Why Kurt Angle SHOULD be the whole damn show

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

dstebbins

Reaction score
A lot of people criticize TNA for making Kurt Angle the whole f*ing show, but did it ever occur to you that he deserves to be the whole f*ing show?

Kurt Angle is probably the best active full-time wrestler in the world right now. Not only does he have a legit fighting background (being a gold medalist in freestyle wrestling), but he is the total package in professional wrestling as well; he can grapple, he can cut promos, he can tell a story, and he's quick as a hicup, especially when he's getting behind you for a German suplex. Even AJ Styles is more of a spot monkey than a storyteller. Kurt Angle can have a good match with almost anyone. Samoa Joe, "The Ravid Wolverine" Mr. Cold-Blooded Murder (Royal Rumble 2003, anyone?), hell, I'm sure he could probably carry Black Reign for a few minutes before people realized what was going on.

Kurt Angle is the main event, and if you disagree, that's your right, but it's just like saying gays choose to be gay: You're simply wrong, pal.

chessarmy

I don't think that people argue that Kurt Angle sucks at wrestling. Its just that lots of people think that he may not deserve to be World Champion. Personally, his TNA World Title run was fine, but I do think giving him all the Titles in TNA was going a little overboard, but that was a year ago now. What I'm trying to say is Kurt Angle is a great wrestler, but he isn't the best in the world and he doesn't need to be shoved down everyone's throats. I'm happy that he is out of the Title picture right now, and his feud with AJ Styles has been great

dstebbins

Reaction score
I don't think that people argue that Kurt Angle sucks at wrestling. Its just that lots of people think that he may not deserve to be World Champion. Personally, his TNA World Title run was fine, but I do think giving him all the Titles in TNA was going a little overboard, but that was a year ago now. What I'm trying to say is Kurt Angle is a great wrestler, but he isn't the best in the world and he doesn't need to be shoved down everyone's throats. I'm happy that he is out of the Title picture right now, and his feud with AJ Styles has been great

Dude, that's exactly what I just proved wrong. Kurt Angle is one of, if not the best all-around performer in the world. Think of it like World of Warcraft. Kurt Angle is as diverse as a druid, but as good at the little things as a pure class like warrior or priest is. He has the wrestling skills of Bret Hart, the mic skills of the Rock, the storytelling skills of Brian Danielson, and the heelish ability of Vince McMahon. He's the total package, like Christian Cage, only better. It's like God put him on this earth just to be a wrestler. How can you not deserve to be World Champion when you're that good?

Nikhil

Reaction score
I think the way he's being used now is fine. He doesn't need the title atm, and is being used much more moderately than before.

cmfunk

Reaction score
lol at the world of warcraft comments but besides that kurt is old now his body dying an all of us fan see that we dont want to remember the man for killing him self in the ring. besides the point that kurt WANTS to put over joe and styles before hes done. The other thing that sucks is every one think there has to be a title to make some look good. He doesnt need the belt he is above that now kurt should finsh off puting over styles at this point and be done with the ring.

Nikhil

Reaction score
Does anyone know how Kurt's neck is after that last injury?

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
rofl @ Druid.... :) Loving your comparison there

The Rated R CMStar

I agree with you there. Kurt Angle should be the entire show, but I'll give you a better reason why, HE'S OVER, and more importantly OVER IN THE MAINSTREAM, because you could say Samoa Joe and Styles are over, but if tomorrow WWE signed them and put them in the ring, half of the arena wouldn't know who they are.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
i do agree he my fav tna wreslter, but i hear hes hurting right now if they want to keep him at his best he need to take some time off from in ring wreslting, maybe comentate or backstage stuff or somebody manager but hes needs to lay low on the wreslting

dstebbins

Reaction score
I do agree he's my favorite TNA wrestler, but I hear he's hurting right now. If they want to keep him at his best he needs to take some time off from in-ring wrestling, maybe commentate or backstage stuff or somebody manager but he needs to lay low on the wrestling

Is it too much to ask for you to use proper English?

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Dude, no. Just no.

He is a comedy character. Comedy should not take up the whole show. Until he is serious, it is a no straight away. Number one guy should always be serious, unless you want your company to look like a bunch of complete dorks.

Besides, the biggest reason is that Angle is clearly wrecked physically. He is in constant pain backstage, and is a physical wreck. So why in the hell would you centre the show around a guy who could be gone at any time, who could break his neck at any time. That is just setting the company up for a fall, because suddenly with Angle gone, ratings would plummet, and TNA would die.

Him being a great wrestler is complete irrelevant. This isn't about one man being a good wrestler, this is about making a company succeed. And if you were in charge, I assure you TNA would die.

KroniK 4-2-0

Reaction score
I love TNA, I support them in everything they do. But, I don't think Angle should be the entire show. It went down a bit since he lost the Title, which is good. Angle should get TV Time, cause he is the hardest worker in Wrestling, but not the entire show.

KenFan4life

Reaction score
Kind've sounds like dstebbins has a total fanboy-man crush on Kurt Angle...
But No-problem with that...cause I've got a total fanboy-markout-man crush on Mr.Kennedy....
so if he/she don't dare to diss my fav-wrestler in the world, then I won't diss his/her's...(ya-heard?!)anyways...Kurt Angle = Best Technical Wrestler in the World(ever?)
yes...probably...
but it doesn't matter if your the worst or the best wrestler in the world, cause if you're being "over"exposed on any promotion's shows, then expect some if not all the fans to turn on you...thats what happened to John Cena...
he had everyone sticking to his dick like a used condom way back in 05, even thou he kind've lacked some ring-generalship back then, the fans still somewhat loved him....til he started hogging up all the segments on RAW, then the fans began turning on him...
that kind've thing can happen to any wrestler, wether their good or not...
I don't think any "One" man should be the whole damn show...I like Angle...but if its just him in nearly every segment then I'm gonna probably find him a bit stale as a character and such....kind've an over-kill affect...but that was around in 07-early08 were the show seemed centered around him...now Impact is more focused on the rest of the roster and other feuds and such...
noones really "hoggin" up anything at the moment...and with Samoa Joe around, I think they should try and keep Angle around in the upper-midcard area to put over younger talent and such....
since it kind've seems like his body is starting to give-out and all...i dunno.

Reaction score
kurt angle isnt one of my favourite wrestlers. he is a good preformer who works hard. but he is getting too old now that when he makes one high move he breaks something. it is time he has a rest out of wrestling and comes back in a year or two. he needs to give his body a rest.