Wrestling Books

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I thought that this would be a good place to sticky a thread where we can discuss Wrestling Books that are coming out soon or that have been released.

This year I read three new wrestling books; Cross Rhodes by Goldust, Undisputed by Chris Jericho and My Life in Wrestling by Playboy Gary Hart. Cross Rhodes was okay, Undisputed was great and My Life in Wrestling was phenomenal and it is probably the best wrestling book I have ever read and I can't recommend it highly enough.

Here are some books that will be released in 2012:

51AM69OUimL.jpg

51bwUU6Jx0L.jpg

515%2BBbmC4CL.jpg

All three should be really good reads but I think I would be most interested in the Junkyard Dog Autobiography. I prefer the old school autobiographies because they have more to tell simply because of the way wrestling was structed back in the day.

What wrestling books have you read? Did you read any new ones in 2011? Are there are new releases that you plan on buying/reading? What wrestling books would you recommend to the other forum members?

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Robinson one is exciting. JYD could be ok but he's been dead for years tough to write a biography without the guy's input and I don't see with that long a gap how that would be the case. I have read too many to list probably close to 50.

Deuce

Reaction score
The only one I can recommend right now is:

Cover+-+The+Hardcore+Diaries.jpg

pretty decent read, fits Foley perfectly.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
I had Foley's first 2 autobiographies years ago but don't have them anymore. I have Jericho's 1st book which i've yet to read. I'll likely get the 2nd once i've read the first

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I had Foley's first 2 autobiographies years ago but don't have them anymore. I have Jericho's 1st book which i've yet to read. I'll likely get the 2nd once i've read the first

Both of Jericho's books are incredible, definitely would recommend them to any wrestling fan.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Has anyone read the Brock Lesnar 'Death Clutch' book? If so, what's it like? I'm thinking of getting it..

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
With Foley's books I really liked the first two but I didn't enjoy the third book that much.

I haven't read Death Clutch either but was interested as well so hopefully someone has read it.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I wouldn't mind a follow up to the fictional kane book

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I remember buying that as soon as it came out and it wasn't a bad effort for a WWE book. If they don't do a follow up with that maybe they could do an Undertaker version because there would be plenty to go on to write a decent fictional story about how the character was born.

rcoot93

Reaction score
I remember buying that as soon as it came out and it wasn't a bad effort for a WWE book. If they don't do a follow up with that maybe they could do an Undertaker version because there would be plenty to go on to write a decent fictional story about how the character was born.

Im sure I've seen a taker book/comic like that before as well as a mankind one.

Anyone know what countdown to lockdown was like, only foley book i havent got

BadBooking

Reaction score
There is one autobiography everyone should read, and that is of Freddie Blassie's.

513QSFFZ47L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Amazon.com: The Legends of Wrestling - "Classy" Freddie Blassie: Listen, You Pencil Neck Geeks (Wwe Legends of Wrestling) (9780743463171): Classy Freddie Blassie, Keith Elliot Greenberg: Books The book on the Amazon Marketplace is inexpensive, and from this person's mind, one of the most underrated books out there. It tells a story of a man whose sidesteps in life eventually led to wrestling. Also features tales of World War II, womanizing, child abuse, and his always-endearing affection for the WWE. Released just before he died, it is a very good tome on a man's life.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
*Massive bump*

I want to get this thread going again and to start with here is some news items on potential future releases

pwinsider said:
Dwayne Johnson noted on Twitter that he's currently writing his second book.

I bought the first one pretty soon after it was released and it was pretty bad. It was written basically in character and hopefully the ghostwriter that did the first book is nowhere near this one. The Rock has had such a brilliant career and life it should be easy to write a good book on his life.

PWS said:
WWE Hall of Famer Adam “Edge” Copeland has indicated that he is working on an autobiography.
When asked on Twitter if he plans to write a second book, The Rated-R Superstar replied, “Workin on it.”

His first autobiography, Adam Copeland on Edge, was released in 2004. Unlike most wrestlers who used “ghostwriters” to write their biographies, Copeland wrote the entire book himself, in longhand. Mick Foley, who also wrote his wrestling autobiography himself in longhand, wrote the foreword to his book.

I liked his first book and I would definitely pick up a follow up book. His original book was written when he was out due to neck surgery and it was before he became a maineventer. He has done so many amazing things since then and has had a brilliant career that it almost demands a follow up.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
You all need to read Bret Hart's book Hitman: My Real Life in the Cartoon world of Pro Wrestling

It's long as fuck, but so worth it.

He's working on a follow up to it, as a matter of fact.