SPOILER! Wrestlemania Backlash 2021 Rate Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Backlash

• 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10

• 2/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

• 6/10

• 8/10

• 9/10

• 10/10

• Total voters

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Your viewpoint is as valid as any other fan's viewpoint is valid.

But, simply because you enjoy it and you can explain why you enjoy doesn't make a case as to why I should enjoy.

You think it's great. I am happy for you. I think it's horse shit.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Your viewpoint is as valid as any other fan's viewpoint is valid.

But, simply because you enjoy it and you can explain why you enjoy doesn't make a case as to why I should enjoy.

You think it's great. I am happy for you. I think it's horse shit.
I step in when I read stuff that I think is wrong
It's a wrestling forum after all

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I wonder how much of it, from my point of view, is simply how nice and refreshing it is to see the unstoppable top guy finally be booked as a heel for these underdogs like Cesaro to fight the uphill battle against. Roman comes across like a tough to beat challenger instead of the face that's just trying to get his shit in (gotta find some way to pull off that Drive-By kick).

For years, most notably at the Rumble, they've wanted Roman to be a heel that the other guy gets cheered against, but couldn't turn him out of their own twisted way of thinking, and it was just awkward. Now it's not impossible to root for the other guy but this time it's for the right reasons.

this still leads to the question of who beats him, though. It's looking like the options are either Big E or they fucked up.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
this still leads to the question of who beats him, though. It's looking like the options are either Big E or they fucked up.

It's the second choice. I can't see them doing anything at this point that wouldn't be anticlimactic.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
lol even he's tired of that, you ain't kidding.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
An interruption in Roman's title reign, even if only a month or so, would have been interesting. My guess is they are trying to give him a longer reign than CM Punk or something silly like that.

I can't criticize others for liking it. We all like different things. But I just don't like it. I cannot watch a Roman Reigns match at this point and have any suspension of disbelief that he is going to lose the title. And I find that to be boring as hell.

Even in Hulk Hogan's first title reign, they were able to make it seem like he would lose. With Roman, they are only putting underdogs against him over and over again. They had Hogan going people that made him look like the underdog. You could watch Hogan go up against King Kong Bundy or Andre the Giant and believe he could lose.

With Roman, there's no point for me anymore. If I can't believe that the opponent has a chance to win, I just can't watch it.

I am glad Redboy enjoys it. I know I am hard on him sometimes, but I cannot tell other people what they like or don't like, and they can't tell me that either. I am glad it works for others. It doesn't work for me. I thought heel Roman would be interesting and the character was at first. But now, I just don't enjoy it.

I have been watching WWE longer than a lot of people on this forum have been alive. Even when WCW was dominating the Monday Night War, I never lost interest in the company. I watched Raw first and then Nitro. But this is the least interested I have been in the product probably in my entire life. And it's not just Roman. There are a lot of dumb things going on. But he's a big part of it.

The last Smackdown lost .4 million viewers from the week before and was number 3 for the night in the 18-49 demographic. 1.8 million viewers on one the four major networks. This is also down 2.1 million viewers from 2 years ago. Ratings were averaging about 2.5 million every week and began to slag in summer of 2020 right before Roman became champion and then began fluctuating between 1.8 million and 2.1.

So I doubt I am the only one who feels this way.

Reactions: Snowman1

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
The more I think about it, what bothers me comes together more. It's not the character at all. In fact, I have to agree that character wise, this really is the best work Roman has done. I won't claim it's the best thing on wrestling TV, but the character works great.

I just wish the booking was different. But that's just my opinion. Oh well, I won't lose sleep over it... even though I have been awake for 24 hours.

Reactions: Snowman1