Will Christian be at the Royal Rumble?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Vaan1221

Reaction score
I have reason to believe, other than all the online wrestling Gossip, that Christian will be at the Royal Rumble to help Edge win Back the Belt from Jeff Hardy. Also to set up a storyline between Christain and Hardy, which may end up in a Edge and Christian vs. The Hardy's match in the near future, maybe around Backlash or farther out like Summerslam...
What do you guy's think?
Sound's good to me!

Axis

Hey, I have an idea. How about you not post anything that could spoiler future events for other posters? That would be fun.

MikeRaw

I think he will be at the Rumble, but instead of intertfering, I think he will WIN the ru,ble, as a surprise entrant.

Reaction score
I really hope he is at the Rumble. Smackdown needs him. Badly. They need Umaga too, IMO

Wordlife

^yes they do

I'm not very into the Rumble this year, no publicity as past years... I think it may suck, but I don't want to doubt it to much, considering its my favorite ppv of the year. I'm hoping for Orton or if he is in it, Christian to win it

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
Before everyone gets their hopes up, all that is confirmed is that he is not in TNA right now. There hasn't been a confirmed WWE signing or anything, just people reporting storyline ideas. That doesn't hold water as evidence.

PARANoIR

Reaction score
Nothing was confirmed when Jericho returned to the WWE. I don't expect to see Christian's signing announced on the website until after he returns.

Reaction score
I really hope he is at the Rumble. Smackdown needs him. Badly. They need Umaga too, IMO

I don't get this grave concern about the current Smackdown roster.

There are four wrestlers at Smackdown who generate enormous reactions and are the lifeblood of the brand.

At one end of the spectrum is the savage heel (Edge) accompanied by The Big Show, and at the other end is the beloved face (Jeff Hardy) accompanied by ... well, to balance the books we'll just say Matt Hardy.

Middle of the spectrum are the two powerhouse wrestlers who don't need any distinct gimmick because they ride on their legendary status alone: The Undertaker and Triple H.

Scatter Mr. Kennedy, Umaga, MVP, Vladimir Kozlov, Shelton Benjamin, Hurricane Helms into the gaps between neutral and face/heel, and the scene at Smackdown is fine.

If Christian Cage returned to Smackdown, he would need to be face IMO to balance out the roster. And according to reports (which I might add are all speculation and don't seem to be spoiler-worthy) he is becoming a heel.

I would prefer to see him at Raw.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
Nothing was confirmed when Jericho returned to the WWE. I don't expect to see Christian's signing announced on the website until after he returns.

So you're saying that since Jericho came back without a 100% confirmation that Christian will? All I'm saying is that Christian returning has no hard evidence to support it, so putting faith on it could lead to disappointment.

Airfixx

I have reason to believe, other than all the online wrestling Gossip, that Christian will be at the Royal Rumble to help Edge win Back the Belt from Jeff Hardy....

So what is this reason that you have to beleive this OTHER than gossip and rumour then?

Seventh Reason said:

There are four wrestlers at Smackdown who generate enormous reactions and are the lifeblood of the brand.

At one end of the spectrum is the savage heel (Edge) accompanied by The Big Show, and at the other end is the beloved face (Jeff Hardy) accompanied by ... well, to balance the books we'll just say Matt Hardy.

Middle of the spectrum are the two powerhouse wrestlers who don't need any distinct gimmick because they ride on their legendary status alone: The Undertaker and Triple H.

Scatter Mr. Kennedy, Umaga, MVP, Vladimir Kozlov, Shelton Benjamin, Hurricane Helms into the gaps between neutral and face/heel, and the scene at Smackdown is fine.

Totally agreed! :y:

TK.GFX

Reaction score

If Christian Cage returned to Smackdown, he would need to be face IMO to balance out the roster. And according to reports (which I might add are all speculation and don't seem to be spoiler-worthy) he is becoming a heel.

I would prefer to see him at Raw.

Agreed, I would say that Smackdown has a very strong roster right now.

noumenon

Agreed. As much as I would love a short lived but effective Hardys vs. Edge and Christian #2 I really don't think Christian needs to be thrown into the Smackdown mix right now.
If Christian comes in as a heel (which is what speculations are right now) than the obvious and only thing to do would be to pair him with Edge. We couldn't have Christian steeling Edge's spotlight as top heel on the brand.
If Christian comes in as a face, what then? Have him destroy all momentum they've built up with Hardy?

I really do want to see nice little part 2 of one of the greatest tag feuds of all time. However, I don't think Smackdown is the right place for Christian to call home for that long. Come draft time I think we should see him shipped out to RAW.

Another concern is....WOW, did Christian really gain that much steam over in TNA? When Christian left he was nothing more than a trantrum throwing mid carder who really couldn't get over. Upon returning from a few year stint in a company which WWE won't even acknowledge we're going to see him competing as a legit main eventer in WWE?

I'm sorry, I totally didn't answer the question..lol. I think he'll be at the Rumble, but not in it. If anything I see him interferring in Edge/Hardy...not participating in the Rumble itself.

Lord Magnus

Reaction score
He's either gonna help Edge win the title or be a surprise entrant. And all of that..."he shouldn't steal Edge's spotlight as heel" stuff? Vickie Guerreo is more over than Edge every single week. Christian would be a great addition to Smackdown and I always welcome him getting pushed over Edge...the way it ALWAYS should of been. When will Edge fans ever learn? That guy wouldn't be anything if not Matt Hardy and Lita.

kingovkings

Reaction score
Same here sorry to repeat whats been said. I also dont see anything wrong with the smackdown roster. IMO i think it's a pretty strong roster. I could see Christian introduced back into the wwe again by starting off in SD for a little stint with Edge/Hardy Feud. If the so called stories that a doing the rounds are true. And Christian is gonna turn out to be Jeff's attacker, Which is a good way to bring him back. But then he would be better off going to Raw so that 1 He is away from Edge to make it on his own instead of the whole E/C thing again. 2 if he is face it will kill Jeffs momentum and all the work that has gone into his push.

But to answer the question he me pop up in a run type thing but i dont think he will be in the rumble. I think Teddy D maybe a surprise entrant tho:y:

noumenon

^Let's not get carried away that Christian is so much better than Edge.
I will agree to one point though. Christian had much further developed into himself when he was cut from the WWE originally where as Edge was still struggling to find his right niche and gimmick. But this really isn't the thread to discuss that...

However... Now that both have really come into their own as singles competitors and we know both are amazing heels it's going to be a treat to see how they mesh now as a team once again.