Would You Give Batista Another World Title Run?

• Thread starter THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps
  • Start date
  • Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
One can be carried to an acceptable match, or even a good match. See Cena carrying Khali.

Well everyone wants to bash Batista for his abilities and says everyone carries him. How about his matches with Khali? Next to Cena these were easily Khali's best matches. Far better then the match that HHH put on with Khali at Summerslam.

Reaction score
Or HBK carrying Batista for that matter.

You again? I'm just going to disregard your post. You showed me your stupidity when asking the question "is connecting with the fans more important then being entertaining?"

King Of Kings

Reaction score
I would i actually like when he had the belt on smackdown.

Airfixx

Your talking out of your ass. Batista does not get carried in his matches. Someone already mentioned that it takes two guys to put on a match.

Just cos another post said it takes 2, why the fuck should I change my opinion.

How many times have you seen some of the very best say things like "HBK could have an amazing match with a Broom!"... "or 'x' could have a great match with anyone!"? ...Or does someone like Ric Flair, HHH or VKM for example not know what they're talking about either?

People said the same thing about Cena for the longest time that he was being carried by everyone. It's just pure bullshit and stupidity.

Well I have never said that about Cena (so I'll thank you not to put other peoples words into my mouth) because there are pelenty of examples that prove otherwise.

Ironically for this discussion, all the flack that Cena get's (unjustly IMO) is very much applicable to Batista... Fuck all moves, No Charisma, lame character that's aimed at the kids... Oh, yeah and has be be carried otherwise his matches stink! --->>

Edit: Oh, p.s. way to ignore my point about WM24...

Or are you gonna try and tell me they BOTH looked shit in that match or that somehow what you'd deem to be their combined effort left Umaga looking good (whilst incidentally losing) and Batista looking lame as fuck?

He couldn't even hold his own with a decent working midcarder! LOL

ayrton

Reaction score
No, he should not win again the big one for the simple reason that time has come for him to elevate some younger talent by losing to them some big ones.
Doesn't that make sense to you?

TK.GFX

Reaction score
NO.

I can admit that Batista is still a draw for the WWE, but, wether people are still cheering for him or not, it still doesn't change the fact that he is currently straight up boring. Batista needs to be kept completly away from the title picture.

Remember back on Smackdown, when Batista was constantly challenging, or defending the World Championship? That's when he become utterely boring to me, because he was never doing anything else, but fighting for the title, which caused him to get stale. I'm sorry if anyone disagrees with what i'm about to say, but i have to say it; The Batista/Taker feud was very overated in my opinion. Their matches wearn't bad, but i really didn't find this feud special at all, in any way, because in the end, it was just Batista fighting for the title yet again.

Infact, the best feud/match that Batista has had in recent memory was not over a championship at all, and it was against John Cena (Another men who i feel should kept away from the title scene for awhile).

Now, quite honestly, i'm not a very big fan of Cena, or Batista at all, but i actually really enjoyed their match at SummerSlam.

Which is way, that when Cena returns, i think both him, and Batista should be kept away from the title picture, and instead continue their feud. Because wether i'm a fan of them or not, there is still alot more that can be done with them. I honestly think that WWE should have saved this feud, or atleast built it up alot longer, and saved the one on one match itself until Wrestlemania.

So, Batista can have his match with Jericho at Cyber Sunday, but after that, he needs to be kept away from the title. Then when Cena returns, they can restart their feud, ending with a big showdown between them at Wrestlemania. Because wether i like them or not, Cena vs Batista would still be a huge match, and it should happen at Mania.

Beer Money Army

you know if batista doesnt get the title, he's going get unlimited amounts of title shots

Evil Austin

hmmmm dipset has a point... lol, but yea I still stand by what I have been thinking the whole time Batista is in the main event but he shouldn't be in the title picture there is a difference like how Jericho and HBK and kinda Punk and Orton are in the title picture but Batista, Rey, Kane, Cena, JBL are all in the main event of raw but they are not the main event of ppv's going for the gold. I think that suits him best.

Kassidy

Reaction score
What does the amount of moves a guy does have to do with being a good wrestler? Does he connect with the fans? Yes. Does he make his company money? Yes. Is he a believable main event guy? Yes. Are the fans into his matches? Yes. The wwe fans today suck. They almost never cheer during matches but when Batista wrestles the crowd is into it. This stuff makes him a great wrestler.

No, it doesn't make him a good wrestler and you just showed ur stupidity, you said it doesn't matter how many moves he has but moves are very important to being a wrestler, what are you doing throught the match? Moves, and when someone has very littile of them they get boring and stale. now Batista isn't a great wrestler he is a great wwe superstar there is a difference because when someone is a wrestler they do have a large varitey of moves and know how to change things up if they have to. Stone cold was a great wrestler, we saw stone cold brawl, he fought a technical match, he has done everything wrestling wise besides highfly. Edge is a great wrestler and the list goes on but WWE cena, and Batista are not on that list, outside of wwe Cena can be a great wrestler but in wwe he has 4 moves of doom and that it.

but on topic Batista shouldnt get a title reign, he shouldnt be in the title picture.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
When he has the title, he's stale. When he doesn't have the title, he's still stale.

A heel run or secondary title would make any fan still find a wrestler interesting. Batista can't be World Champion anymore, NO. The only problem with that is that the title can switch between Orton/Jericho/Punk/Cena for so long. Another problem Batista isn't interesting enough to be OUT of the title picture like HHH can.

Turn him heel and I might actually find him interesting for once.