William Regal Appreciation Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

noumenon

No DQ match.... I honestly see the power of the punch coming back into play. Honestly I think they've already managed to wear out this feud in the few short weeks it's been going on with these cop out fuckin matches. It's pretty much to the point already where it makes me wanna say..ok, just give Punk the fuckin title and be done with this shit.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I would like to see some sort of unclear finish next week in which the title is vacated due to the circumstances. From there a Best of Seven series for the title, culminating at WrestleMania where Punk finally gets the big win over Regal.

No, it'll be just as you said before. A count-out. They've been deliberately foreshadowing these things each week. During their first match, Cole mentioned almost near the begnning that the title couldn't change hands on a DQ and bam, DQ.

Last night early on in the match Cole mentioned Regal being careful of using the closed fist due to "referee's discretion", later in the match Punk appeared to catch Regal accidentaly in the nuts and the ref DQ'd him. And don't give me the ball shots are DQs argument either. They're not always called.

So Stephanie announces a No-DQ match. Given the pedantic nature of this feud thus far, it seems natural to say that since she didn't mention count-outs that they will be in full effect leading to yet another short match and eventually to what I imagine will be a cage match at some point.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Maybe I'm the only one, but I lost interest in it. It was a lot of hype (on the internet) about these two putting on great matches with each other, it got me really wanting to see them. But after the one this week and last week, I lost interest in it. And after what MS said, I actually see that happening next week when they meet.

Airfixx

Patience & faith, ya'll...

It's not like they're pulling all these screwy finnishes on PPVS and you're having to wait a month until the rematch and then... Booom.... Another DQ/CO or whatever.

Seriously, back in the 80's you'd sometimes wait months to see a fued 'pay-off' match. Would you rather no-name jobbers every week or (at least an attempt at) some more creative writing/storylines?

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I'm not complaining per say, but the blatant foreshadowing by Cole really annoys me. I know that I pretty much know what the ending is going to be anyway, but I don't need to have it thrown in my face every week I watch you know what I'm saying?

noumenon

And apparently it was Jericho wrestling Regal last night according to Cole...

On a more interesting note...Layla's little black dress last night...totally see through.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I'd rather they didn't have there matches for the title if they're going to keep giving finishes like that. It's not much of a build up to me, for when they actually have a good match with a clean finish, it's going to be big for whoever wins. Maybe its just me, but it's doing the exact opposite. It's drawing me away rather than pulling me into the feud/matches. Instead of "Aw man I hope _____ wins this time and gets/retains the title," it's "I wonder what screw job it's going to be this week" and eventually leading to I don't care anymore. And I hope that when they do have their actual real, no screw job match, that Punk doesn't win. It would make Regal look weak. All the talk about him bringing back prestiege or whatever to the title, only for him to lose his 1st real defense and lose the title. And by they way this is going, that's where it seems to go.

And it doesn't make since the way this serious is going. The 1st match ends in DQ, and Steph says the 1st title match of 09 will not end in a DQ when it does anyway. Instead of restarting, she makes a match for this week where if Regal DQ's he loses his title. Then this week there's still a DQ, and instead of restarting the match, there's another title match next week that's no DQ. With the reasoning that MS has stating, that also will end with some type of "screwy". Why give hype for a series of matches for them to end in the same way. Instead of giving a title match week after week ending in the same way. Just let the 1st one in the the DQ and have them in matches, maybe tag or something or agaisnt other people, leading up to the Rumble where the official rematch for the title happens. Rather than screw job finish for the title 2 weeks straight and quite possibly a 3rd week next week.

noumenon

Personally I think Regal should have got the win during the first match via brass knucks or a fucked up interference by Layla. Then use these weeks on the road to the Rumble to build the feud and have Punk seek his rematch.....get his rematch....rematch the Rumble....THE END.

Airfixx

I'm not complaining per say, but the blatant foreshadowing by Cole really annoys me. I know that I pretty much know what the ending is going to be anyway, but I don't need to have it thrown in my face every week I watch you know what I'm saying?

Absolutely... Cole is (often) a fuckin' pain in the arse like that.

noumenon

Cole is also the king of talking about shit that has NOTHING to do with the match during it. Which really takes away from what's going on in the ring.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Yeah WM 15 and it was during that show when he plugged an interview with the new world champion for after the show.