Who Was Originally Chose For Batista's Role In Evolution?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
49fd0fe01f6969c21fcff2fd287a1414_1024.jpg

Triple H revealed in the extras of his latest DVD, Triple H - They Kingdom Come, that Mark Jindrak was originally being pegged to be in Evolution. Jindrak, who now competes under the name of Marco Corleone in Mexico, even filmed vignettes coming out of a helicopter with the group, but he ended up being replaced by Batista.
I don't really remember much about Jindrak other than his name and I believe he teamed with Lance Cade at some point? Interesting news though and obviously they made the right choice switching to Batista.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I was a fan of Jindrak, thought he was a lot like Ziggler only without as much personality, but he was pretty fun to watch. I remember him most fondly from his WCW days teaming with Sean O'Haire though.

Dash

Reaction score
I remember him from that alliance he had with Kurt Angle and Luther Reigns. He and Reigns both had a pretty good run up until they lost Angle of course. Glad they didn't go with Jindrak though, Batista was a much better choice.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I thought this was common knowledge for years...

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
No telling how that would have went with as he is a way different from what Batista brought to the group being the muscle. It worked out the way it went but am curious as to how it would have went if Jindrak stayed as the guy. Thought he had some good talent being a athletic big guy.

TheOneKnownAsFetter

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Either way I saw this working. They needed a hoss like Vinny Mac loves; both would have provided that with the poor acting & botched moves a plenty.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
I'm with Fetter, it probably wouldn't have made that big a difference if it was Jindrak in the end. I'm sure he would have gotten the same kind of opportunists as Batista got when he was with Evolution. A tall, strong guy who turned on the big heel Triple H, thus becoming a very over face in the process. Seems like shoes a lot of wrestlers could have filled easily enough.

TheOneKnownAsFetter

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
I'm with Fetter, it probably wouldn't have made that big a difference if it was Jindrak in the end. I'm sure he would have gotten the same kind of opportunists as Batista got when he was with Evolution. A tall, strong guy who turned on the big heel Triple H, thus becoming a very over face in the process. Seems like shoes a lot of wrestlers could have filled easily enough.

Exactly, it was a generic big guy role. Granted Batista was a little more ripped for a "body guard" muscle type of gimmick; I think Jindrak would of done about the same.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Shoes could be filled? Don't sell Dave short, he's special. They still wouldn't be relying on part timers like Taker, Trips, Brock, Rock, RVD, and Jericho if the lil Indy midget guys like Punk and Bryan or multi generation drones like Orton could fill his fucking shoes, sell tickets, draw ratings, move merch, and be massively over and cross into Hollywood without having to comeback.

Batista is is a once in a lifetime talent, may not be malenko in terms of move numbers or Storm in psychology but he damn sure did his job better than a Punk, Bryan, Dolph, Randy, or Del Rio on and off screen which is why he had no strikes and could always be given the belt and actually main event WrestleMania, main event ppv, main event raw and not be a paper champ who still needs a guy like Cena or seasonal guys to save his ass from the ship sinking.

The boots he left ain't been filled in 3 years for a close B let alone successful second to Cena who doesn't need excuses made for him. Batistas contract signing was the highest rating ever on spike tv, He drew second to Cena in his time. With upn closing, Dave still drew ratings SD gets now facing MVP, Morrison, Burke, and Khali weekly. Dave main eve red mania as a face which punk can't do. Sd was the #1 rated show on Friday nights on the vs in his tenure. He sold out arenas around the world.

What has jindrak or anyone who came after Dave big or small, ROH/TNA/CMLL/AAA made, or non part timer from yesteryear to say they can even lace his damn boots let alone fill them? As I'm not seeing anything or anyone doing it

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I want SAIYANS' book of ratings breakdowns and merchandise sells from the past 15 years that he's memorized.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I just realized Jindrak looks like KANE in that pic :lmao as for the Jindrak, as for the convo for would it mattered if Dave was in this spot I really think it would have mattered I was looking at Jindrak matches before writing this and the guy I don't care who much he would have been push would not have had the same connections with crowds that Dave did at all.

Reaction score
Batista didn't start off as something special though did he? You could say Jindrak COULD have gone to be successful as Dave, I mean is there much physical difference between Cena and Jindrak (usually, it seems to be a top draws = larger than life guys), I'm pretty sure they have similar builds, but anyways - Jindrak could have *possibly* easily slotted into the number two role (plus he was a hell of a lot younger than Dave, so he could have proved the number two in low points); this isn't writing of Batista at all but surely if Jindrak had the same push, with his look he could possibly been as special/successful.

Dave learnt from Triple H (the guy who worked with the top draws very well) & Flair (who was top draw and one of the top five GOATs), so Jindrak could of done the same. That's my faults.

As the currently shitty situation with WWE, Daniel Bryan just doesn't have the look but he's a good mix of Storm & Malenko though. I loved the finish for the match against Cena, subtly done but it very anti-corporate/sports-entertainment but most casual fans *probably* appreciate that side of it - hense poor ratings, still leaves me scratching how D-Bry seemingly has the fans in the palms of his hands but fails to lure them in on TV.

Is there anyone who actually helps/spikes the ratings who isn't vet/part-timer/established.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I think the argument that it would't be different is pretty dumb if you're also factoring in what Batista did after Evolution. As far as in Evolution, it probably wouldn't have been different, Jindrak probably just wouldn't have gotten any sort of push like Batista did when breaking away from them.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Dave really had the intensity and believability, as he said himself, you always know he can kick your ass on his documentary. Watch Batista control a crowd with a simple thumbs down. And Chris you joke but people on WCF know I had the ratings list that was showing randy who lost ratings in every reign and Christian who was the lowest rated ECW champ and saw the numbers go up with dreamer and swagger and down with him were shit in terms of credibility with the casuals.

As for Bryan I will say he and punk get a crowd going, they create an atmosphere and people join in the fun like the Wave or ole chants in a soccer match. That said Cena no matter what chant he gets, gets views, and moved millions in merch. It was the same with trips and Dave. But that said, being popular isn't great, look at that vanilla midget AJ Styles for example