Why ROH Will Never Be Able To Compete With WWE Or TNA!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John

First they need to get a financial backer and a tv deal. but before they even think about a tv deal they need to estblish there own brand of wrestlers, not use TNA superstars all the time. they use TNA superstars in there main event and its annoys me to see a star from a different company in the main event for another company. they also need to have regular shows instead of three one week, none the next. Roh need a backer and to get there own Roster. then they may be able to compete with the big brands.

Soulpower

they use TNA superstars in there main event

lol, wut? There is no TNA talent in ROH. There used to be, but guys like Samoa Joe, Homicide and Christopher Daniels were BIG names in ROH before people even knew about TNA. If anything, its TNA that has taken ROH talent and try to make them into their own.

The current crop of main eventers include: Bryan Danielson, Nigel McGuiness, Austin Aries (Who also started in ROH then went to TNA) Chris Hero, Tyler Black, none of these guys have worked for TNA except for maybe a squash match before TNA even had a tv deal.

Basically, ROH's roster is one of a kind, and it is definitely NOT taken from TNA.

McLovin

Reaction score
TSS do you even WATCH ROH?
Or did you just post something to increase your post count so you can get ever quicker to creating a 750 posts Thread?

John

TSS do you even WATCH ROH?
Or did you just post something to increase your post count so you can get ever quicker to creating a 750 posts Thread?

i did like a week ago on british television but it must have been a previous episode. sorry SP and Alex two words and they aint hello alex.

Soulpower

^^^ That happens. The episodes that air in Canada and the UK are usually from the 04 to 06 era. The rosters have changed a bit since then.

Montana

Here comes the boom....

First they need to get a financial backer and a tv deal.

Why does ROH NEED a tv deal? They don't need to grow faster than they can handle. If you ask me, they are doing pretty damn sucessful just selling DVDs. Look on Ebay, their average show sells for about 10 used. Some even go in the 20-30$ range. Financial backing would be nice, but whats wrong with just selling dvds. Just because you have to pay a little more for a better product? Quit being cheap.

but before they even think about a tv deal they need to estblish there own brand of wrestlers, not use TNA superstars all the time. they use TNA superstars in there main event and its annoys me to see a star from a different company in the main event for another company. they also need to have regular shows instead of three one week, none the next. Roh need a backer and to get there own Roster. then they may be able to compete with the big brands.

Again, why do they need to compete? Look what happened to ECW and WCW. They had tv and financail backing and now they are dead. And as far as im concerned, ROH will long live TNA. TNA doesnt even charge entrance to their shows. They dont travel. They can't be making that much money to afford angle, cage, booker, sting, and so on. Look at house shows, ROH can draw a same sized crowd in most markets than tna.

jaydawg30

Reaction score
they are starting out like ecw did. build up cult fan base, then move on to tv, etc. hell, they're already doin ppv's!

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

ROH seems fine being a wrestling company that puts emphasis on wrestling, they don't want to compete with WWE or TNA.

This is the thing that annoys me. People don't watch ROH properly, they just assume that ROH is trying to compete with WWE or TNA.

C4

Actually TNA takes stars from ROH as part of their 5 year deal. Of course ROH won't compete with the WWE and TNA but it's unique and something different and that's what makes it so special, I wouldn't want it to go out and get a Television deal or compete; it's unique in it's way, and that makes it better than others.

John

Here comes the boom....

First they need to get a financial backer and a tv deal.

Why does ROH NEED a tv deal? They don't need to grow faster than they can handle. If you ask me, they are doing pretty damn sucessful just selling DVDs. Look on Ebay, their average show sells for about 10 used. Some even go in the 20-30$ range. Financial backing would be nice, but whats wrong with just selling dvds. Just because you have to pay a little more for a better product? Quit being cheap.

but before they even think about a tv deal they need to estblish there own brand of wrestlers, not use TNA superstars all the time. they use TNA superstars in there main event and its annoys me to see a star from a different company in the main event for another company. they also need to have regular shows instead of three one week, none the next. Roh need a backer and to get there own Roster. then they may be able to compete with the big brands.

Again, why do they need to compete? Look what happened to ECW and WCW. They had tv and financail backing and now they are dead. And as far as im concerned, ROH will long live TNA. TNA doesnt even charge entrance to their shows. They dont travel. They can't be making that much money to afford angle, cage, booker, sting, and so on. Look at house shows, ROH can draw a same sized crowd in most markets than tna.

Because if they dont then they'll lose out and be eaten alive by WWE and TNA. i have found some ROH videos of recent and i have watched them anf i liked what i saw. i'll be going back to that site more often.

Reaction score
Well they may not have the money or the tv show. But they certanily have the talent to compete!:music_whistling:

Haze187

Reaction score
They would end up like TNA if they did...good wrestling + mainstream will never work.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
I think ROH does have the forces to compete with TNA, they started around the same time, but one thing separates them. Money. TNA is really lucky with all the money they had, because if they started as an independent, they wouldn't be open now. As soon as TNA opened, they had the weekly PPV's to get a bigger audience, and they could buy the bigger names to get their attention. Meanwhile, ROH was just an indy promotion that was showing that they could be great in the future years.

Then in 2004 ROH got hit with the Feinstein thing and TNA took their top guys. TNA got on TV and ROH barely made money because of this. But ROH came back strong in 2004 and 2005, but still couldn't get any big names familiar to American fans. And just last year, TNA locked away the ROH guys that were working for both promotions, and that screwed them over again.

What I want to show is that TNA is still in business because of all the money they had, and if ROH was in their place they could be more successful. ROH always got screwed over by something, and didn't have as much money, AKA firepower to compete with TNA. I think TNA was great in their early years, but now they've gone to crap with such a big roster with several 6 figure contracts, while making a little profit. ROH could be more financially safe than TNA right now, but it could be soon that we see the two actually compete.

Montana

Im pretty sure ROH pulls in greater profits than TNA, at least a year or two ago they did.

EnterTamed

Reaction score
how did tna screw ROH by locking away their wrestlers? they never said they couldnt do ROH shows they just cant appear on dvd's or ppv's, which seems very reasonable since the guys in TNA are under contract. ROH might sell some more ppv's or dvd's by having TNA names on their product(even though the average wretling fan doesnt know about roh, or tna probably) and that would give them more money and where would tna profit from this? just letting their talent wrestle for another company and not get anything in return, im not trying to sound like a tna mark but from a business standpoint tna had to do what they had to do. dont make it sound like roh got screwed by tna, i would say the wrestlers that went to tna screwed roh more than tna did.