Will Mysterio or Cara Turn Heel?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
F4Wonline.com said:
- We noted earlier this week how WWE is planning on putting the Tag Team Titles on Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara so they can build to a WrestleMania 29 match between the two. In an update, there has been at least some talk of making Rey Mysterio the heel while Sin Cara works as the babyface. With that said, some believe it would be a very bad idea for Mysterio to turn heel.
No, no and just no. Rey is the last guy in the company who needs to turn heel and I see no reason for Cara to do it either. If they face each other at mania just make it face vs face.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Rey turning heel would be the equivalent of Jeff Hardy beating Bully Ray tonight. That being said, I had this same thought as soon as Rey and Cara teamed together for the first time, I even said something about it in the LWMW thread, I believe, about the Cody/Cara feud evolving into something with Rey/Cara. I said they'd team for a bit and then possibly a feud to come out of it.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
Sin Cara isn't over enough for a Mysterio heel turn to work. It'd be horrible. Face vs. face is much more sensible.

Chris Dresdon

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
In a lot of ways, turning Mysterio heel would hurt them in the same way they fear turning Cena will hurt them. He sells a lot of merchandise, is hugely over with the kids, and is responsible for a large part of WWE's Hispanic audience. I guess they're banking on Sin Cara's stock skyrocketing to make up for the loss brought about by a Rey turn. Not to mention, one thing that's key in making an effective heel is an effective face to play off of. Sin Cara's mic skills are non-existant, I'm not sure that he speaks English at all, and a feud, especially a Wrestlemania feud, needs to have talking. Plus, after the feud is over, then what do they do with heel Rey, turn him back just like that? It could work with him saying he was blinded by jealousy or something, but really, what's the point of turning for one feud?

Plus if they're going for the World Record, it'll be easier to achieve if both men are faces. Just have them face off in a friendly competition, just to prove who's better or so Rey knows he can still go or something, maybe acknowledge that he's missed last year's Mania due to injury and wants 29 to be something special. Either that or a tag team match and put the tag titles on them that night, since the plan seems to be putting the belts on the Primetime Players and giving them a fairly lengthy reign.

Bottom line, Rey shouldn't be turned heel, and Cara definitely shouldn't be turned heel.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Ugh.

Really wish they would just cut their losses with the guy and have everyone go over him on route to handing him his pink slip. Theres no money in a guy like that, doesn't speak English, has a niche style and is awkward and cringy to watch on his bad days.

AF.

Reaction score
Rey is the one wrestler in history who should never, ever be a heel. Sin Cara should turn on Rey. No way fans get behind Cara more than Rey in any scenario.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Neither of them should be heel. It's a shame WWE can no longer build a good old fashioned face vs face fued and the only time we will see it now, is when HHH faces taker for the 309093th time.

AF.

Reaction score
I actually think Sin Cara would make a great heel because so far he's sucked as a face. If he can get a manager to speak for him, and basically just attack Rey and disrespect the Mexican culture the guy would get over huge.

Pete

Reaction score
Actually, Rey going heel may work. Like I said in another topic, all they'd have to do was have him join up with Vickie. This would benefit both Rey and Dolph Ziggler, who could then take off on his own.

Last edited:

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Interesting question when was the last time Rey actually was heel? Pretty sure he has not been during his WWE run. Think the last time was about 99 in WCW when in was in that group Filfthy Animals?

If either it should be Cara switching but don't see any reason to do it right now and a feud between the two doesn't appeal to me much.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I can't see Rey Mysterio being accepted as a heel at all. Even if WWE try to turn him heel, which they won't, the fans won't accept it at all and will still cheer him. You just simply can't turn him heel as people don't want to boo him. The best way to book this would be a face versus face match. It can be about respect and it can be a passing of the torch match where Sin Cara wins. Absolutely no need for either of the two to turn heel especially since WWE want both to be huge merchandise sellers.

Last edited:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Maybe Mysterio is trying o see if he could actually do it.

He has never been a villain in his career and it would work against him in talks about his career. Steamboat suffers the same shit because he never worked heel.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I don't want to even witness this match. Why do so many people see something in Cara when all he has done since joining WWE has been a failure? Seriously in his best feud he got outshined by Hunico who was just supposed to put the Cara gimmick over. Instead Hunico gets shafted after being the better of the two in that feud.

Rey turning heel would be fun to watch but I don't think it would ever be a long term thing and I wouldn't do it with someone who has shown very little promise.