentary talk shit and put the feud over, and they will inevitably have some sort of interaction during or following the match.