Would Punk be a huge acquisition?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
I've read some rumours recently that AEW is trying to bring Punk in for their next show in Chicago. Being gone from mainstream wrestling for a while do you think a return to AEW would boost buys? Do you think if he signs full time it would help with ratings since he is a known commodity?

He has been known of wanting to be the main guy and main event every show. With all the main event caliber guys, who besides Jericho, are younger on the current roster I don't know if he would be able to get that spot. Might be more of a headache than what he's worth.

That being said, Punk/Omega or another Punk/Jericho feud would be quite entertaining. If given the creative freedom everyone has stated so far the wrestlers are being given in AEW, he has the talent to cut some incredible promos.

Thoughts?

Crash

Reaction score
Yes, he would for sure I think. He has been away from wrestling for so long and he was a big star... He would definitely make a big difference. I am not even a punk fan but I think this is a guarantee win for AEW if they sign him.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
CM Punk is in the top 3 guys they could sign. The only names that would be bigger are Brock Lesnar and John Cena.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Punk will not return to Wrestling in general, but if he did and it was in AEW than yes that would be huge and could push the odds in AEW favor.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Yeah it'd be a huge deal for them and a giant F-U to WWE. lol

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
*repeats everything that was said about being unlikely but big if it happens*

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Punk could be THE acquisition. However, I am confident that he will only return to wrestling if he needs the money. A lot of people think he may have a vendetta against Vince, but I don't believe that. Vince probably had a hand in him becoming disillusioned with the sport, but I think Punk would have to be offered the richest wrestling contract in world history to return... including from AEW.

However the Khan family has a few bucks. If I had the dough to spare, I would pursue the fuck out of Punk. Punk is very divisive, but a large percentage of the audience likes him and AEW could get him, they inscrease their value as a competitor.

That being told, it won't happen. And if it does, I will eat crow and give Chad Gable a blowjob.

• Haha
Reactions: Grievous 3D

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
Even if he was down to come back to wrestling, the real question would be whether the cost to get him to come back would make enough of an impact to pull a significant return of investment, because otherwise what's the point? Personally I say no, it wouldn't be, because how many new fans does it actually bring over other than the initial show where people may tune in out of curiosity or nostalgia. At this point what is Punk's name even worth? He left WWE 5 years ago and became a giant bitter whiny bitch who went on to get his ass kicked by nobodies in the UFC.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Yes.

I mean I've never even seen him wrestle but apparently he
was a "big deal" back in the day so my answer is yes.

That being told, it won't happen. And if it does, I will eat crow and give Chad Gable a blowjob.
Careful Foxy Man...you wouldn't want a restraining
order sent to you in the mail. I've been there before.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Even if he was down to come back to wrestling, the real question would be whether the cost to get him to come back would make enough of an impact to pull a significant return of investment, because otherwise what's the point? Personally I say no, it wouldn't be, because how many new fans does it actually bring over other than the initial show where people may tune in out of curiosity or nostalgia. At this point what is Punk's name even worth? He left WWE 5 years ago and became a giant bitter whiny bitch who went on to get his ass kicked by nobodies in the UFC.

I am biased because I am a Punk fan. But actually, as much as I love the guy, I took delight in him getting his ass kicked in UFC. He needed that humility lesson. But regardless, right now he is the number one asset that anyone can go for. He has not wrestled in over five years and his entire character was very anti-WWE. If I were the Khan's, I would offer him more money than Khan would have risked to defeat Kirk.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Yes.

I mean I've never even seen him wrestle but apparently he
was a "big deal" back in the day so my answer is yes.

Careful Foxy Man...you wouldn't want a restraining
order sent to you in the mail. I've been there before.

Nah, men don't do restraining orders often. They are slaves to their dicks. If it feels good, they will so it.

But seriously, watch his match with Undertaker. The man knew what he was doing. Honestly, after Flair and Jarrett and Piper, he's the most talented in years.

Reactions: Grievous 3D