who's the best somoan wrestler of all time?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

1chiban

Reaction score
It's got to be The Rock as he was the whole package.

Airfixx

^^^His current attitude towards WWE and wrestling in general aside, I wish I knew what it was that prevents me from being a total Rock mark.

...but yeah, no-one comes close.

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
jimmy Superfly Snuka IS Samoan wrestling.

The Rock is second.

Samoa Joe get's mentioned for repping Samoa

Moonlight Drive

Snuka is Samoan wrestling? Despite not being Samoan?

Samoa Joe IS Romanian wrestling imo.

Airfixx

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... Snuka is from Fiji!!!!!

monkeystyle

Reaction score
List the five star matches Joe's had btw. I'd like to see the ones that don't include a certain Kurt Angle, if he's had any at all.

One of the triple threats with Daniels and AJ is on that list I think. But tbh Joe and Umaga cannot be fairly compared.

The only similarities that they have is 'they're samoan'. Both wrestle totally different styles and have way different career paths. Any comparison between the two is just foolish.

Moonlight Drive

The only similarities that they have is 'they're samoan'. Both wrestle totally different styles and have way different career paths. Any comparison between the two is just foolish.
Because Umaga pwns Joe any day of the week,

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Based purely on awesomeness, The Rock.

But based on actual wrestling ability, Samoa Joe takes the cake easily.

Joe devoured that cake in a matter of seconds.

The Rock and Umaga. Fuck Joe. I much prefer Umaga.

Airfixx

Joe needs SOME kind of look to save him from his physique!

All that fat roled into those shorts is not a particularly welcome sight!

BTW, the next person to mention Snuka in the context of being Samoan get's a thorough neg-rep beat-down!

Cannibal

Reaction score
Mic skills: Samoa Joe > Umaga

5 star matches wrestled: Samoa Joe, at least 2-3 over his career. Umaga, none.

Joe is absolutley TERRIBLE on the damn mic.

Example: "Sting, you're NOT going to get away with this Sting. Sting you attacked me from BEHIND Sting. Sting, you should have known BETTER, Sting."

He says the name of whoever he's "talking to" at the beginning and end of every sentence and screams one word every sentence. Shitty fuckin acting if you ask me.

And as for those "5 Star" matches.....I will shit all over that douchebag Dave Meltzer. the guy is an absolute dumbass and he is constantly making shit up to earn a paycheck....just look at all his rediculous sheets. "Perry Saturn is missing and his family and friends are relying on Dave Meltzer to find him."...yea right. And if you look up that list of all of Dave Meltzer's 5 Star matches, you will see that 90% of them are shit.

ThePlumber702

Reaction score
easily the best samoan wrestler ever is Meng/Haku

a very very close second is Yokozuna

Honestly I'm not sure Meng can be counted as better than Yoko
(nobody did a rock and fall bit like Yoko. I miss him alot one of my favs ever..

NinoBrown

Reaction score
The Rock is half Samoan but he'd still be considered the best. If someone asked who's the best black wrestler, the Rock would probably win that vote too.

Samoa Joe > Umaga.

Umaga - the tired gimmick > Samoa Joe.