WrestleMania XXVII: The Undertaker vs. ???

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

kingovkings

Reaction score
Im going for either Cena or Trips. I also think kane/taker feud will be over before Mania.

Mister J

Reaction score
John Cena sucks ass. I'd rather watch Triple H vs Undertaker again.

Doomsday

Reaction score
Triple H

He'll try and get revenge for Shawn or something I'm thinking.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Has anyone thought maybe about Alberto Del Rio?

Since debuting he has already taken out Rey and is currently involved in a program with Christian, he is getting some pretty good reactions since he has made his debut and I think if given the correct build up Del Rio could be a credible threat to Taker's 'streak' especially if they can have him go over a few other top faces on Smackdown like Christian, Show and maybe even guys like Edge or Orton on RAW.

I don't think he will BEAT the streak, but he could be a credible challenger to Taker and I think the two of them could have a pretty damn good match.

Reaction score
Del Rio challenging Taker would not work.

Rio is a guy who's being heavily booked and for him to be in the company for less than a year and lose to Taker would be a bad move. I think Del Rio could be the next Rumble winner but unless Undertaker would be the champ at that time, I can't see the two facing eachother. In terms of storyline, it would make sense. Del Rio (Having already beaten Mysterio, Christian and SDs other top faces) challenges Undertaker since he is the only face on SD who he has not beaten.

Del Rio would have to lose which wouldn't be a wise move for WWE.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
I can't see Del Rio winning the rumble, i'd think it would be more for someone like Edge, Jericho, Kane, Orton, H, Cena, Sheamus, Mysterio, Swagger?, or even Taker himself.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
How exactly would Del Rio losing to Taker be a bad move? I think that as long as he looks strong in the match, he wouldn't necessarily need the win to be put over, just being able to say he challenged Taker at Mania after being in the company for less than a year would do nothing but boost his 'cockiness' in kayfabe.

imported_Adam

Reaction score
Yeah but if hes cocky and shit going to WM, then gets his ass handed to him by Taker (even if Taker barely beats him) fans would expect his spirit to be crushed and if WWE didn't write that in, it would just be weird.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Why would it be weird if his 'spirits weren't crushed' he could just say that he got 'closer than anyone ever has to ending the streak' even if he really didn't. He could say he got closer than HBK did and blah blah, and he could get even more heat

imported_Adam

Reaction score
If he said that, it would make him sound like a blithering idiot, just like Miz after WM, saying, "I'm 1-0 at WrestleMania" and"I'm 17 years away from tieng with the Undertaker"... and that just sounded idiotic. Anyone who saw a match between the two would be able to tell that Del Rio wouldn't have been the man to come closest to ending the streak. WWE would have to work really hard in creative to find a way to make it look otherwise.

Doomsday

Reaction score
Triple H.
I'm going to stand by what I said earlier 100 percent.
The window for the two biggest Icons in the company to clash one more time is closing and it's closing fast.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Cena or bust.

Literally busted down and broken Undertaker will return for another year of 3-5 months of actual wrestling.