WON: backstage issues with TNA?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
Would need a confirmation from someone with an actual WON sub but summarised:

- several key backstage figures are gone including RD Evans (key member of creative)
- there is nothing planned internally for TNA past the tapings on August 2/3
- the timing of the announcement of TNA/WWE collaboration is "interesting" per Dave

Please don't be hinting what I think this is :worried

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
There is a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes that just started to break. Robert Evans, who was one of the key guys on the creative tam, resigned this past week. Other key people have been let go as well There is nothing on the schedule past 8/2 and 8/3 tapings in Tampa

. The company shut down its Ultimate Insiders YouTube service. It was a $4.99 per month plan. They said they are shutting it down because they can’t deliver a premium experiences though a YouTube owned product. They will be keeping their 99 cents per month plan. They are instead pushing people to join TNA+, which has the entire historical PPV library, all the monthly live specials, current Impact shows and all the Impact shows of the past. They also said that if you sign up for the TNA+ World Champion annual plan they will give people the next two PPV shows free. They also said this summer they will be adding new things to TNA+ and were also offering a two-month trial of TNA+ at the $4.99 per month price they were paying for the YouTube service they are shutting down

What would appear to be close to final Rebellion PPV numbers would be about 3,600 television buys and a rough estimate of 12,000 total. It would be down 83.8 percent from the ridiculously high Hard to Kill number

The 6/6 TV show is being pushed as the 20th anniversary Impact show. Jordynne Grace vs. Allysin Kay will headline for the Knockouts title, plus they’ll have the match where AJ Francis beat Laredo Kid for the Digital Media title, Mike Bailey & Trent Seven vs. Mustafa Ali & Champagne Singh and Jake Something vs. Kon.

This is the TNA section, the NXT bit must have been in the NXT section or something but I can't find it rn

Death By Looch

Peace, Love & Fuck You
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Is creative really just down to Dreamer and Delirious at this point? Just Dreamer even? Frightening

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Not the stuff I wanna hear with our TNA. Let's all hold hands and pray that we get some new Creative people who know what they are doing in there like stat!

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
PWInsider also reported that Dave Sahadi is gone after being laid off. Sahadi was the company’s creative director starting in 2019 and also worked for the prior TNA ownership for 18 years as their director of broadcasts. Sahadi also worked as creative director for WWE in his past.

It’s unknown as of now who is taking over as the lead of creative and how those spots will be filled.

The outlet also reported other layoffs in the live events group as part of restructuring efforts, but no specific names were attached, nor a succession plan.

Fwiw this doesn't mean there's no succession plan, it just means PWInsider wasn't told it, a chance they found out the layoffs from the laid off people who wouldn't know

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
This is nuts. So basically there is definitely a new regime taking place. The prior hope that creative would mostly still consist of the previous people without Scott is kinda gone. Wild to hear Sahadi was with TNA for most its run. Even Dixie years.

I didn't know much about what RD Evans did, but sounds like he might have been the one people attribute the good Scott years to or we just don't trust Dreamer and Delirious? :hayden3

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
You know, I think they should add a $4.99 tier option to TNA Plus that locks the classic content, but gives you the weekly impact live when it airs and the monthly Plus PLEs.

Also, if they add that option, the other tiers should also get live Impact. Then everyone can watch Impact together at 8 (or 8:30).

Reactions: Storm Trooper

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
This is nuts. So basically there is definitely a new regime taking place. The prior hope that creative would mostly still consist of the previous people without Scott is kinda gone. Wild to hear Sahadi was with TNA for most its run. Even Dixie years.

I didn't know much about what RD Evans did, but sounds like he might have been the one people attribute the good Scott years to or we just don't trust Dreamer and Delirious? :hayden3

Their best years were a committee of Scott, Evans, Jimmy Jacobs and Dreamer. Delirious basically replaced Jacobs when he left and now Scott and Evans are gone. I don't know who to attribute any positives or negatives too but I know the committee being done doesn't sound like good news to me

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Are people taking this as the major negative instead of the creative shakeup? BFG will definitely be happening in October, I don't imagine we get a location until Spammy, that's normal yeah.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Their best years were a committee of Scott, Evans, Jimmy Jacobs and Dreamer. Delirious basically replaced Jacobs when he left and now Scott and Evans are gone. I don't know who to attribute any positives or negatives too but I know the committee being done doesn't sound like good news to me
Jacobs was always a creative mind so that could be quite a bit of it, tbh. I do think Delirious was fine most of the time booking ROH, but yeah, the committee is probably better than that duo unless they can replace them too with a single mind that is even better.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
They still have Lance Storm but he doesn't seem that interested in larger creative duties, he just wants to produce his matches

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Are people taking this as the major negative instead of the creative shakeup? BFG will definitely be happening in October, I don't imagine we get a location until Spammy, that's normal yeah.
People are assuming things based off a place like AEW needing to book venues at least two months in advance, but TNA doesn't need that much pre-planning.

This was basically how people knew WCW was done before it was announced. Nothing was booked past the Spring Break episode going into February.