Who will do the best in 2011?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ahorrig

Reaction score
obviously guys like cena will do well. But will guys like morrison do any good?

Axis

Reaction score
I hope John Morrison does good. I know that the WWE is involved in with charitable organizations both nationally and around the world. Perhaps Morrison could play a larger role in the Make A Wish Foundation, or maybe he could go off and do independent charity work like picnics for the blind.

Further, I hope that John Morrison does well in 2011.

Airfixx

Reaction score
IF they have MITB at WM this year and JoMo doesn't win it then I think that tells us all we need to know.

JoMo's 2010/2011 reminds me of when he was having great matches and beating world champs on SD only to trickle back down the card to carry the IC title, move to Raw and have R-Truth pushed ahead of him. Yeah, they've given him time to shine in the ring and get himself over even more thanks to his entertaining style (which has prob worked to a degree), but surely they must realise that he hasn't got the kind of charisma & mic skills they look for in a main eventer...? In which case I see him keeping Kofi company as a much-valued midcarder for life. Besides, you can't keep pushing guys to the brink and expect the fans to buy back into them each time you cool their jets.

Would like to see him turn heel later in the year and resume all the talk of the palace of wisdom etc... Give the guy his character back.

Other hopes for 2011:

Cody Rhodes - Hard IC title push pleeeeease!!!
Daniel Bryan - Just give the guy some matches damn-it... He's cooled off so much since the matches with Ziggler, Miz & such. Even if it's just against other faces (Truth, Morrison, Kozlov blah); just sell him to us as the proverbial fighting champ who'll take on all comers He could make that title mean SO much!
Miz - I think his coming year depends massively on what state he comes outta his fued with Cena in (which will obviously run past WM even if he does miraculously retain at WM)...
Del Rio - Unless he screws up in some way, I expect it to be a big year for him. Have him win at WM, screw Edge outta the title hunt, cram SD with hard workin' faces like JoMo, Christian, the soon-to-turn Kane and have him cling to the title into the summertime where pressumably he'll inevitably be crushed by Taker. 1 epic title run > him being a 3/4 time WHC by the end of the year.

Fingers crossed, but not too optimistic for:

CM Punk
Jack Swagger
John Morrison
Wade Barret

...And here's hoping that all the Sin Caras hype brings with it the goodness.

noumenon

Reaction score
CM Punk I think is in line for a huge push, but kind of at the expense of the Miz. I think Punk is kind of laying in wait for the big "if" of Miz dropping the top heel ball. Personally I don't see that happening but I'd almost guarantee at least one title run for Punk in 2011.

Jomo I think is in store for a great year. They've made him seem pretty legit as of late and the crowd is getting pretty decently behind him. I think his in ring ability and flashiness should be enough to make up for his lack of mic skills. A feud with Punk or Miz would also be enough to carry him through promos. I'd like to see Jomo finally grab a title this year. I'd be completely shocked if he doesn't win MITB. But as said... if he doesn't we know what to expect.

Del Rio is obviously set up for a big year, not much to say there.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
I have three concerns this year:

Wade Barrett: While I enjoy CM Punk and the New Nexus, this has totally killed Barrett's heat. Hopefully he can do some of the same magic with The Corre that he did with Nexus.
Dolph Ziggler: I was caught by surprise when he started feuding with Edge but after he got fired, I couldn't think of any plausible way to get him back on SD and back in the running with WM around the corner. I just hope that this hiatus doesn't cool him off too much.
Sheamus: I think I can speak for any Sheamus fan when I say, I hope he doesn't spend the year feuding with Santino and Kozlov (R-Truth if he's lucky). Even if he starts a program with Daniel Bryan for the US title, I'll be at ease.

Guys that need to step it up this year:

John Morrison: Honestly if he doesn't win a title this year, I don't think he'll ever. I think a move to SD would do him some justice after Wrestlemania.
Evan Bourne: Let's not forget, he has three wins over Chris Jericho on his record book. I wouldn't mind seeing him in a feud with someone that sort of matches him size-wise (Tyson Kidd or a mid-carder from SD maybe). I just want to see more of him now that he's back.
Ted DiBiase: I can't think of anyone who had a worse 2010 than him. This Maryse storyline has gone to shot because there's no guy there to be Maryse's "Knight in Shining Armor" and save her from him. It doesn't look like he's been putting much effort in his work recently at all anyways.

ahorrig

Reaction score
i am predicting MITB winner is evan bourne or jomo. probably john, but i wouldnt be too upset if evan won it.

Airfixx

Reaction score
Wade Barrett: While I enjoy CM Punk and the New Nexus, this has totally killed Barrett's heat. Hopefully he can do some of the same magic with The Corre that he did with Nexus.

Sadly it all feels a little too repetetive already.... I think the addition of Jackson to try and make it a bonafide faction was the problem. If they'd just left it that Gabriel & Slater were a tag team that were associates of Wade (like Jeriocho was at times witH Evolution or NAO before they officially became part of DX) then I think Wade could have started to break out a bit on his own under the steam of the Nexus angle. Every week It feels like he slips down the card a little further which is such a shame because he did an awesome job with the original Nexus.

Dolph Ziggler: I was caught by surprise when he started feuding with Edge but after he got fired, I couldn't think of any plausible way to get him back on SD and back in the running with WM around the corner. I just hope that this hiatus doesn't cool him off too much.

I already said in another thread, but I find Ziggler's curious. The whole thing with Edge was just a classic case of a filler title fued for the road to Mania with the addition of Vicki to make up for any lack of heat. I don't think there was anything there to suggest he'll be pushed as a ME-er after WM.

Released or mid-carding on Raw after WM seem most likely.

Edit: Random thought, but how pissed would you be if you were Ziggler? ....Work your ass off all year (which he really has) only to get written out a month before Mania

...god...

Reaction score
I'd be happy I got to be world champion if I were Ziggler..

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Ziggler for surprise entrant in MITB, or costing someone their shot at the briefcase ._.

1chiban

Reaction score
If there is a MITB at 'Mania - which looks unlikely - then I'd bet JoMo would win it. If we've got to wait until the MITB PPV, then I'm not so sure...

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
@Fixx, yeah if I was Ziggler, I'd be pretty pissed. However, I agree with Flywalker that he at least got to be champion for a day so it's in history. Still though, now he has nothing going into Mania; hell, he hasn't even been put back on TV yet.

Airfixx

Reaction score
Seriously though, it may be a bit of a 'buzz' for a worker's inner-mark, but unless you're looking to get picked up by TNA ( : P ), of what value is a short one-off world title reign in this day and age?

If you're doing this shit to earn a living then surely a WM payday would be FAR more preferable.

I mean look at Kane (who's reign at least last one day!) or more recently Swagger....

noumenon

Reaction score
I'm sure Ziggler will end up on the Mania card in some way. The guy is one hell of a worker IMO and seems to consistently work some of the best matches in the company. His character and personality could definitely use a few tweaks, but the guy did work his ass off this year and I'm sure we'll see him back before Mania. It's very rare a firing angle lasts this long. Even though it may not amount to a main event push for him I seriously doubt being written off directly from a WHC storyline is going to culminate in a real release.

ahorrig

Reaction score
i think zigglers firing was to give time to ADR.