Will Christian be at the Royal Rumble?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
He's either gonna help Edge win the title or be a surprise entrant. And all of that..."he shouldn't steal Edge's spotlight as heel" stuff? Vickie Guerreo is more over than Edge every single week. Christian would be a great addition to Smackdown and I always welcome him getting pushed over Edge...the way it ALWAYS should of been. When will Edge fans ever learn? That guy wouldn't be anything if not Matt Hardy and Lita.

Edge was a WWE title contender before he broke his neck in '03. Had that not happened, I would be willing to bet that he would have been champion at the latest the end of 2004. Oh and Edge had already won Money In The Bank before the Matt/Lita stuff, so he essentially had already won the title before then.

And Vickie is more over than Edge? Vickie gets heat because she is annoying. She is in the same category as Mike Adamle. No matter what they do in WWE they will probably be booed because they suck. edge's heat is gained through talent. If Edge were to turn face, the fans would love it. If Vickie turned face, the fans would go.....meh. Sure, they'd probably cheer because she's a face GM, but even Mike Adamle showed us that that's not a fail-safe position.

C4

And Vickie is more over than Edge? Vickie gets heat because she is annoying. She is in the same category as Mike Adamle. No matter what they do in WWE they will probably be booed because they suck. edge's heat is gained through talent. If Edge were to turn face, the fans would love it. If Vickie turned face, the fans would go.....meh. Sure, they'd probably cheer because she's a face GM, but even Mike Adamle showed us that that's not a fail-safe position.

Agreed. :y:

People need to understand the fact that Vickie Guerrero gets heat because she is annoying on-screen while Edge actually 'earns' heat through his talent.

Back to the original topic of this thread, Christian Cage will definitely show up at the Royal Rumble and he will definitely be a part of the Rumble match maybe as a surprise entrant as speculated by MikeRaw above, he might as well win the Royal Rumble to get the main event of WrestleMania which would be very exciting imo.

Airfixx

Chuck Zombie said:
If Edge were to turn face, the fans would love it....

Face Edge is extremely lame by comparrison and the fans never reacted anywhere near as much as they have on his heel runs.

(Particualr case in mind is his return which led to him beating Orton for the IC title.)

Edge was a WWE title contender before he broke his neck in '03. Had that not happened, I would be willing to bet that he would have been champion at the latest the end of 2004....

As for him being on the brink of being a world champion prior to his neck injury in 03...? ...Are you s-u-r-e?

A never-gonna-win UK PPV match against Lesnar aside, he was in tag teams or contending for midcard titles. Upon return, until MITB 05 the nearest he'd been to the ME (Since Rebellion 02) was being one of the 3 choices for the WHC match at Taboo Tuesday 04.

I call that 1 'low-prestige' ME match between the split of E&C in 01 and his first title win in 2006.... Hardly on the brink of being a world champ as you stated.

noumenon

Well stated about the Edge/Vicky heat dispute...lol.

But seriously. Obviously WWE saw something in Edge that they didn't see in Christian. I think that Christian has made his way up to a top tier heel level...but only by being literally handed a main event position upon his entry to TNA. Being in the spotlight allowed him to perfect his character. Edge had to reach that level by trial and error and floating around the mid card for years. He finally struck the nail on the head with his Rated R Superstar gimmick. And yes, his feud with Hardy did help him a lot. WHY? Because he gained heat off of fucking a guys girlfriend who was also in the bracket of guys who were floating around the mid card for years waiting to break out. It was just the thing that made people turn their heads and go "WOW, THIS SHIT IS GREAT!"
But yeah...I'm excited for Christians return too :)

Solid Stinger the Big Boss

Its heavily rumored that he'll be there. I'm sure WWE is noticing the buzz.

It could happen, I won't get my hopes up

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Agreed. :y:

People need to understand the fact that Vickie Guerrero gets heat because she is annoying on-screen while Edge actually 'earns' heat through his talent.

Back to the original topic of this thread, Christian Cage will definitely show up at the Royal Rumble and he will definitely be a part of the Rumble match maybe as a surprise entrant as speculated by MikeRaw above, he might as well win the Royal Rumble to get the main event of WrestleMania which would be very exciting imo.

Would WWE have him healine WM so soon though? This is the same guy that Vince himself was never really high on. He leaves, goes to TNA, gets over as hell, grabs a huge fan base, shoes he's a great mouthpiece, great headliner, can mainevent as both heel and face, thus Vince wanting him back. But would Vincent have him headline WM already, after not even debuting yet? Yes, they're the rumours going around about him coming into a program with Jeff, but headling, maineventing WM already, I don't think Vince would pull the trigger on that so soon. Yes he maybe at the Rumble, but participating in it and winning, I highly doubt it. If anything, if he does show up, it will be to screw Hardy out of the title, and start their two programs.

noumenon

Having him participate in the actual Rumble would make no sense at all. His participation is rumored to be the person who's been attacking Jeff for all this time, screwing him out of shots...ect ect. I've heard another storyline they'll be starting this week involving Jeff..which I won't say since it's still speculation. I'de say it's more likely we'll see a Hardys vs. Edge and Christian feud rather than an actual Jeff/Christian singles program.
Christian has definately elevated himself to a level where he can be highly successful in WWE with the right feuds and push. He's got a pretty damn strong fan base which I'm sure will carry over with him from TNA. It almost seems as if Christian's return right now is getting a bigger buzz than Y2J's. And if Y2J's level of success since returning after a break is any indication of the success Christian could attain I'de say things look pretty bright for him. Absence does after all make the heart grow stronger..lol.

Reaction score
I got to thinking after hearing "The Royal Rumble: The GOLDEN Opportunity" (I guess that's the tagline for the PPV) that there is a good chance Christian will win the Rumble.

Or..Shelton Benjamin wins it? He is "The Gold Standard" now..I doubt it, but you neeeever know?

Kizza

Still think he's with TNA personally. Not saying he won't return, I just don't buy into all the hype.

Sparky

Reaction score
Christian Returning would be Epic. i would love to see a Modern day E&C vs Modern day Hardy broz in a TLC match. It would be just like all times. Imagine the ME a TLC match where both of the Hardy's titles was on the line and the Winners take all leaving Edge with the WWE title and Christian with the ECW? that would be awesome.

Harlem_Heat

Reaction score
Christian's return will probably happen at No Way Out. He will probably screw Jeff Hardy out of an elimination chamber qualifing spot, ? Or something like that and it will begin a feud between them. The royal rumble is too soon. I don't see it happening at the ROyal Rumble.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Christian Returning would be Epic. i would love to see a Modern day E&C vs Modern day Hardy broz in a TLC match. It would be just like all times. Imagine the ME a TLC match where both of the Hardy's titles was on the line and the Winners take all leaving Edge with the WWE title and Christian with the ECW? that would be awesome.

The idea of the them reuniting and feuding with the Hardy's is great, just as long as it's not a long time feud. And E&C only team up/reunite every now-and-then. But the thing about that match stipulation, is why would Christian settle just for the ECW title? Christian is the one, asuming, that's trying to take out Jeff, so since he's trying to take out the WWE, don't you think he'd want the WWE title, that that Jeff has?

NinoBrown

Reaction score
If Christian returns, it will be big not matter what form it is. Whether its a run in or a backstage segment. He's proven in TNA that he could main event, hold a title and have a legit run with a title.

Christian was average in the ring but since the old days of E/C they've always had mic skills, face or heel. An E/C team up will happen within weeks of him returning but will Christian take Edge's spotlight? Fuck no. Christian has proven himself... with what TNA has to offer but this the WWE. It'll take a long time before that happens.

I always felt Edge and Christian were equals in mic skills and in-ring ability. But it was the character that made them such fan favourites, either we loved E&C or we hate E&C.

noumenon

^uuuhhh...huh??

Christian is definately no longer with TNA. Who the hell else could they possibly be intending these story lines for. A hit and run...hmmm...OMFG!!! IT'S RIKISHI AND HHH AGAIN! I know that they're trying to bring Christian back by gaining heat on possibly the biggest face in the company right now but I still don't know if it's going to work. I think people are going to be hyped on his comeback that they're going to go ape shit either way, much in the same way as Orton (supposedly the top heel on RAW) has been garnering more cheers than the faces.
No Way Out seems far too long to wait to bring him in... at that point there would only be one month to build anything towards Wrestlemania. I think at that point we'll already be well into an E&C/Hardys feud.
I think people are still unsure of his return because unlike Jericho, Christian really isn't out there in many media outlets allowing himself to be interviewed and questioned every day. I'm sure if he were everything would be more clear.