Would You Like It If The American Bad Ass Were Still Around?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I don't know if "everybody" was sick of the American Bad Ass and wanted Dead Man Taker back in 2003, but I do recall that when the WWE were hyping up Taker's comeback for the '03 Royal Rumble, they spent the first two weeks showing videos of tombstones and stuff accompanied by his old music (which made it look like "The Phenom" and "The Lord Of Darkness" version of Undertaker was coming back instead of his Biker persona) but then on the last week, they started showing videos of his ABA vignettes instead. So it seems they originally had intentions of bringing the Dead Man back earlier than they did but then changed their minds at the last moment (if you look closely in the front row when he makes his entrance during the '03 Rumble match, you can clearly see a couple of guys looking disappointed, as if they were really hoping/expecting the old Taker to make an entrance.)

Reactions: Wacokid27

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
no this forum was not around but other were other site were around all said that wanted the deadman back and sick of the ABA he the undertaker not a biker it made no sense!

There's been talk around here about the changes in WWE's characters in the last few years also. A big point that's been brought up more than a few times was that it no longer made sense for there to be a "supernatural" character like the Undertaker's Deadman gimmick or his insane, less supernatural but still owing something to the realm of horror movies half-brother.

Especially given that Kane has gone to a "corporate stooge" gimmick over the last couple of months, it would make some sense for the ABA Taker (or a version thereof) to be the guy we see next Monday, particularly if the idea is for him to feud with Lesnar for his Mania match.

wk

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I like The Undertaker as an overall performer--ring work and charisma. But his mic skills and gimmick are kind of stale. He's intimidating whether he's the American badass or the phenom. I don't care which one he is. I feel he stuck with his original character to retire how he started.