Wrestlemania Rumor

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CenaMark54

From Gerweck.net

- There is talk that the current Shane McMahon vs. Randy Orton match could set up Orton winning, and the McMahon family going out to get Steve Austin to face Orton at Wrestlemania 25. Lets just hope that this doesn't set up Mr. McMahon vs. Randy Orton at Mania.

This would be pretty cool. Although it doesn't make much sense given Orton's Rumble win and guaranteed title shot.

Unless he cashes it in early ala Cena. Although heels tend to be smarter than faces so I doubt they would have Orton do that.

LKP

OOOOOO i like this one. I mean we all assume Orton will go after cena for the world title. I mean who's to say they don't strip him of title shot and get stone cold to taker on Orton. Stone cold vs Orton for me at Wm25 is like a dream match for me.

PeepShow

Nice change for them to go get Austin to be on their side, but yeah, doesn't make much sense seeing as how he said he will sue if he doesn't get the word title shot @ Mania.

noumenon

Okay.... yeah Orton vs. Stone Cold sounds great. So this would make the Royal Rumble utterly pointless. Who would Cena face at Wrestlemania? Why would Austin suddenly have an allegiance to the McMahons. I'm gonna have to give two thumbs down on this one. Too many holes...to much shit to consider. Have Orton go over Shane at NWO via Stephanie fucking Shane over. Orton goes on to WM to face Cena...win the title. After that sure...work Stone Cold into it somehow.

LKP

Maybe Orton wins the title before wm25 and keeps it vs Austin or loses it whichever?

noumenon

Why would people even think Austin would beat Orton for the title. The guy is retired and has said a million times he could never wrestle full time again.

Travis40

This could work if Shane told Orton on Sunday that the match was for Orton's title shot, and whoever won a tourney on Raw would be #1 contender if he lost. Orton beats down Shane the entire match, until Shane gets a roll-up for the 3 count. Orton gets pissed and kicks Shane in the head, McMahon's are angry, and gets Stone Cold to get Orton at Mania.

PeepShow

This could work if Shane told Orton on Sunday that the match was for Orton's title shot, and whoever won a tourney on Raw would be #1 contender if he lost.

Again, that wouldn't make any sense as he won the Rumble fair and square and could "sue" if Shane did this in the same fashion for all his other statements.

LKP

This could work if Shane told Orton on Sunday that the match was for Orton's title shot, and whoever won a tourney on Raw would be #1 contender if he lost. Orton beats down Shane the entire match, until Shane gets a roll-up for the 3 count. Orton gets pissed and kicks Shane in the head, McMahon's are angry, and gets Stone Cold to get Orton at Mania.

See a good idea right there. if only wwe knew how creative you was lol. i agree man i d say that should happen.

noumenon

Ugh...no...just no. They've been building the fuck out of Orton this entire time to have a one off feud with Austin. And do you really think if Austin comes back for one more match he's going to LOSE it? And losing at Mania to Austin would completely kill Orton's momentum.

There is no other heel on RAW who has the momentum to go into Mania and face Cena who they've built to monumental proportions.

There's a time and a place for feuds like Orton/Austin....now is not it.

LKP

No the time is now. Cena vs Orton will be good, but its predictable. Where else can you have Orton vs austin? At judgment day? I do not think so.

CenaMark54

Ugh...no...just no. They've been building the fuck out of Orton this entire time to have a one off feud with Austin. And do you really think if Austin comes back for one more match he's going to LOSE it? And losing at Mania to Austin would completely kill Orton's momentum.

There is no other heel on RAW who has the momentum to go into Mania and face Cena who they've built to monumental proportions.

There's a time and a place for feuds like Orton/Austin....now is not it.

I agree. Now, if they want to make Austin the special guest referee, then thats fine. Even making it a triple threat between Austin, Cena, and Orton would be okay. Although, I hate triple threats at Mania for the title. Especially when one guy didnt earn a title shot.

If they wanted Orton vs Austin at Mania, someone else should have won the Rumble.

noumenon

Why not? Am I missing something? Has Austin been around and dominant for the past 5 years? Last I checked he was retired already. This is not a retirment match, it's just a one off match that would require a lot more reasoning and better timing than it would allow from here until Mania.
Who cares if it's predictable... it's what they've been building towards and to shut it down now would make no sense at all. Orton is RAW's top heel...why would you divert him from the title at Wrestlemania?
Who then would face Cena....Jericho? Who's already been crushed by him how many times.
JBL? Not a credible contender in my book for Mania main event. Besides, he's wrapped up in the HBK thing.

LKP

Cena vs Orton is good dont get me wrong but Austin can draw to wm25 also. A 3 way is a good idea to. They have 6 weeks to wm5 so they can make a story happen easily