Why Mark Henry is valuable to WWE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jaybsty

Reaction score
Because he can sell a move so well. He makes the twist of fate look so good everytime Matt Hardy drops him with it. Sure his finisher sucks balls but if there is another big man in WWE that can sell better than him I'd like to know who people think it is...

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

I thought it was going to be because he ate Vince's enemies.

If his head went anywhere near the mat for the Twist of Fate, I'd say he sold it well. Looked pretty awful this past week imo.

seX-Power

He did an awesome splash through the ropes in his match with Finlay at Armageddon, i'll give him that. Henry's pretty alrite I guess, and I excpet him to be drafted to Raw and compete for the World Hvt title at one stage.

Kizza

He was definitely a better ECW champion then I thought he would be. He's not the best big man around, but he certainly isn't the worst.

Rated-R Punk

Reaction score
I thought his poem about hornswoggle on the ecw before xmas when he was dressed as santa was gold! i used to really dislike henry but he has impressed me since moving to ecw and his reign as champ was solid. Like sex power says, expect him to move to raw and compete for the WHC at some point.

MikeRaw

Every wrestling sells moves. At least the ones who appear regularly.
Mark Henry is a solid heel, but he is not valuable in the slightest to wwe.
WWE would be a-ok without him.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Every wrestling sells moves. At least the ones who appear regularly.

You're obviously not familiar with a tag team known as The Briscoes.

Mark Henry is a solid heel, but he is not valuable in the slightest to wwe.
WWE would be a-ok without him.

One would argue that WWE would indeed be weaker without people like Mark Henry though. While they may still be OK, he does a solid job of putting talent over. Matt Hardy (lol, Matt) wouldn't be looking as strong as he does on ECW without having Henry put him over.

Kaedon

Reaction score
in a word, experience. He is there to get people over, plain and simple. He knows how to work, as a big man, he knows how to sell as a big man, and he can help elevate talent.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I'll have to agree with what THE BKB said, he may not be as valuable as you think, but he does his job well as being talent enhancement. Look at what he did with Matt. They're on again off again feud is actually doing quite well, and their ring chemistry is great. If Henry didn't help out Hardy, then how would it look if/when the strong up in comer Swagger feuds with and perhaps beat Hardy for the title. So although they haven't feuded or had a match, Henry actually has helped out Swagger as well by making Matt look good.

MikeRaw

You're obviously not familiar with a tag team known as The Briscoes.
Thats indy, it's completely different. Has nothing to do with wwe.

One would argue that WWE would indeed be weaker without people like Mark Henry though. While they may still be OK, he does a solid job of putting talent over. Matt Hardy (lol, Matt) wouldn't be looking as strong as he does on ECW without having Henry put him over.

What you just said is the definition of "solid heel"
Nothing spectacular, he just comes in, looks decent, wrestles decent, and is involved in decent storylines, but can easily be replaced by someone else to do the job.

Like I said, I like Henry, but "valuable to wwe" is stretching it a bit.

noumenon

Honestly, if Henry were to be released tomorrow it wouldn't really have any impact on WWE.
He's simply there because he's a solid worker and he's been there for so long. WWE has no reason to get rid of him. He does exactlly what he's supposed to do. Plays a decent big man heel and gets the younger talent over....the end.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
I actually like Mark Henry as a wrestler. He might be boring sometimes, but in the ring, he's one of the better guys in terms of psychology with his selling and targeting. He makes his opponents actually look like serious threats. I really hoped that he could've stayed on either SD or Raw, because he's way more interesting than every other big man in WWE, and he doesn't get stale once he loses. But bringing in Tony Atlas as his manager hurt him, IMO.

noumenon

I think Henry is in the right place right now. If he were ever to jump brands again I think the only place for him on a major show would be in the mid card possibly holding the US or IC title putting younger talents over in that position. But you see, there it is again, putting the younger guys over.
I honestly could not see Henry as a legit contender for the WWE or WHC.

Jaybsty

Reaction score
To open up discussion again. Does anyone think there is a big man in WWE at the moment who sells better than Henry. That was what I was keen to hear opionions on.