Why I think Daniel Bryan VS CM Punk is a last minute filler.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
Thewindyfan said:
okay then i got you duckbomb.

NO!
604dbd984f80b875b2429d9feab6d4fb.png

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
I don't know that the end of the Jericho-Show match was a botch as they came back from commercial and "fixed" it.

I think the Punk-Bryan match at Raw a couple of months ago that went to a double-pin, followed by the back-and-forth they had over Raw and Smackdown (and during which both men got great crowd reactions in-ring) made the point that a Punk-Bryan feud (even if it ends up being a min-feud) could work very well and be profitable for the WWE.

Face champs carrying the belt get stale. That's the way of things most of the time. Fans get tired of overbearing faces that always win (see: Hogan, Hulk; Cena, John). Human beings get tired of constant success and want adversity (see: Eden, Garden of) because winning all the time is boring. I can easily see Bryan going over Punk for the WWE Championship at OTL, just to have Punk chase the belt and win it back in time to be challenged for it at SummerSlam by Brock Lesnar. I think it makes the story more interesting (and remember, it is a story, not an actual competition) and it would make for some great matches, plus it boosts Bryan's profile (by cementing him even more as a credible threat to win the title from anyone) and it gives Punk something fresh to do (rather than just being pseudo-snarky, or "as snarky as we'll allow a face to be", whichever you prefer).

wk

Donald Trump_

WWEF Forums Sickest Member
Reaction score
Of course it's a filler until Brock/Punk gets rolling. But it's a filler with lots of potential. WWE can make this feud hotter than Lesnar/Punk if they actually tried.