World of Horror: An End of the World MAFIA Game Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
i think the way claiming is mandatory here? the section should maybe move to plurality lynch but thats just imo

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Town shouldn’t be rewarded if they can’t hammer.

Imagine be scum and lynched when town couldn’t even agree you were scum. It would be the worst.

T-Pein™

Festive T-Pein™
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
JohnHunter4
i think the way claiming is mandatory here? the section should maybe move to plurality lynch but thats just imo

I think because they don't play role madness so they rely less on roles and more on claiming.

T-Pein™

Festive T-Pein™
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
JohnHunter4
shouldn't we have a cohost if we have day actions?
not a fan of this fake duel scenario.

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
phenom lethal necrco TFW and jeff probably town. rly cant tell much

abi maesro lucha and tpein probably scum of some sort

some legacy day 1 grain of salt reads from someone not reading half the day. lets see how many of them are right

Pendex

Reaction score
im cooperating with town

not claiming is in towns favor
Book of Gabriel - Chapter 6, Verse 51: "What you need to recognize in this is that Mafia is a game of information. How that information is controlled is usually what seperates winning from losing. Town need to find who is trying to manipulate information to mislead them, and Scum need to manipulate information in a way that makes it hard for the Town to recognize that the information is manipulated.

Claiming is just one of many sources of information. When the Town asks a player to claim, the risks in doing so are that it provides information to Scum as to who is what role, and who needs to be killing in the Night Phase. This is why claiming should be done in a restricted way, such as only a couple of players who are candidates for a Lynch each Day Phase. Reveal too much information too soon and the game becomes very hard for the Town. However, refusing to claim in the face of this does not save anything. If one refuses to claim, they will instead be lynched. A lynched Town role, is worse than a Town role that is exposed. Because the Town only have a finite amount of mislynches before they lose the game.

As Town, when asked to claim by a clear consensus, one should always oblige, for this very reason. If you happen to be a strong role, at the very least you will be forcing Scum to use resources to handle you, such as kills or roleblocks. If you refuse to claim because you worry you'll be exposing information to scum, then your role will be dead, which is a win for scum, it will be dead through them having not had to use any resources on achieving that, which is another win for Scum, and you would be a mislynch, which is yet another win for scum. Thus, refusing to claim in this context is play that is only helping Scum, and hurting Town. Phrased alternatively, you could say it is playing against the Town win-condition.

Understanding this concept is crucial to doing well in games that allow claiming, otherwise you will only be in for a frustrating time.
"

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
This constant fake duel talk is starting t sound like tmi.

:worried

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
" data-source="post: 2349348" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
shouldn't we have a cohost if we have day actions?
not a fan of this fake duel scenario.

I would have offered to cohost, but he wanted me to play.

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Town shouldn’t be rewarded if they can’t hammer.

Imagine be scum and lynched when town couldn’t even agree you were scum. It would be the worst.
they dont have to reach majority

plurality could be 1 vote less than the majroty. it allows for counter wagons and rewards vote tracking

town will still need to agree to lynch scum cuz scum can just make the 2nd wagon large so yea ur still rewarded

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ

T-Pein™

Festive T-Pein™
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Favorite Sports Team
JohnHunter4
This constant fake duel talk is starting t sound like tmi.

:worried

Yes I have TOO MUCH INFORMATION on how these duels are carried out.
Host makes an announcement.
until I see it I will not believe it.
I want host to tell him.
You action was not processed since the phase ended.

Lethal

Tiffy Time
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
fnexxBT
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Sports Team
lJlFfto
Favorite Sports Team
pxAmCgn
Favorite Sports Team
detroitlions
Favorite Sports Team
LMoHyDQ
Yes I have TOO MUCH INFORMATION on how these duels are carried out.
Host makes an announcement.
until I see it I will not believe it.
I want host to tell him.
You action was not processed since the phase ended.

The duel was triggered before the phase ended though.

Ekkologix

Blood Moon
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Book of Gabriel - Chapter 6, Verse 51: "What you need to recognize in this is that Mafia is a game of information. How that information is controlled is usually what seperates winning from losing. Town need to find who is trying to manipulate information to mislead them, and Scum need to manipulate information in a way that makes it hard for the Town to recognize that the information is manipulated.

Claiming is just one of many sources of information. When the Town asks a player to claim, the risks in doing so are that it provides information to Scum as to who is what role, and who needs to be killing in the Night Phase. This is why claiming should be done in a restricted way, such as only a couple of players who are candidates for a Lynch each Day Phase. Reveal too much information too soon and the game becomes very hard for the Town. However, refusing to claim in the face of this does not save anything. If one refuses to claim, they will instead be lynched. A lynched Town role, is worse than a Town role that is exposed. Because the Town only have a finite amount of mislynches before they lose the game.

As Town, when asked to claim by a clear consensus, one should always oblige, for this very reason. If you happen to be a strong role, at the very least you will be forcing Scum to use resources to handle you, such as kills or roleblocks. If you refuse to claim because you worry you'll be exposing information to scum, then your role will be dead, which is a win for scum, it will be dead through them having not had to use any resources on achieving that, which is another win for Scum, and you would be a mislynch, which is yet another win for scum. Thus, refusing to claim in this context is play that is only helping Scum, and hurting Town. Phrased alternatively, you could say it is playing against the Town win-condition.

Understanding this concept is crucial to doing well in games that allow claiming, otherwise you will only be in for a frustrating time.
"
hey how about u answer this tho

why am i a wagon and not u or anyone else?

why am i being asked to claim and not any of u?

do u see where the problem is? its not about claiming only its about what got town to the point of asking me to claim.

i dont see anything in my play leading to that so in not gna rly claim for no reason. i simply think no lynch is better than this duel.

u say dead town role is worst than claimed role. yea ofc. but a living mysterious town role is better than living claimed role

im not planning to die. ill defend myself as much as i can without claiming. i dont actually see a proper case on me nor a reason why i am being asked to claim other than duellist being trigger happer so yea its not rly something in my control here

• Wow
Reactions: T-Pein™