Wrestlers wary of Ryback

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Assuming this report is even legit, it could be for a number of reasons. Ryback is definitely still a little sloppy in the ring, but it could also be that the contracted wrestlers don't want to deal with consequences that come with getting squashed... particularly getting buried and forfeiting any and all momentum they had established over the previous few months.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Thing is do you really think a low card guy would have any say in what match he doesn't want to work in? Doubt Tyson Kidd can be like I won't wrestle Ryback and management actually saying okay.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Dave Metzler seriously show me one article he's written in the past 10-15 years that's been accurate. Worthless read.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Assuming this report is even legit, it could be for a number of reasons. Ryback is definitely still a little sloppy in the ring, but it could also be that the contracted wrestlers don't want to deal with consequences that come with getting squashed... particularly getting buried and forfeiting any and all momentum they had established over the previous few months.

I'm not really seeing the argument here. Wrestlers job all the time and have jobbed to far worse than Ryback. Plus he's been booked as a furious, seemingly unstoppable monster so I don't see how him beating someone lowers their credibility.

I guess I just don't buy the notion that the wrestlers allegedly don't want to job to Ryback, while Dolph Ziggler has jobbed to Brodus Clay at least five times.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
The nature in which they job to Ryback is a little different though. Against him they hardly ever put up a fight and come off looking helpless. It's a weak argument, I'll give you that, but I also agree with PHX that they really shouldn't have a say. I seriously doubt this report is legit anyways, I just threw it out there for the sake of argument tbh.

AF.

Reaction score
WWE roster is full of bitches. We already know this.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Dave Metzler seriously show me one article he's written in the past 10-15 years that's been accurate. Worthless read.

Ding Ding Ding!!!

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Hey, if you're willing to put someone over, even if it means you'll be out of the spotlight for a bit, to me is a great quality for a company like WWE to have in their talent. It proves that the person jobbing is willing to work, proves they don't care as long as the numbers improve. I'd have a ton of respect for the first WWE guy who's willing to job to Ryback.

JMobile

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
I'm just curious how long this is gonna be for. It's getting old for me. I think Ryback and Brodus Clay would be a nice feud

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Ryback/Clay, really? Neither are good in the ring yet. Those matches would just be garbage. They both need to work with someone established before doing things such as that.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I'm just curious how long this is gonna be for. It's getting old for me. I think Ryback and Brodus Clay would be a nice feud

I have been saying it for quite some time that Ryback's storyline needs to move into the next stage. I can't see how fans can get into the character when all he does is fight two jobbers each show, he hasn't evolved at all and he needs to do something different. The fans are behind his "Feed me more" line and if he actually started beating somebodies then it might lead to something.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
My guess is he'll fuck up a legend(s)/win a midcard title on the 1000th Raw and it will kick on from there.

Irish Mark

Banned
Reaction score
Well Ryback is getting more over every week. He could have a great feud with Cody IMO, Ryback's not ready for a belt and Cody needs at least one feud between his IC title story and being elevated to the main event. If Ryback doesn't get a spot in the WHC briefcase ladder match (catchy) or begin a feud on the 1000th Raw then I worry for him.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
My guess is he'll fuck up a legend(s)/win a midcard title on the 1000th Raw and it will kick on from there.

It would be good if WWE use the 1000th RAW to create a new star and give at least one wrestler a big push in the right direction. Would like to see Ryback take the US title, no need for Christian to drop the titel yet.

Well Ryback is getting more over every week. He could have a great feud with Cody IMO, Ryback's not ready for a belt and Cody needs at least one feud between his IC title story and being elevated to the main event. If Ryback doesn't get a spot in the WHC briefcase ladder match (catchy) or begin a feud on the 1000th Raw then I worry for him.

I don't think that he is getting more over every week, I think that it has stalled for the past month. A month ago people were chanting his "Feed me more" line and they still are now but other than that he doesn't get a massive pop when he comes out to wrestle. I don't really want to see Ryback feud with Cody because the only result that would make sense would be Ryback destroying Rhodes which wouldn't be good for Rhodes at all. I would give him the US title or at the very least book him in a MITB ladder match and let him dominate a few wrestlers.

Irish Mark

Banned
Reaction score
I don't think that he is getting more over every week, I think that it has stalled for the past month. A month ago people were chanting his "Feed me more" line and they still are now but other than that he doesn't get a massive pop when he comes out to wrestle. I don't really want to see Ryback feud with Cody because the only result that would make sense would be Ryback destroying Rhodes which wouldn't be good for Rhodes at all. I would give him the US title or at the very least book him in a MITB ladder match and let him dominate a few wrestlers.

We've obviously been watching different Smackdowns, I only heard the "Feed me more!" chants 2 weeks ago, getting louder last week. As for a feud with Rhodes, they could avoid TV singles matches, have them work house shows to develop together, culminating in a PPV match which Rhodes would win due to some heel shennanigans