Why Mark Henry is valuable to WWE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kaedon

Reaction score
Kane, Taker, Big Show, Batista, and Umaga.

Jaybsty

Reaction score
Show me a clip of Kane sellin a finisher better than Mark Henry. Honestly I think Kane is one of the worst at sellin a finisher.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
It's not just his selling though (refering to Mark Henry). He's a talent enhancement, that what he does and he does it well. Again, look at what he did with Matt. Their in-ring chemistry is great, they have good matches, and Henry (imo anyway) made the Matt's Twist of Fate look like and actual good finisher that would knock an opponent out for the three count. He helped him become credible to stay in the upper mid card/ME status. And with Matt begining to go into a program with Swagger, without even feuding or having a match with him, Henry has helped out Swagger as well by helping Matt.

Is he valuable, it would really depend on your defenition of valuable is. I think he does one of the best jobs of talent enhancement on the roster, with being a big man as well. But if he were to be released, now, I think it wouldn't be a big blow to the E, but there's so much more he could do to help them out. If they turn him into a jobber, then all his talent enhancement credibility it gone.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Show me a clip of Kane sellin a finisher better than Mark Henry. Honestly I think Kane is one of the worst at sellin a finisher.
Kane does two things phenominally better than Mezark and a lot of other people, frankly. One, he snaps his head back when he gets punched most of the time. He knows that even if your 9 month old babys hand hits your in the face, you will move your head back, even though it doesnt hurt. And the other thing is that he has some of the best facial expressions in the WWE. He portrays what is going on around him SO PERFECTLY. I think his facials are only matched by Edge actually, who makes the best pissed off or exasparated face.

C4

Khali > Henry :shifty:

What's there to quantify
? :smilewink:

As for the topic of this thread, I've never really examined Mark Henry's matches so closely. Therefore I don't really know how this guy sells his moves 'perfectly' and 'accurately' inside the ring.

On a side note, Mark Henry forms great coordination with anyone he wrestles, that's probably because of his unique fighting style which doesn't take up too much technicality and meditation. Mark Henry has had some decent matches in the past, his in-ring return storyline with MNM some years ago was put together very nicely and at the end of the day, the guy really proves to be valuable to the company.

BookerWSM

Reaction score
I have to say Mark Henry is a real good seller. I think Henry is overall a better wrestler then the Great Khali to. I'm a huge fan of Mark Henry and i hope he doesnt go back to jobbing. I think he should go to RAW or SD and fight in the main event division but i doubt that will happen =(

Reaction score
Mark Henry's had a paycheck for how many years now? What's he done in over ten years of employment? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING memorable. He's been given more chances than Test, and he still FAILS.

His strengths:
he can powerslam!
he can splash!
he can press slam!

Wait...can't like 9/10 guys on the roster do that as well? Umm.... ..... ....yeah they can! Why does he still have a job Vince, why? He is literally USELESS. 10+ years of forgettable matches can back up my claim.

seX-Power

Mark Henry's had a paycheck for how many years now? What's he done in over ten years of employment? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING memorable. He's been given more chances than Test, and he still FAILS.

His strengths:
he can powerslam!
he can splash!
he can press slam!

Wait...can't like 9/10 guys on the roster do that as well? Umm.... ..... ....yeah they can! Why does he still have a job Vince, why? He is literally USELESS. 10+ years of forgettable matches can back up my claim.

Right now he is the best heel on ECW and has the best mic skills on the brand.

He is one of the better big men in the WWE and is almost the best seller.

And when he puts over talent he makes them look stronger due to his size.

BookerWSM

Reaction score
Yes seX-Power I completely agree with you on everything you said.

Reaction score
Right now he is the best heel on ECW and has the best mic skills on the brand.

He is one of the better big men in the WWE and is almost the best seller.

And when he puts over talent he makes them look stronger due to his size.

That's his problem. He's so big and lethargic, he CAN'T SELL.. believably. The only thing that would realistically hurt him is repeated chair shots and finishers for 7 minutes. Face it, he's too damn big to wrestle. He always has been. Look, we all know and accept the busines as fake. But "sports entertainment" is supposed to keep up the illusion of reality, and in that illusion, Mark Henry doesn't fit the bill. He's pretty much immobile anyways.

seX-Power

That's his problem. He's so big and lethargic, he CAN'T SELL.. believably. The only thing that would realistically hurt him is repeated chair shots and finishers for 7 minutes. Face it, he's too damn big to wrestle. He always has been. Look, we all know and accept the busines as fake. But "sports entertainment" is supposed to keep up the illusion of reality, and in that illusion, Mark Henry doesn't fit the bill. He's pretty much immobile anyways.

He's surprisingly mobile for a big man actually.

And what do you mean sell believably? A hard right hand will hurt anyone regardless of size, and Mark is one of the best at making it look like it really does hurt. Your one basic argument is that Mark Henry is too big. Well the business needs big men and Mark is one of the better ones. He plays a very good heel and during his time as ECW Champion he showed us that he can capitalize on being given a chance, and that given the ball he can run with it. And if you want sports entertainment to keep up the illusion of reality, then it would make more sense to fire Rey Mysterio and similiar wrestlers as they would be the ones making wrestling look unrealistic.

Axis

Oh, so because he isn't SUPER KWIK~ and he doesn't do KEWL MOOOVEZ~ then he can't be a wrestler? A wrestler is one which tells a story. When Kurt Angle had to defend his title belt against the giant Mark Henry, that was a story. When Matt Hardy toppled the giant to win the ECW Championship, that was a story. He's not supposed to get knocked down by a dropkick from Evan Bourne. He's supposed to pick up Evan Bourne and fucking rape him all over the ring. See: Big Van Vader, Yokozuna, et al. Maybe you will understand me better like so:

You don't have to be quick, flashy, and tone to be a good wrestler.

Better?