Would Punk be a huge acquisition?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
How does he compare to say..Styles, Rollins & Omega?

I think he is on par with AJ and Omega. I love Rollins, but Rollins doesn't have that Flair-esque ability to make his opponent look better. Rollins needs a good opponent to work with.

AJ is the better worker. But Punk reminds me a Ric to a degree. He is nto the best wrestler and is not the best talker. But you put his talents together and that makes him one of the best.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I think he is on par with AJ and Omega. I love Rollins, but Rollins doesn't have that Flair-esque ability to make his opponent look better. Rollins needs a good opponent to work with.

AJ is the better worker. But Punk reminds me a Ric to a degree. He is nto the best wrestler and is not the best talker. But you put his talents together and that makes him one of the best.
?

Interesting...

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
I am biased because I am a Punk fan. But actually, as much as I love the guy, I took delight in him getting his ass kicked in UFC. He needed that humility lesson. But regardless, right now he is the number one asset that anyone can go for. He has not wrestled in over five years and his entire character was very anti-WWE. If I were the Khan's, I would offer him more money than Khan would have risked to defeat Kirk.
That's just it though. He was the guy who people that disliked the WWE were super into. People who were Punk fans are basically the same exact audience they're already attracting, so by spending a ton of money on him, how much do they actually have to gain, be it financially or otherwise? Even if I was a Punk fan, I'd still see it as a poor business choice unless they can get him for much cheaper than I'd imagine he'd want

Ovaldinho

Reaction score
Punk would be a short-term boost but long-term hindrance. He's going to make life really difficult once the time comes for AEW to prime MJF, Hangman and whoever else for being the stars of the company. If he was to sign (in the unlikely scenario he does), it has to be a year contract at most. Let him have a year similar to what Ronda just had, wins world title halfway through run, finally loses at the 'big show' of the year to someone i.e. Adam Page and let them gain all the benefits of that big win.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Punk would be a short-term boost but long-term hindrance. He's going to make life really difficult once the time comes for AEW to prime MJF, Hangman and whoever else for being the stars of the company. If he was to sign (in the unlikely scenario he does), it has to be a year contract at most. Let him have a year similar to what Ronda just had, wins world title halfway through run, finally loses at the 'big show' of the year to someone i.e. Adam Page and let them gain all the benefits of that big win.
I could get on board with that.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
He'd be the top 1 guy he could bring in lol. Nobody even comes close, do they?

But like Oval just said, AEW needs to be about establishing their own guys. It kind of reminds me of Lucha Underground starting out. It was cool to see Morrison on this new show, but when an unknown in Prince Puma beat him there was no stopping them.

Seeing so many of these either underrated Indy stars or fresh WWE guys make their own names in AEW is how they'll get over.

Reactions: Kasumi