Why the eff Matt Riddle doesn't wear shoes?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AlphaMale

The Artiste
Reaction score
Does he wanna get injured like Rusev? Sorry to say but I can't take someone wrestling barefooted seriously. It is absolutely stupid

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
No idea. I see nothing wrong with it but I personally wouldn't wrestle like that... all the sweat, spit, and other grossness in the ring mat alone is enough reason to not want to do it.

AlphaMale

The Artiste
Reaction score
Waiting to see him getting ankle lock or the calf crusher. Even Rusev and Asuka used to wrestle barefoot until they were brought back to earth after getting injuries

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
Asuka wrestled barefoot?

That sounds pretty good to me...

*Goes searching for some footage*
Now I don't want to argue, but really I'm a creep lmao

• Haha
Reactions: Grievous 3D

<123>

Jobber
Reaction score
I think it may be something to do with his MMA background - they fight barefoot.
In pro wrestling, I think shoes or boots are better.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
It is a nod to his days in MMA. I mean, if I wrestled, I'd wear boots or shoes in the ring, but it is a part of his character other than being a pot-head and since he can't do that in WWE, he needs to keep SOMETHING, bro.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
Yes, Asuka did wrestle barefoot in Japan. She put shoes on when she went to NXT

Matt Riddle had an MMA Pothead gimmick mix, which is why he still used MMA gear. Eventually it just stuck. Should he wear shoes? I think so, but it doesn't bother me much

Crash

Reaction score
Rusev used to wrestle barefoot too (with black tapes) and once he got injured he started to wear the boots ever since, I think the same thing will happen to Riddle. This wrestling is not MMA, you put wrestling boots on for a reason.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Even if he does begin to wear shoes or boots they will thin soled like Rusev, Asuka, Ishii, and Suzuki wear.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Does he wanna get injured like Rusev? Sorry to say but I can't take someone wrestling barefooted seriously. It is absolutely stupid

Yokozuna, the Rikishi and Samu and Afa and Sika of the Wild Somoans , Kamala, possibly the baddest man in the history of wrestling Haku, Jimmy Snuka and the legendary Kevin Von Erich.

It's nothing new and I have never heard of a single one of those guys getting their feet injured.

Honestly, I would love to see the guy who decides to go up to Haku and tell him he was stupid for wrestling barefoot.