Why is Scott Hall a drunk (or a mess)?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AF.

Reaction score
He was a very talented, successful wrestler. What went wrong? Why is he the way he is now? I can understand a slight depression in the sense that when an athlete or an entertainer retires, they are depressed about how they used to be in the spotlight etc.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
It's all about his personality and his will to be something. There are many wrestlers who had their ups and downs with alcohol and drugs. Just take HBK. He was into drugs as well but he put the shit away and now he's a Hall Of Famer and will go down in history as one of the best performers of all time. Why Scott Hall couldn't do so? Because he's simply not strong enough to do it. There is no excuse. He's a mess which is a big shame because he was one hell of a performer back in time and one day should be inducted into the HoF but we all know that won't happen until he gets his shit together.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
Have you guys seen the ESPN special thing on him??? It's absolutely no excuse but the guy has been through a TON of shit in his life.... Even though it was self defense I'd imagine taking the life of another person can weigh quite heavily on his brain.... again it's no excuse for the position he has put himself in but I think I'll find myself feeling a bit sorry for the guy no matter how far his troubles go...

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
There is no definite answer unless we know him personally, which I highly doubt any of us do. Could very well be for the reasons stated above. But could be for something entirely different. I won't jump to conclusions, but I certainly hope with this DDP thing, he gets better. Real shame what has happened to him.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
I just hope the guy gets help. So many of my childhood wrestling idols are dead. There's been so many....

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Why do people smoke pot? Why do they O.D. on Cocaine? Why do people get bad acne? Why do people get fat? Why are some people bald?

These are supposedly all similar. Some say it's a "disease". Some say it's hereditary. Some say it's just the weak willed. But everyone agrees once it starts it's incredibly hard to stop. His continual attempts at rehab prove he doesn't want to do it he tries. But it's all to easy to grab that bottle and make the pain go away even if temporarily.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Even if we knew what was going on in Hall's mind, it would still take a psychiatrist to actually answer the question. But the best way to examine his situation would be by, at the very least, not judging the poor fuck for his mistakes. People fall into depression and alcoholism for a multitude of reasons, usually more than one. Simply chalking it up to an irredeemably weak will and pointing to people "better" than him will not encourage him to put the bottle down.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
He started in the 80's when cocaine, hookers and steroids was breakfast of champions, he didn't stand a chance.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
He was a boy, who made grown man decisions and has paid the price ever since.

He was always like this, just read a book or watch shoot interviews. He had an ESPN special, where he was trying to portray patron saint of substance abuse inpro-wrestling. He is not a victim, he made his bed and won't get out of it.

Addiction is a bullshit crutch that weak willed people use......Get off your crutch bitch, you can walk just fine.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
Addiction is a bullshit crutch that weak willed people use......Get off your crutch bitch, you can walk just fine.

I agree. You should stop acting like a blueberry and get off your crutch.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I agree. You should stop acting like a blueberry and get off your crutch.

This coming from a noobtroll who doesn't have the intelligence to back up anything he says....I find very amusing.

Isn't this the tea kettle calling the pot a nigra amiryt? I hope you wear your helmet when you go outside.