SPOILER! Wrestlemania Backlash 2021 Rate Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rate Backlash

• 0/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/10

• 2/10

• 3/10

• 4/10

• 6/10

• 8/10

• 9/10

• 10/10

• Total voters

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
1621219236876.png

Please rate Wrestlemania Backlash and leave a comment to let us know what you thought of the show.

Backlash Results

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
5. Some good matches but lousy results. WWE sucking Roman's dick as a heel is no better anymore than sucking it as a face was.

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
5. Some good matches but lousy results. WWE sucking Roman's dick as a heel is no better anymore than sucking it as a face was.
Its better if only because roman is better as a heel, thanks to heyman he is alot better on the mic, he has way more confidence with the mic which he severely lacked before his current run, so overal i would say yes it is actually better then before.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
What a weird show.
This should have been amazing. Almost the entire show was. Shoot, what, 6 of the 7 matches massively delivered? Even overdelivered, in the wwe title match? Can one throwaway match nobody cared about ruin a show?

Let's ask the ZOMBIE LUMBERJACKS.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I can't understand how the presence of zombies could ruin a ppv with multiple not candidates. Like if you enjoyed a majority of the matches on the show then how does the zombies ruin the show? Every ppv has to have filler and the zombies were obviously the filler. Ain't nobody excited for Miz vs Preist, so you can't even be disappointed by it. No expectation for that match whatsoever so the fact something completely bonkers happened I can't even be mad.

It does show why people like Smackdown and hate Raw. Stupid supernatural on Raw. The best wrestling character in the world on Smackdown

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Its better if only because roman is better as a heel, thanks to heyman he is alot better on the mic, he has way more confidence with the mic which he severely lacked before his current run, so overal i would say yes it is actually better then before.

It's because Roman is not better as a heel. I thought he would be, but he is exactly the same.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
When both Steve Austin was failing as a heel and the Rock was failing as a face, the WWE didn't just change their heel/face status. They changed the characters.

There has been no change with Roman. They still think this undertalented wrestler with limited charisma is their answer. He is the same person he has been for years and I am sick of seeing it.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
When both Steve Austin was failing as a heel and the Rock was failing as a face, the WWE didn't just change their heel/face status. They changed the characters.

There has been no change with Roman. They still think this undertalented wrestler with limited charisma is their answer. He is the same person he has been for years and I am sick of seeing it.
But why not listen to the content to his promos. cmon there is undeniably a new character there. Head of the table thinking he is the man who is responsible for everyones livelihood because he us the face if the company. That's a character is it not?

• Haha
Reactions: Jacob Fox

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Granted I'm not watching the weekly TV when I type this, but Roman is coming across DRASTICALLY better to me.
His offense, ability to control the pace, mannerisms, even his highspots come across...now that I think about it, like a much better/stronger Randy Orton at his best
(so I compared him to someone known for being boring lol)

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
They are using Roman as a heel exactly how they used him as a face. Let's let him beat everyone and not try any new dynamics.

It's BORING.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
They are using Roman as a heel exactly how they used him as a face. Let's let him beat everyone and not try any new dynamics.

It's BORING.
But there new dynamics. You can't say there are no new dynamics when there are. He is cheating and has a new heel character alongside Paul Heyman and has a subordinate in Jey Uso.

Fair enough you dont like the changes but to not even acknowledge any changes is delusional. Because there are changes. The guy literally has a henchman lmao. He didn't have one before.

Roman Reigns has not uttered the phrases 'tater tots' or 'suffering socatash son' since his return either.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
But why not listen to the content to his promos. cmon there is undeniably a new character there. Head of the table thinking he is the man who is responsible for everyones livelihood because he us the face if the company. That's a character is it not?

I do listen and I just don't like it anymore.

But the answer is no. It's no different in my point of view. I listen to what he says. Big deal. He was still going on and on about how he was the best after he beat Taker claiming "It's my yard now."

Promo work is not everything if the ring work and booking is the same.

In the ring, they are doing the EXACT same thing with Roman they were doing when he was a face. They are trying to make him into this unbeatable force and that IS BORING.

If you walk into a match without being able to believe the opponent has a chance to win, it's boring. And no amount of promos can change that.

In fact, you go back and read my comments early into the heel turn, I found it refreshing and actually good. But the ring work and the booking brought it down because it put him right back where he was before. It's any excuse for WWE to try and tell the fans that he is the best they have, regardless of what fans really believe.

Roman will not go down in history as one of the tops like Hogan, Flair, Cena, Austin, the Rock... etc.

I am sorry, but WWE is making him not be that good.

Again, they made the Ultimate Warrior seem unbeatable, including cleanly beating Hogan. And his reign FELL. So it doesn't surprise me that putting up a champion that no one feels they can reasonably believe will lose a match is making WWE have record low ratings.

Last edited:

Redboy123@

Reaction score
In the ring, they are doing the EXACT same thing with Roman they were doing when he was a face. They are trying to make him into this unbeatable force and that IS BORING.
No he isnt. Before he was the babyface that got worked over then had a comeback. Now it's the opposite. Sorry for disagreeing with but that's just a fact unfortunately. Can't say its Excact when they have him wrestle compley different. Before he never ever did a submission.

But the answer is no. It's no different in my point of view. I listen to what he says. Big deal. He was still going on and on about how he was the best after he beat Taker claiming "It's my yard now."
That's a very narrow minded point of view. You must think every wrestler ever has the excact same character. Batista said he was the best. Triple H said he was the best. Jericho, Punk, Orton, Flair... Even Ziggler said he was the best. Why are you overlooking all the other parts of his new character? Majority of wrestling heels behave the same heelish character, it's all the bells and whistles on the side that make it.

If you walk into a match without being able to believe the opponent has a chance to win, it's boring. And no amount of promos can change that.
I agree but I'm not debating that. But to say that they are doing the excact same thing with his old baby face character is deluded. Is it even a character problem that they can't get a challenger that people think can actually beat him. Tbf I saw loads of people thinking Edge or Bryan were going to win at Mania. Like alot of people.

It's any excuse for WWE to try and tell the fans that he is the best they have, regardless of what fans really believe.
No because you are in the minority bud, which is fine obviously. Its just that Roman is the most well recieved wrestler in all of wrestling at the moment. So fans are actually buying into the character. He is over

Again, they made the Ultimate Warrior seem unbeatable, including cleanly beating Hogan. And his reign FELL. So it doesn't surprise me that putting up a champion that no one feels they can reasonably believe will lose a match is making WWE have record low ratings.
I dont think record low ratings can be attributed to Roman's reigns. That is a downward trend that was inevitably going to happen. Its wrestling in the year 2021. I wouldn't be surprised that Roman actually has a positive affect on ratings. Ask a legitimate and reliable wrestling journalist. I doubt they would disagree with me there.

I get more to why you feel the way you do. In a simple way booking Roman strong as a baby face is the same as booking Roman strong as a heel. I get that. Actually tbf Roman never long title reign as a face so that's another flaw in your logic but I digress...

I do not overlook the new heel character of Roman because there is alot to look at. He is by far the most well developed character in wwe, which isnt saying much but still. For every detail you can say about one character like Drew, I can name about 5 details about Roman. The guys character is stacked. Undeniable. It's so good they ain't gonna take the title off him anytime soon. You just so happen not to like something that is hugely popular. I don't like marvel movies so I understand.

I am into it because I like champions being dominant champions. I'd much rather a dominant champion that I know will win the a hot potato bollocks they do with all the other titles in wwe. AEW got it right with having less title changes.

Roman will drop the title to someone eventually and it will be worth it cuz long term booking is great. But I guess long term booking isn't for everyone in this bikini too generation. Not saying that's you,you just find it boring. You probably like long term booking yourself.

Actually if anything... they will botch it and have him lose to Lesnar later this year so we probably wont even get a baby face finally beating him. But I can't criticise something that is yet to happen

Last edited: