WrestleMania X-Seven Live Discussion - February 6, 2020

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
My top two most watched PPVs of all time might honestly be WrestleMania X-Seven and Canadian Stampede
I've been saying the entire time I'd be willing to take top 2. :toomanykobes

I think there should be some rules because it's not hard to book a better 4-match show.

You could probably take a few shows right now you don't rank high and cut half the matches and increase your opinion on it.

Reactions: Chris

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
You're gonna have to campaign for it harder when we redo nominations in a couple weeks Chris.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
You're gonna have to campaign for it harder when we redo nominations in a couple weeks Chris.
You and I still gotta get No Mercy on there. :cudi

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
You and I still gotta get No Mercy on there. :cudi
I must have misspoke before. Or maybe I'm just an idiot. Likely both.

But since No Mercy 2001 was 5th in the nominations I think we'll go ahead and do that one after Bash At The Beach 1996. And then we'll get another round of nominations.

• Love
Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I've been saying the entire time I'd be willing to take top 2. :toomanykobes

I think there should be some rules because it's not hard to book a better 4-match show.

You could probably take a few show right now you don't rank high and cut half the matches and increase your opinion on it.

Oh yeah 100% it's easier, but I mean it's easier to cook Spaghetti than it is some crazy complicated thing but you'd rather have some fire spaghetti than just some decent complicated dish lmao I get where you're coming from there, but I mean it's pretty simple to me that it was a PPV so it should be considered for best all-time lists, now I doubt many others would ranker it as high as me and that's fine, but it's easily Top 3 for me, probably 2.

And I said X-Seven was in my top two most-watched, that doesn't mean I rank it top 2 lmao I just rewatch it a ton

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I honestly think people overthink things like this. IMO if a show, a movie or a what have you is something you watch the most, you don't need to add a qualifier that it's not in your top whatever or it's not actually a good movie etc. I think whether people want to admit it or not, if you wouldn't watch one thing ten times more than another thing you probably legit think the first thing was better.

Anyways, I'm just fucking with you, guys. I just want the Smarks voted best WrestleMania of all time to have a great discussion tonight!

Reactions: Vegeta

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I honestly think people overthink things like this. IMO if a show, a movie or a what have you is something you watch the most, you don't need to add a qualifier that it's not in your top whatever or it's not actually a good movie etc. I think whether people want to admit it or not, if you wouldn't watch one thing ten times more than another thing you probably legit think the first thing was better.

Anyways, I'm just fucking with you, guys. I just want the Smarks voted best WrestleMania of all time to have a great discussion tonight!

So I can't say that I think Schindler's List is a better film overall than Guardians of the Galaxy 2 but I'd rather rewatch GOTG2 for the millionth time than SL for like the 5th time? :TI: I think it's perfectly acceptable to have a favorite list and a best list. I mean even using the GOTG comparision, I think the first movie is a good bit better than the second movie...but I rewatch the second way more and it's 90% just bc the last 20 minutes are so emotional and I sit through a weaker movie just to get to that point.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
So I can't say that I think Schindler's List is a better film overall than Guardians of the Galaxy 2 but I'd rather rewatch GOTG2 for the millionth time than SL for like the 5th time? :TI: I think it's perfectly acceptable to have a favorite list and a best list. I mean even using the GOTG comparision, I think the first movie is a good bit better than the second movie...but I rewatch the second way more and it's 90% just bc the last 20 minutes are so emotional and I sit through a weaker movie just to get to that point.
I mean, you can because people do it all the time. But, me personally I've never said I think Scream 1 is a better film, but I watch Scream 2 more. How often I watch something is generally tied into what I like more. I think art is too subjective to really have a difference between best film and favorite film. Especially for people like you and I who aren't even professional critics or anything.

Especially when it comes to wrestling. If I ask you what your top 2 Manias are, I'm pretty much asking you what your favorites two Manias are. I don't think you can critically say one Wrestling PPV is objectively better than another. One is subjectively better IYO.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
That reminds me of when I talked about Half Life and Opposing Force. I think Half Life is the better game than Opposing Force, but I'd rather play OPFO more.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I'm just gonna say, the good thing about watching this Mania, is we just watched the Rumble from the same year, so it's gonna be cool.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
That reminds me of when I talked about Half Life and Opposing Force. I think Half Life is the better game than Opposing Force, but I'd rather play OPFO more.
That's exactly what I'm talking about. I think you like OPFO more, but for whatever you reason you feel the need to tell people you like Half Life better. I've never played either of them tbh, but I'm gonna guess Half Life is generally reviewed better by other gamers.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I'm just gonna say, the good thing about watching this Mania, is we just watched the Rumble from the same year, so it's gonna be cool.
Indeed. And we have No Mercy coming up as well. I'm gonna be sad because I don't think we got SummerSlam on the books.

Reactions: Vegeta

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I mean, you can because people do it all the time. But, me personally I've never said I think Scream 1 is a better film, but I watch Scream 2 more. How often I watch something is generally tied into what I like more. I think art is too subjective to really have a difference between best film and favorite film. Especially for people like you and I who aren't even professional critics or anything.

Especially when it comes to wrestling. If I ask you what your top 2 Manias are, I'm pretty much asking you what your favorites two Manias are. I don't really think you critically say one Wrestling PPV is objectively better than another. One is subjective better IYO.

If you were to ask me what my top two 'Manias are I'd probably tell you 26 and 31, but I know I've watched X-Seven way more considering it's been every few months since 01 and those are way more recent :lmao

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Indeed. And we have No Mercy coming up as well. I'm gonna be sad because I don't think we got SummerSlam on the books.

01 was just a pretty good year overall.

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
That's exactly what I'm talking about. I think you like OPFO more, but for whatever you reason you feel the need to tell people you like Half Life better. I've never played either of them tbh, but I'm gonna guess Half Life is generally reviewed better by other gamers.

I do agree with you that I think a lot of people do this bc they want to be seen as having "right opinions" but I don't think that means that everyone does. I mean you gotta factor in everything from what mood you're in, who you're watching with and everything that I think it's fine to just accept that people can have these opinions and not question if they REALLY think something is better or not :lmao