Whoa, I don't think this is that bad of an idea?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
Undertaker vs. HBK ~ Again.

At first, I was so against the idea. I thought a rematch of the year before would be trash, HBK v. HHH would be better, and the so on & so fourth. Yet, one little stipulation had me over with this match.

CAREER THREATNING

Shawn Michaels retires if he loses. Yes, Shawn's old. Probably, right now is the best time to retire, but honestly, I cant see it happening. Maybe I'm just hysterical about the thought, but I cant see it. Then again, Undertaker losing the streak is also just as unbelievable. The only reasonable explanation is a draw, but srsly? 17-0-1 will be really akward IRL. I think this is stealing the show at Wrestlemania if with awesome matches such as Edge v. Y2J & Batista v. Cena. This match is going to keep me on my toes foresure, and tbh I might just buy it. I haven't bought a PPV since WM 23. I stray away from spening money on anything wrestling related, but this might me an exception. The retirement of one of the greatest streaks, and or wrestlers of all time?

Whatcha guys think?

Wordlife

Adding this stipulation just made this perfect match 10x better!

Can't wait, for once it'll mean just so much more than a streak. For sure once again, HBK/Taker will be stealing the show at Wrestlemania! :)

Klide

Gotta agree with you wordlife. I mean attending it live was amazing seeing that match and to see it go down again was a bad idea to me as there spoiling the greatness. But that stipulation is the SEX

LadyHotrod

It was predictable. So very, very predictable.

I am thinking it's HBK's way out. Maybe it's just me but I don't think he really 'feels' it anymore. Something about him just gives off vibes to me that he doesn't really have the body to wrestle anymore and he has just stopped caring and lost a bit of passion. He made a mockary of himself acting like a blueberry in DX, his eye is messed up, he just doesn't look like he always has enough energy to put 100% into it.

Meh, that's just the feeling I get from him. I could be totally wrong but I can see Taker carrying on for a little longer than HBK. HBK probably just wants to go spend time with his family. Taker just wants to plow Michelle on a regular basis, show up to events with a bad tan and make up and roll his eyes.

Reaction score
I read in an article on here about a month ago that HBK is planning on taking some time off after Wrestlemania

kimball99

Reaction score
There still is no point to this. Undertaker wins, streak continues, and they both disappear for 3-4 months.

They can always throw a curve at us, but HBK will come back in the summer, and due to some sort of red tape, he'll be able to continue his career. That, or we can all witness the greatest, and long overdue, moment in WM history and have 'Taker lose his streak.

Either way, these two can't put on a good enough match for me to wanna see them go at again, only for the same result.

Praying to McMahonism: "Please Vince, give us something to remember, I'll behave, I promise."

Reaction score
I for one have been itching for this match for so long now. I have been nervous that they'd go with HBK/HHH instead of HBK/Taker, but now that it's here, and HBK's career is on the line - I don't know what to think.

I mean, I couldn't really see Taker winning a second match in a row against HBK, let alone if his career is on the line. The whole rumour about HBK taking time off after Mania til Summer Slam could be true, he may return in a non-wrestler role? Maybe. Maybe not! I think there are too many factors in this match to really guess who's going to win.

It's not going to kill Taker if the streak ends. It's not like his entire career is based around it. He'll be fine, all the 1-3 years he'll be here anyway.

Both men are old. both men have given their all to the business. I'd love to see HBK win, then a double retirement. HBK because he's done everything he wanted to do in the WWE, and Taker...well, his knees are fucked lol.

I just hope that, if HBK wins, it's a dead clean win. No messin around like their last match.

noumenon

The stipulation just seems awfully one sided to me. One guy gets a "1" tacked onto a record and the other guy is gone forever? I dunno...
I really think this is going to be the end of the streak. How many times has HBK said he feels worthless and if he can't beat Taker, that's exactly what he is and he doesn't deserve to wrestle and blah blah blah. Is that the send off they really want to give to HBK? I highly doubt it.
And if they go the Flair route and have HBK "retired" only to return a few months later I'll seriously gag.

TeaDkay

Reaction score
meh, thats the stipulation i wanted last year. i'd link you the post but the fucking search button doesn't work anymore. as much as i love hbk i dont want him to end his career like a ric flair and undertaker is just boring now. i hope they both retire somehow after this mania...

a new legend killer screws shawn out of the match perhaps? then taker goes after him saying he respected shawn and didnt want that to happen eventually getting his career "killed"? whatever

noumenon

Taker is the one who needs to hang it up if anything... or at least a massive gimmick and image overhaul. Looking at him on RAW was kind of scary. He's starting to look so damn old.

TeaDkay

Reaction score
he should shave his head bald tbh, then i might start taking his character a bit more seriously...

noumenon

I say give him a buzz cut, grow out a full beard, stop with the eyeliner bullshit and merge the American Bad Ass character with the Dead Man gimmick a little bit. He's just coming off as over the top corny at most times."At WRESTLEMANIA.... I want your soooooul"

Reaction score
I just had a weird idea today. I don't know how well this would go down, the more that I think of it. But if HBK won over Taker this year. Even if both retired after Mania, I'd love to see the rubber-Mania-match. I think that'd be a cool, once of match both could do. but really, just a random idea. not entirely sure how well thatd actually work.