Who was the most over pushed wrestler in WWE history?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Who achieved so much more than their talent level allowed? For me personally it's the Ultimate Warrior he was a horrible worker, whose insane ramblings on the microphone provided so much accidental comedy. Sure he was charismatic and had a $1million dollar look but that was it. There was nothing to make a wrestler.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Warrior was over as fuck bro.

I'll say Great Khali. Him getting a job is disgraceful, but to actually get a main event push/World title reign? fuck all that noise, the dude can barely fucking walk and can't speak English

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Dolph'sZiggler said:
Warrior was over as fuck bro.
Still doesn't change the fact he had 0 talent to justify him going over at the time the biggest wrestling icon. He was over but he couldn't wrestle or cut a promo to save his life.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Him having the great look, great gimmick, and amazing charisma is enough to justify a push. Khali has nothing, along with others. Warrior's promos were also loved by a lot of people, even if you think they were entertaining for the wrong reasons, they were entertaining nonetheless.

He wasn't technical at all in the ring, but he entertained people. Not all fans (see: most fans) put as much stock into technical in ring ability as the IWC tends to.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Optimus said:
Will it piss off Goldberg if I said him?

It'd piss me off.

He and Warrior are very similar and both worthy of pushes IMO

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Triple HHH and Hogan

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Dolph'sZiggler said:

Controversial I know but at times both were rammed down our throats! The question is overpushed not what talent they had! I'd also add Cena too!

CMPuLs3

Reaction score
I came into this thread & was going to say Ultimate Warrior. He never really deserved it imo, but that's a really arguable point.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Dolph'sZiggler said:
I'll say Great Khali. Him getting a job is disgraceful, but to actually get a main event push/World title reign? fuck all that noise, the dude can barely fucking walk and can't speak English

To be fair he is a big draw in India so that's a possible reason for his push.

#Heel1

The Artiste
Reaction score
Most over pushed stars were Alberto Del Rio and Khali,. Reasons are listed below, I base them on 2 factors: in-ring and mic skills.

Alberto Del Rio
Ring skills:I admit, Del Rio's ring skills aren't the problem here. He has average overall prowess and pace. That turnbuckle enziguri he does is pretty cool. Usually ending in a surprise arm bar.
Mic Skills: This is the issue at hand. Put nicely, they are less than sub par. You could compare his mic work to Dolph and Vicki not too long ago, but without any underlying potential. Ricardo doing all of the work, when Del Rio did get mic time, it was boring and predictable.

The Great Khali
Ring skills: I can't stand to watch his matches because I feel bad for his opponent. Not because they are up against a monster, but because he is so clumsy and hard to work. His legs don't bend more than 75 degrees, he misses queue constantly, which creates botches galore. On top of that, hes heavy, not very maneuverable like Show, and just plain awkward.
Mic skills: I will now share a quote from Rajin Singh out of an old issue of WWE Magazine:

Interviewer: "What is it like being Khali's translator both in WWE and on the road?"
Singh: You know, whether he is speaking English or Punjabi, it sounds like he has a mouth full of marbles."

If that doesn't explain my point then all you have to do is listen to one of his... *ahem*... "promos"...

That is all.

Reactions: Testify and leojay