Why did WWE ditch MSG?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
They never do Raw there anymore, and the only PPV there in the last 5 years was SS 2011. wtf? Best goddamn arena in the world, why don't they go there? You know That is WWE's home, and the crowds are always amazing.

Am I missing something? Raw should be in MSG once every few months. And IMO one PPV should be MSG exclusive, like Summerslam in Staples. I say make the Rumble an MSG thing.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
They never do Raw there anymore, and the only PPV there in the last 5 years was SS 2011. wtf? Best goddamn arena in the world, why don't they go there? You know That is WWE's home, and the crowds are always amazing.

Am I missing something? Raw should be in MSG once every few months. And IMO one PPV should be MSG exclusive, like Summerslam in Staples. I say make the Rumble an MSG thing.
Maybe the venue owner's rent it out for an astronomical price that there's no way between starting up the WWEN, rebuilding the developmental promotion, paying all of their employees, bringing back some pretty expensive employees that they can afford to do it like that.

I agree with you completely though that if they do have the money to shell out for it they need to, MSG is by far my favorite venue that I have seen any type of show at live.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
IKR. I was hoping WM 30 Would be in MSG.
Oh god, you and me both. I realize they are all about having Mania in big shitty stadiums that ruin the atmosphere, but they can't touch MSG as far as that electricity being in the air.

1, 10, 20... it needed to happen :((

NickAngel12

Jobber
Reaction score
Apparently MSG has like 10 years to vacate its 45-year-old premises and find a new home....and you gotta keep in mind, MSG has went through a LOT of renovations. That's why you don't see WWE events there nowadays.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Apparently MSG has like 10 years to vacate its 45-year-old premises and find a new home....and you gotta keep in mind, MSG has went through a LOT of renovations. That's why you don't see WWE events there nowadays.
Huh? MSG underwent a billion dollar renovation very recently

NickAngel12

Jobber
Reaction score
ikr...but MSG apparently has to moved. Which is very stupid. #WasteOfMoney

NickAngel12

Jobber
Reaction score
Well, since the MSG are done with their renovations, I expect some events next year. Tho TNA having a press conference in MSG doesn't help LOOOL

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I guess since we have this thread we may as well post some dank MSG WWE moments

Idgaf if you like HHH or not, this gives any wrestling fan wood every time

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
MSG just finished renovating the beginning of this year(did the knicks one year, the concert venue one, and the rangers another). Not sure if that would have to do with where the WWE events would be held.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
ikr...but MSG apparently has to moved. Which is very stupid. #WasteOfMoney
No it didn't, it was renovated. Same place, same arenas, new stuff added.
msg_renovations_01.jpg

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
WrestleMania:

Royal Rumble:

SummerSlam:

Survivor Series:

Seems like they return every 2 -4 years