Why Does Hollywood Keep Giving Eddie Murphy Work?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
2013 Triplets
2013 Hong Kong Phooey (pre-production)
2013 Beverly Hills Cop (TV movie)
2012/I A Thousand Words
2011 Tower Heist
2010 Shrek Forever After
2009 Imagine That
2008 Meet Dave
2007 Shrek the Third
2007 Norbit
2006 Dreamgirls
2004 Shrek 2
2003 The Haunted Mansion
2003 Daddy Day Care
2002 I Spy
2002 The Adventures of Pluto Nash
2002 Showtime
2001 Dr. Dolittle 2
2001 Shrek
2000 Nutty Professor II: The Klumps
1999 Bowfinger
1999/I Life
1998 Holy Man
1998 Doctor Dolittle
1998 Mulan
1997 Metro
1996 The Nutty Professor
1995 Vampire in Brooklyn
1994 Beverly Hills Cop III
1992 The Distinguished Gentleman
1992 Boomerang

Other than Shrek (which is voicework, not too difficult to fuck that up), his films since 1990 have been awful failures. We should post the IMDB of Nicolas Cage to see who's duped more film financers out of millions of dollars in production costs.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Id say 99 is where he lost it. Cage would probably win though

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
^ Next to Murphy's recent track record Cage's output looks pretty fantastic.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Other than Shrek (which is voicework, not too difficult to fuck that up), his films since 1990 have been awful failures. We should post the IMDB of Nicolas Cage to see who's duped more film financers out of millions of dollars in production costs.

Nutty Professor movies and the Dr Dolittle movies were big hits. Beverly Hills Cop III wasn't as good as the first two but still did very well, Bowfingers a cult classic and Tower Heist can't be all bad it had Kate Upton in it for 2 seconds :UPTON: Like any actor he's some hits and some misses. Theres no actor in history (apart from someone like James Dean who died young) who has never been in a flop or a bad movie.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
Nutty Professor movies and the Dr Dolittle movies were big hits. Beverly Hills Cop III wasn't as good as the first two but still did very well, Bowfingers a cult classic and Tower Heist can't be all bad it had Kate Upton in it for 2 seconds :UPTON: Like any actor he's some hits and some misses. Theres no actor in history (apart from someone like James Dean who died young) who has never been in a flop or a bad movie.

Oh, I acknowledge that. Nobody will be on top forever. But when its a consistent pattern of bad movies and even worse performances, Hollywood should just stop taking risks on him. Film financers are putting up millions of dollars to pay Eddie Murphy's salary, and the movie won't even turn a profit.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Doesn't nearly every movie made lose money? The entire film industry is held up the big, hyped up blockbusters like Transformers.

Last edited:

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
But this isn't about what you like it's about why hollywood keeps paying him if his movies don't payout. He's making more than he's worth, It's all there, black and white, clear as crystal! You stole fizzy lifting drinks! You bumped into the ceiling which now has to be washed and sterilized, He's not making as much as he's getting paid so you get nothing! You lose! Good day, sir!

The question being asked in this thread is why does Hollywood keep giving him work. The answer is clear cut, he is the third biggest box office star based on US takings behind Samuel L Jackson and Tom Hanks. He has had hits in every decade since the 80's and he has been the star of many huge franchises.

It is all about potential. With Murphy on board there is the potential that he could kick start the next big franchise, that is why he keeps getting the big money. He has a good track record in the past and producers hope that they will be able to strike gold with him again.

Last edited:

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
This I stated somewhere earlier and it went unnoticed. They're praying that he comes back around.

Reactions: 1 person

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Fair enough, I think it got lost in the discussions about the quality of the films which people are never going to agree on since people like different things.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
He'll never be as good as his old stuff. But I still find some of his films enjoyable. Same goes for Nick Cage.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Hollywood isn't fair............Chalk it up to that I guess, even though I see nothing wrong with Eddie Murphy getting work.

There are plenty of people who constantly get work and to point out one guy is just pure spite. Eddie Murphy is still one of the most respected comedians out there. Just need to watch that One Night Only broadcast to see that.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score

Bowfinger I did really like, but that was like back in 98 which seems an awful long time ago now. Have yet to see Tower Heist, but might check it out at some point. His best performance of recent times was in Dream Girls.