Would Christian Screw Edge at WM?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dr. Evo

Reaction score
It's an interesting caption because although I know they are on different brands the supplemental draft happens a few weeks after. So I was thinking as Edge has got the upperhand on Jericho every single time by spearing him week in week out, would Edge end up winning the title so easily?

There has to be some sort of interruption and I was thinking as Christian is Edge's "brother" the jealousy factor may set in and cause a big rift between the two since neither have actually come into proper contact with each other since Christian returned to WWE. He had a long reign as ECW champ but Edge has had long successful world and WWE title reigns so this might ignite a great rivalry between the two.

Thoughts?

EnterTamed

Reaction score
Or the logical thinking of Christian winning MITB and cashing it in seems much more likely

noumenon

a) Christian hasn't been played off as Edge's "brother" since the earliest days of the Brood.
b) Why would he cost Edge the title? The two have had zero interaction aside from a 10 second backstage promo (months ago) since Christian has been back. It would make no sense... and not benefit Christian at all.

As Tamed said, the more likely situation would be the instant cash in on either Edge or Jericho. At this point Christian seems like a pretty solid lock to win MITB. Aside from the long shot pick of MVP, I'd say we'll be seeing Christian walking out with the briefcase.
This year does seem like the perfect opportunity to use an instant cash in. It's never been done before, and with the actual MITB PPV on the card this year I really don't see the point of having someone hold the briefcase all that long. Unless, MITB PPV is the place we'll see the person cash in said contract, I think we'll see an instant cash in this year.
However, I think the more likely thing would see Christian cashing in on Jericho rather than Edge. Edge has been dominating Jericho so badly these past few weeks I really can't see him winning the match, and if he does... it'll simply be a joke. I'm also still under the train of though that I really don't want to see Edge and Christian have ANY interaction until there is something worth it for them to do as a tag team. I know some people think that they're going to go the feud route with them, but think about it... would WWE really let the money in merchandising between and E&C reunion slip through their fingers? Don't think so.

xtremebadass

Well I wouldn't put anything past WWE. If Christian, or whoever, wins MITB they need to cash it in ASAP because the MITB PPV is coming up. I would love to assume a Mania cash in, but it's too hard to say.

Great One

God, if Christian cashed in on Jericho and won I'd cry like a girl (in happiness).

DazRko

Reaction score
I can see edge and Jericho having a double count out or dq and christian comes out and takes them both out and pins Jericho whilst edge watches.

xFrenchKissx

Reaction score
I actually thought about if I would mind seeing Christian win $ITB ( It's gonna happen, damnit!) and then cash in on Edge of he happened to win his match over Jericho.

Now, I wouldn't mind it, despite what I may have said before and here is under what conditions.

I've pretty much accepted the match WILL happen at some point, but it can't happen now. For it to happen NOW

- Christian would have to have a credible reason for turning heel, which he doesn't.

- Edge could make a 180 degree heel turn if he lost his match with Jericho, but that would make the reason for Christian challenging him with the briefcase null and void.

- Christian is the fresh face on Raw right now, so I don't think the time is right to turn him heel, and they are pushing Edge down our throats as face too much right now to even consider that they would turn him so soon.

- WWE would actually have to do the right thing and have Christian win the $ITB match in the first place, and we all know that the WWE has a love for the swerve that makes no sense at all.

- Bottom line: Meaning that WWE will figure there is more money to be had by teaming them up together then there would be of pitting them against each other.

DazRko

Reaction score
We could have a shocker and mvp wins it cashes it in on cena and loses. Turning MVP heel and a good program with cena.

Reaction score
Well I remember after Edge won the RR Christian said he was offended that Edge didnt even consider challenging Christian for the ECW title so there is some heat there already and if Christian were to win MITB he could cash it in on Edge as payback but like many of you said it would make more sense for Jericho to beat Edge and then Christian cash it in on Jericho.

sir alan

Reaction score
Id rather see edge beat jericho and then have christian cash in and beat edge. Its about time christian hit the main events in wwe now ecw crap is done and dusted. Or christian could run out with gangrel and help edge, thus reuniting the brood! But i doubt that will happen!

Jaybsty

Reaction score
Edge winning and losing it to Christian on the same night after a MITB win would suck. It's basically the same thing that just happened with Cena minus the money in the bank twist. Christian winning and cashing in on Jericho would be nice though. Catapaulting him to the main event on Smackdown while Edge moves on to Raw in a draft post WM.

Reaction score
I think the best scenario would be - Jericho defeats Edge in the Main Event, and Christian cashes in on Jericho. This way we can create an epic Jericho/Edge/Christian fued - interbranded sure, until the WWE Draft. Then, bring swap one of the three (preferably Jericho or Edge to RAW) so we can continue a 1V1 fued.

Christian deserves to be in the Main Event, even if it's for a single programme. I think they have the perfect match in place for it to happen - Jericho/Edge. All three guys would work so well together!