Would You Like It If The American Bad Ass Were Still Around?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Laura

The Showoff
Reaction score
I'd love if the ABA was still around, he was a far deeper character than the deadman. I don't know why they regressed into the deadman charcter. ABA was a great heel too, that whole Big evil thing. I remember when he damn near killed David Flair before the WM match with Ric. He had some awesome catchphrases too, like how he'd talk about his yard, or make you famous, or Deadman Incorporated. Very cool character.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
I would enjoy seeing him return as ABA.

I do know that his current "Deadman" character is intended to incorporate different aspects of all of the "incarnations" Undertaker has gone through since his arrival in WWE (the clothes are similar to MOD Taker, the striking moveset from ABA/Big Evil Taker, the promo style/base character from the original "Deadman" gimmick).

Having said all that, though, just go back to being ABA and come down on a motorcycle and I'll cream my little shorts.

wk

Schmitlab

Jobber
Reaction score
If it means going back to using the Last Ride as a finisher then hell yea. I loved his ABA Gimmick and honestly i like the Last Ride a lot better then the Tombstone. Might just be me but i just don't like the Tombstone Piledriver and never really have.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
If it means going back to using the Last Ride as a finisher then hell yea. I loved his ABA Gimmick and honestly i like the Last Ride a lot better then the Tombstone. Might just be me but i just don't like the Tombstone Piledriver and never really have.

Please don't be offended by this, but....are you frickin' serious?!?!?!?!?! :why:

All kidding aside, I like him using the Last Ride, but I've always been a fan of the Tombstone. Different strokes and all, I guess.

wk

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Anyone notice last night that when Goldust and Cody Rhodes were playing with the toys backstage, they showed a toy of Undertaker on a motorcycle and said "...there's the Undertaker on his Harley." I'm probably looking too much into it, but I wonder if that was a slight clue that Undertaker is returning next week as the American Bad Ass instead of the Dead Man. They're usually very protective of Taker's Dead Man character and have gone out of their way in the past NOT to bring up that he used to ride a motorcycle and portray a different sort of gimmick.

B.Dazzle

Know Your Role!
Reaction score
Anyone notice last night that when Goldust and Cody Rhodes were playing with the toys backstage, they showed a toy of Undertaker on a motorcycle and said "...there's the Undertaker on his Harley." I'm probably looking too much into it, but I wonder if that was a slight clue that Undertaker is returning next week as the American Bad Ass instead of the Dead Man. They're usually very protective of Taker's Dead Man character and have gone out of their way in the past NOT to bring up that he used to ride a motorcycle and portray a different sort of gimmick.
That would be really interesting and quite funny considering your thread on Taker. Honestly, if they are doing Taker vs Lesnar, ABA Taker is the way to go.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
That would be really interesting and quite funny considering your thread on Taker. Honestly, if they are doing Taker vs Lesnar, ABA Taker is the way to go.

He's been coming more and more out of his character these days (doing commercials, speaking as himself on WWE docs, etc.) and when it comes his time to go into the Hall Of Fame, he's gonna have to act as himself, both for his speech as well as the next night when he's presented to the crowd along with the other HOF inductees. So he and WWE may have figured why not just revert back to his more natural self given how few years he has left. All still speculation, of course.

Reactions: B.Dazzle

Kooldip

The Artiste
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Yep, definitely noticed that! That was deliberately placed, I would not be surprised if he showed up with the ABA gimmick next week. I'd imagine they'd want to have Taker use that gimmick because he isn't limited in his promos. They will also probably be using the footage of Brock and Taker's little confrontation from 2010 and because Taker wasn't wearing a giant trench coat, hat, gloves and eye liner, they'll need some continuity with his on screen character. AND!! If this is his last hurrah, he can deliver a heart felt promo to us without hurting the dead man gimmick... which is going to make me cry like a baby if that's the case.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Yep, definitely noticed that! That was deliberately placed, I would not be surprised if he showed up with the ABA gimmick next week. I'd imagine they'd want to have Taker use that gimmick because he isn't limited in his promos. They will also probably be using the footage of Brock and Taker's little confrontation from 2010 and because Taker wasn't wearing a giant trench coat, hat, gloves and eye liner, they'll need some continuity with his on screen character. AND!! If this is his last hurrah, he can deliver a heart felt promo to us without hurting the dead man gimmick... which is going to make me cry like a baby if that's the case.

Yeah, I was thinking of their UFC confrontation from a few years ago. That was actually one of those other examples I was gonna use to show why it would have made sense for Taker to be the American Bad Aaa at least these past few years. Because the idea was that Vince wanted Brock to cross-over and have a match with Taker at WM27 and that 'staged' confrontation was gonna be used as part of the hype for the match. But it would have been pretty odd to show that footage since Taker was nothing like his Dead Man character there.

Reactions: Kooldip

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Yeah, I was thinking of their UFC confrontation from a few years ago. That was actually one of those other examples I was gonna use to show why it would have made sense for Taker to be the American Bad Aaa at least these past few years. Because the idea was that Vince wanted Brock to cross-over and have a match with Taker at WM27 and that 'staged' confrontation was gonna be used as part of the hype for the match. But it would have been pretty odd to show that footage since Taker was nothing like his Dead Man character there.
Would have been 100X more epic of Vince sent Taker to that UFC event in his Deadman garb

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
I like it how all u said u would have like the ABA Gimmick longer lol! that all BS I remember back in 2003 everyone wanted Undertaker to return as the Deadman and were sick of the ABA gimmick. Now all thes years later ur like oh we would have just rather just have ABA gimmick!THIS I BS! Anyway to ur question NO he is better as deadman b/c he called the "UNDERTAKER" DUH! Undertaker is not a biker it a tomestone. The biker gimmick would NEVER make sense b/ he a deadman not a biker which way that wanted him back as the deadman!

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I like it how all u said u would have like the ABA Gimmick longer lol! that all BS I remember back in 2003 everyone wanted Undertaker to return as the Deadman and were sick of the ABA gimmick. Now all thes years later ur like oh we would have just rather just have ABA gimmick!THIS I BS! Anyway to ur question NO he is better as deadman b/c he called the "UNDERTAKER" DUH! Undertaker is not a biker it a tomestone. The biker gimmick would NEVER make sense b/ he a deadman not a biker which way that wanted him back as the deadman!
not everyone shares the majority opinion dumbass. I wasn't even watching in 2003 lol

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score

I wasn't on this forum in 2003. I don't even know if it existed at that time, so your point is moot.

Either that, or I'm not part of "everyone" (and neither, apparently, is @Dolph'sZiggler ). Who knew?

wk

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
I wasn't on this forum in 2003. I don't even know if it existed at that time, so your point is moot.

Either that, or I'm not part of "everyone" (and neither, apparently, is @Dolph'sZiggler ). Who knew?

wk

no this forum was not around but other were other site were around all said that wanted the deadman back and sick of the ABA he the undertaker not a biker it made no sense!