Would You Give Batista Another World Title Run?

• Thread starter THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps
  • Start date
  • Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WCW Rules

Reaction score
BKB, how do ya know he's crying? For all we know, it's speculation. Nothing is concrete on the 'net these days, especially considering all these biased fools running around crying BS.

In any case, fuck ya naysayers; BATISTA > MOST GUYS ON RAW, IMO. I like him, he commands a presence missing from the 'E these days. For the record, he's improved on the mic and in-ring, considering his performances thus far with some of the 'E's top players. Please, no BS on, "They carried him!" It takes 2 to tango. And for all you saying he's roided up, please. He's cut off much of his weight, and he's not as big as he was back in '05 and '06. He's considerably smaller and more toned. I like power; just because you guys don't consider power manuevering to be a top tier professional wrestling discipline, doesn't mean it's not. It's been used by some prolific superstars, and though it's not well regarded by the IWC, it's still a style. Don't shit on a wrestler because they don't coincide with your billing of a wrestler.

And yes, only if the situation demands it. I'd like to see him have one or two more title reigns before he retires.

The_Model

Reaction score
Well first off he is not as bad in the ring as everyone makes him out to be. He consistently puts on very good matches. On the mic he is not the best, but he gets his point across with few words. As far as charisma goes, he does ooze charisma. He has the it factor to him. When you look at him you see a big star before he even wrestles or says a word. More then anything though, the reason he has talent is becuase of his connection with the fans. Being able to do a few nice moves in the ring, having mic skills and charisma are all fine, but if you can't connect with the fans you have nothing. Like I said in my previous post he has been one of the most over guys in the wwe since 2005. The fans care about him. If you can get the fans to care enough about you to pay money to either cheer you or boo you, that right there is talent.

Yes he is. He's terrible.

He's just another one of those guys who has a well built body for wrestling. He's big, he's slow, he hardly has any moves.

Yeah, he's human, but how many times is he going to screw up his lines? It's rather embarrassing.

Moonlight Drive

Chessy summed it up beautifully.

Now WCW, you can argue for Batista all you like, but, how ca you justify giving the man a championship reign when there are SOO many better options in all aspects of wrestling?

Eg. Jericho, Orton, Cena, Punk, HBK, even JBL, yes JBL. JBL can work the mic, unlike Big Dave, and can get carried to a half decent match (like Batista)

WCW Rules

Reaction score
It's a man crush, unfortunately. :shifty:

No, seriously, someone doesn't need to be the best wrestler, or have great mic skills, in order for me to like him or her. I can like a wrestler, and he can be shite in the ring (Khali) or shite on the mic (Paul Burchill). I can care less for wrestling ability, or what you guys deem to be so, and mic skills. Many of my favorite wrestlers (Ultimo Dragon, Mistico, Cibernetico, Paul Burchill, and obviously, Batista) aren't known for mic skills. Also, many of my favorite wrestlers (Goldberg, Mesias, and Scott Steiner) aren't known for their in-ring ability. Sometimes, it takes something as miniscule as mannerisms, intensity, presence, or perhaps a badass approach, to make me a fan of you. I can care less for the typical internet wrestling fan's view on who can wrestle, and talk the talk, because it boils down to my preference in who I enjoy watching.

Oh, and I wuv Candice Michelle; she's probably one of the most hated Divas currently. My opinion seems to clash with the majority, and I'm okay with that.

I like Jericho; he's Champion right now. Randy Orton, seriously? I like him, but how is he better? If you listen to most of the 'net fans, he's Mr. Rest Hold. He's also not that charismatic. I don't listen to them, but I don't consider him any better, or worse, than Batista. I also like Cena, but I prefer Batista over him. Punk is awesome, he's up there. HBK needs another run with the title, I agree. JBL? No, just no.

Reaction score
Yes he is. He's terrible.

He's just another one of those guys who has a well built body for wrestling. He's big, he's slow, he hardly has any moves.

Yeah, he's human, but how many times is he going to screw up his lines? It's rather embarrassing.

I just think you don't understand what wrestling is all about. First off he is far from terrible. Take a look at any of his ppv matches over the last few years and you will find many really good matches. Putting that aside for a minute, the reason I say you don't understand wrestling is becuase you said he has hardly any moves. This is something that many smark iwc fans think. They think that you need a million different moves and need to fly around the ring and never slow down. The amount of moves you can do is not important unless you can connect with the fans. Something Batista has clearly done. With his look, and his style of wrestling he has managed to get his way to the top. Take a look at any of these roh guys. They are 200lbs and have all these different moves, but if you put them in a wwe ring in front of 20,000 people they won't connect with the fans the way Batista does. This is the reason why he is one the very best wrestlers in the world.

Moonlight Drive

Name me more than 5 Batista moves that aren't strikes,

1-Spinebuster
2-Spear
3-Batista Bomb

That's all I got =/

Reaction score
Name me more than 5 Batista moves that aren't strikes,

1-Spinebuster
2-Spear
3-Batista Bomb

That's all I got =/

What does the amount of moves a guy does have to do with being a good wrestler? Does he connect with the fans? Yes. Does he make his company money? Yes. Is he a believable main event guy? Yes. Are the fans into his matches? Yes. The wwe fans today suck. They almost never cheer during matches but when Batista wrestles the crowd is into it. This stuff makes him a great wrestler.

Moonlight Drive

Ohh I get it. I can do clotheslines and people cheer I'm awesome~!

Batista, can he cut a ME level promo? NO. Half of them are two sentences.

How often does he put on a good match, once every 6 months? Is that a good ratio for a ME competitor? NO.

Is he stale as fuck? YES. Batista is a terrible and boring face.

So are you trying to say 'connecting' with the fans is more important than being entertaining?

Reaction score
Ohh I get it. I can do clotheslines and people cheer I'm awesome~!

Batista, can he cut a ME level promo? NO. Half of them are two sentences.

How often does he put on a good match, once every 6 months? Is that a good ratio for a ME competitor? NO.

Is he stale as fuck? YES. Batista is a terrible and boring face.

So are you trying to say 'connecting' with the fans is more important than being entertaining?

LOL If he is connecting with the fans then they obviously find him entertaining. So that was a really dumb thing to say. He only puts on a good match every 6 months? Since 2007 look at all of the good matches he has put on. Any of his matches with the Undertaker, Edge, Shawn Michaels and just recently he put on a great match with John Cena at Summerslam. He may be boring and stale to you, but when the majority of fans pay money to watch him and cheer him on, then yes he is awesome.

Airfixx

^ JBL says hello... The man fumbles his lines on every RAW.

JBL has been amazing on the mic over the years and actually has lineS; delivers long dialogues rather than a couple of sentences where he has to pause every couple words to think about what he's just said.

Regarding Batista not being 'carried', bullshit.... The only time in recent memory I can recall him not being in the ring with a quality ME-er that can carry a match with ANYONE is against Umaga at WM24 and that was the worst match of the fucking night, dispite Umaga looking pretty decent with all that he did.

He is a functional tool at the very most. (No, I don't mean that in the slang sense that he's a dick. LOL)

Reaction score
JBL has been amazing on the mic over the years and actually has lineS; delivers long dialogues rather than a couple of sentences where he has to pause every couple words to think about what he's just said.

Regarding Batista not being 'carried', bullshit.... The only time in recent memory I can recall him not being in the ring with a quality ME-er that can carry a match with ANYONE is against Umaga at WM24 and that was the worst match of the fucking night, dispite Umaga looking pretty decent with all that he did.

He is a functional tool at the very most. (No, I don't mean that in the slang sense that he's a dick. LOL)

Your talking out of your ass. Batista does not get carried in his matches. Someone already mentioned that it takes two guys to put on a match. People said the same thing about Cena for the longest time that he was being carried by everyone. It's just pure bullshit and stupidity.

Austin_316

Reaction score
I think Batista is finished now. Not everyone gets a long reign as champion all the time because it might not be right for the company who want to explore new aspects etc. Batista had his chance as champ and didn't do much with it except finally beating HHH and so WWE should let him go as it's his time.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Your talking out of your ass. Batista does not get carried in his matches. Someone already mentioned that it takes two guys to put on a match. People said the same thing about Cena for the longest time that he was being carried by everyone. It's just pure bullshit and stupidity.

One can be carried to an acceptable match, or even a good match. See Cena carrying Khali.