WrestleMania Wrestlemania 20,30,40 and so on

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

HunterHearstJericho

The Artiste
Reaction score
At WrestleMania 20 they had a triple threat match for the World Title, similar ending with the top face wining in the match, do you guys think that every 10 years there will be a triple threat main event at WrestleMania? I mean the ending's were kind of similar with a submission victory, similar but not too similar celebration and a big table moment but this one was much more hardcore with the Batista Bomb/RKO in my opinion. One other question why did Triple H use the Crossface? I mean I know HBK and he used it frequently in 2008 but at WrestleMania 30 why do you guys think Hunter used it?

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
I think it's more that the "-0" Wrestlemanias, in particular, are hallmark Manias. At X, Bret Hart, who was an up-and-comer at that point, won the WWF Title. It was a hallmark moment for the company (Bret not being the prototypical big guy who "looks like a champion" winning the title. At XX, it was Benoit walking away with the big title (arguably, the WHC was, at that point, the biggest title in the company). Again, a hallmark in what was a hugely promising career, not to mention the fact that he, too, was a smaller, less expected guy. At XXX, we've now had DBD walk away with the big title. Again, a hallmark in his young career and, again, he's a smaller, less expected guy.

I don't think those Manias will ever be about triple threats. I think they're more about doing something new and unexpected.

wk

Ric Flare!

The Artiste
Reaction score
This Mania I still believe would have been Batista vs Orton. WWE expected Batista to be over as a face when he returned. WWE then had Punk drop out and Bryan still had such a following so the triple threat match was a quick fix to the Main Event hate / Middle Finger to Punk

HunterHearstJericho

The Artiste
Reaction score
This Mania I still believe would have been Batista vs Orton. WWE expected Batista to be over as a face when he returned. WWE then had Punk drop out and Bryan still had such a following so the triple threat match was a quick fix to the Main Event hate / Middle Finger to Punk
Yeah backstage sources said it was a "Fuck you" to CM Punk saying "This could have been you"

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
As wk said, it's mostly supposed to be a bigger than usual WM moment, not necessarily a triple threat. And HHH used the Crossface because, well, he's used that as a submission move in the past, you know, so why not use it here? And he may have been "stealing" the Yes Lock, one or the other.

HunterHearstJericho

The Artiste
Reaction score
As wk said, it's mostly supposed to be a bigger than usual WM moment, not necessarily a triple threat. And HHH used the Crossface because, well, he's used that as a submission move in the past, you know, so why not use it here? And he may have been "stealing" the Yes Lock, one or the other.
Nah dude the announcers said "Crossface" not Yes Lock, + the Yes Lock looks totally different

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Wrestlemania XX had an amazing ending, its a shame that it'll always be clouded and all that but still one of my favourite WM / PPV endings. I totally agree with @Wacokid27 x0 mania's have always been about "surprises" although DB winning wasn't that surprising to me, Batista tapping out was though.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Nah dude the announcers said "Crossface" not Yes Lock, + the Yes Lock looks totally different

To us, yes. To the casuals, no.

To illustrate, my wife watched the DBD matches with great interest (she's a big Bryan fan because she understood why he didn't want anybody pooping on the bus...thank you, Total Divas). And when Trips locked on the Crossface, I immediately recognized it for what it was (Benoit HOLLA!!!). Her response: "He's stealing Bryan's move!". I could have tried to explain the difference, but.....nah, not worth it.

wk

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
He started using it after Benoit's death before his rest hold was a figure four or a Indian Deathlock
He was using a rest hold that targeted the shoulder. Don't make it something its not.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
To us, yes. To the casuals, no.

To illustrate, my wife watched the DBD matches with great interest (she's a big Bryan fan because she understood why he didn't want anybody pooping on the bus...thank you, Total Divas). And when Trips locked on the Crossface, I immediately recognized it for what it was (Benoit HOLLA!!!). Her response: "He's stealing Bryan's move!". I could have tried to explain the difference, but.....nah, not worth it.

wk

And people wonder why Bryan is so likable.