Why ROH Will Never Be Able To Compete With WWE Or TNA!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CT Styles

Eventually TNA will probably buy ROH imo. I don't watch it or anything, because I don't get it here in Aus but judging by some of the comments TNA should buy ROH and put some of their talent on TNA and get rid of blueberries like Curry Man and Shark Boy.

Montana

I think the reason why people say the word "Steal" is because most all of TNA stars were in ROH first. Before they had contracts. TNA comes around and says wrestle for us too and you can still work in ROH. So they go sign contracts with tna to get more exposure and money, and a year later when ROH grows TNA changes their mind. Thats why we say steal.

I never heard anyone say TNA would buy ROH. So at first thought im thinking no way in hell. As a company TNA doesnt really pull in big profits yet. From what i heard, they are starting to break even, which is great. On ROH's side, They've been making profits for a while now, but no financial backing. And for people to think ROH is unsucessful because its not on television in not the case. They want to get their name out their MORE before they go to television. As far as subpar ppv buys, i think thats because ROH fans are used to buying the dvd. Why buy the taped ppv, then the dvd a few later? Anyways, its a slow process for ROH, and impretty sure they are NOT looking to sell the company.

Christian

Reaction score
Eventually TNA will probably buy ROH imo. I don't watch it or anything, because I don't get it here in Aus but judging by some of the comments TNA should buy ROH and put some of their talent on TNA and get rid of blueberries like Curry Man and Shark Boy.

Ok ok, I'll go with you on Shark Boy being a blueberry, but come on. Curryman? It's Christopher Daniels dude, who is a great wrestler.

Montana

LOL, Curryman is one of the guys they stole from ROH, and gave a dumb gimmick ala austin aries.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
LOL, Curryman is one of the guys they stole from ROH, and gave a dumb gimmick ala austin aries.

I actually liked the Austin Starr gimmick, because it was the only one that could've fit for him in TNA, and he showed some personality.

In another defense of ROH (I know) I really don't think TNA is even close to them in merchandise sales. I've never seen anyone with a TNA shirt in public before, but I've seen countless fans with ROH shirts anywhere. TNA could be going in the right direction now, but without selling stuff and having their impact tapings free (with only 2 or 3 medium sized house shows every other week), it doesn't look good for them. Now for a cheap plug, if any members in america have an FYE or DVD store near you, pick up Stars of Honor and Bloodstained Honor if you haven't seen ROH before.

phantomgerald

^^^I actually liked Aries' gimmick, him and Senshi(another ROH guy) put in some great matches during their feud. I think ROH would last long if they just continue what they are doing and keep this low profile and not try to compete. I don't see why they should. As long as they're turning in profits they're good.

And ROH stealing TNA guys? Please. TNA would be nowhere without ROH guys.

Montana

True, the austin starr gimmick wasnt that bad, but how they used it was horrible. They made it out to be this huge deal, and then did nothing after BFG 06.

Soulpower

Personally, I loved the Austin Starr gimmick. I like Aries, but usually his promos are to the point, dare I say, a bit boring. With Starr, his promos came across as more entertaining and more charismatic.

I will agree that TNA blew it with Starr. He was getting over, but TNA just didn't know what to do with him. Aries' personality didn't help much either.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
I actually got some respect from Aries' run in TNA last year. He didn't like where he was going, so he just said 'F it, I'm not doing this.' Nice to see that someone put TNA in their place.

EnterTamed

Reaction score
i dont think they should try to compete, and if they got a tv deal i believe it would have to be heavily edited and it just wouldnt feel the same, i have a few dvd's and it seems that you cant go 2 minutes without an f bomb from someone and the crowds chants would have to be edited somewhat, they would be forced to change things and i think that would take away from the show. I get PWO(pro wrestling ohio) on directTV, and i would like to be able to see stuff like that from ROH on tv, not a main cable network but available to watch on tv and not be changed. BTW does anyone else think johnny gargano is a future star?

Travis40

Okay, this is the reason. It's not very complicated.

ROH is known for their long, great matches?...right? All of the Joe/Punk matches were at least 45 minutes. ROH is into slow paced wrestling...their matches are like 20 minutes each. They need a TV deal to be big though...they have to start w/ a 1 hour deal like Impact...their matches will start to suck because they'll be 5 minutes becuase they'll be trying to fit everyone in on TV like TNA did. So ROH is doomed from the start.

Angryphilip2

Reaction score
uhh, ROH isn't meant to compete with WWE or TNA. they are fine as they are...actually they are better than WWE or TNA in their current state.

Montana

Okay, this is the reason. It's not very complicated.

ROH is known for their long, great matches?...right? All of the Joe/Punk matches were at least 45 minutes. ROH is into slow paced wrestling...their matches are like 20 minutes each. They need a TV deal to be big though...they have to start w/ a 1 hour deal like Impact...their matches will start to suck because they'll be 5 minutes becuase they'll be trying to fit everyone in on TV like TNA did. So ROH is doomed from the start.

I dont think ROH has done one match over 40 minutes in the past 18 months. Sure there is a 30-35 minute main event here and there. But as their PPVs show, they can put together short Television matches with their style, and still pull it off. Eye of the Storm is another excellent example of that. Great fun tournament, and i dont think one match on the show last over 20 minutes.

So ROH 2008 is different from ROH 2004/2005