Who will be the next NXT Women's Champion?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ric Flare!

The Artiste
Reaction score
I think it is safe to say now Paige has the Divas title, she will be dropping the NXT Women's title soon to fully be a WWE DIva. Who do you think she will drop the belt to? Of all the stars, I really think Sasha Banks can roll with the belt and have some great bouts with Bailey, take this weeks match, Bailey has a nice face character and Sasha in my opinion is the harley quinn to her batgirl.

Ric Flare!

The Artiste
Reaction score
Bailey would be my choice but realistically, Charlotte looks to be the woman to face Paige and winning against Paige who has that big reign and double champion status is something she needs. Sasha Banks please bitch
QJtWrJp.png
Ed, Sasha is my queen

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
I'm probably the only one that thinks this, I'll allow.

But, I think Paige should surrender the title voluntarily to "focus on being Divas Champion" (or however she explains it). It allows them to set up a tournament for the NXT Womens Championship (gives 8 women an "opportunity" at the belt) and gives whoever wins that an immediate feud point with Paige when that woman (I figure it's likely either Charlotte or Sasha Banks, to be honest) comes up to the main roster (as Paige didn't actually lose the belt).

You could even put Natalya and Summer Rae in the tournament (those two, particularly Nattie, would probably be prohibitive favorites to win it) only to have them reach the semis and one eliminate the other while the winner goes on to lose in the finals.....I know, inside baseball, but that's just me.

wk

Reactions: Just Kevin

Ric Flare!

The Artiste
Reaction score

But, I think Paige should surrender the title voluntarily to "focus on being Divas Champion" (or however she explains it). It allows them to set up a tournament for the NXT Womens Championship (gives 8 women an "opportunity" at the belt) and gives whoever wins that an immediate feud point with Paige when that woman (I figure it's likely either Charlotte or Sasha Banks, to be honest) comes up to the main roster (as Paige didn't actually lose the belt).

You could even put Natalya and Summer Rae in the tournament (those two, particularly Nattie, would probably be prohibitive favorites to win it) only to have them reach the semis and one eliminate the other while the winner goes on to lose in the finals.....I know, inside baseball, but that's just me.

wk
Another tournament bro?

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score

wk
Can't say I agree here. While the idea is solid. The belt was originally won in a tournament, and now the first and only champ is just dropping it to set up another tournament?

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Can't say I agree here. While the idea is solid. The belt was originally won in a tournament, and now the first and only champ is just dropping it to set up another tournament?

I just think the value of her being an undefeated NXT Womens Champion is higher than the issues with having another tournament is all.

Besides, you have to remember that most of the WWE Universe is new to NXT and don't know we "just had" a tournament to crown the first NXT Womens Champion.

wk

Ric Flare!

The Artiste
Reaction score
I just think the value of her being an undefeated NXT Womens Champion is higher than the issues with having another tournament is all.

Besides, you have to remember that most of the WWE Universe is new to NXT and don't know we "just had" a tournament to crown the first NXT Womens Champion.

wk
But it still diminishes the value of the belt. All past superstars have dropped the belt when they went up, Big E etc, Paige should drop the belt and put someone else over

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
What Flair said. Paige's reign needs an definite end. Her dropping the belt devalues the rest of the divas roster since it sends the message that "no one can beat her".

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
But it still diminishes the value of the belt. All past superstars have dropped the belt when they went up, Big E etc, Paige should drop the belt and put someone else over

Here's where the comparison between Big E and Paige doesn't work: Big E wasn't WWE Champion when he dropped the NXT Championship.

Is it more important to "protect the credibility" of the NXT Womens Championship or the WWE Divas Championship?

wk

Ric Flare!

The Artiste
Reaction score
Here's where the comparison between Big E and Paige doesn't work: Big E wasn't WWE Champion when he dropped the NXT Championship.

Is it more important to "protect the credibility" of the NXT Womens Championship or the WWE Divas Championship?

wk
I'm not saying that Paige needs to put someone over cleanly, a cheap win can set up a heel diva nicely, a rope win/tights win lets the heel diva have something to rant about (I beat the Diva champion, allowing a face (Bailey) to come in and create a feud while Paige gets to go up to the main show, and RAW never bring anything from NXT into their shows, correct me if I am wrong, but WWE don't bring NXT feuds into the main show's "universe"

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
I'm not saying that Paige needs to put someone over cleanly, a cheap win can set up a heel diva nicely, a rope win/tights win lets the heel diva have something to rant about (I beat the Diva champion, allowing a face (Bailey) to come in and create a feud while Paige gets to go up to the main show, and RAW never bring anything from NXT into their shows, correct me if I am wrong, but WWE don't bring NXT feuds into the main show's "universe"

This is actually the one saving grace of her dropping the belt. If it's a dirty win, then it works without hurting her (and, by extension, the Divas Title).

As for them not bringing NXT feuds to the main roster, you're right to say they have not. Neither of us can say that they never will. This is particularly an issue now that a national/international audience can see NXT every week, not just the people who got the regional channel where it was broadcast before. I mean, do you really think WWE won't bring up the history Sami Zayn and Cesaro have (and I'm just talking about their NXT history, not their history on the Indies) when Sami Zayn makes his main roster debut?

wk

Ric Flare!

The Artiste
Reaction score
This is actually the one saving grace of her dropping the belt. If it's a dirty win, then it works without hurting her (and, by extension, the Divas Title).

As for them not bringing NXT feuds to the main roster, you're right to say they have not. Neither of us can say that they never will. This is particularly an issue now that a national/international audience can see NXT every week, not just the people who got the regional channel where it was broadcast before. I mean, do you really think WWE won't bring up the history Sami Zayn and Cesaro have (and I'm just talking about their NXT history, not their history on the Indies) when Sami Zayn makes his main roster debut?

wk
I think it would be a major mistake not to bring up that history if the two are going to enter feuds. However saying that, I don't think WWE would want to say "Cesaro & Zayn had what people are calling match or matches of the year on NXT" when they will be seen as Mid-Carders (Zayn mainly) with talent like Cena & Orton, so who knows on that, we may just have that brushed aside and have a clean slate when Zayn comes up

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
I think it would be a major mistake not to bring up that history if the two are going to enter feuds. However saying that, I don't think WWE would want to say "Cesaro & Zayn had what people are calling match or matches of the year on NXT" when they will be seen as Mid-Carders (Zayn mainly) with talent like Cena & Orton, so who knows on that, we may just have that brushed aside and have a clean slate when Zayn comes up

Yeah, although I can hear JBL bringing that up in my head prior to a Cesaro/Zayn match....it does make it seem more important for people to get the WWEN to watch NXT if the "match of the year" is on it. It's a glorious thought (at least to me).

wk