Who Was Originally Chose For Batista's Role In Evolution?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Leave it to you to somehow find a way in this thread to diss the guys you don't like when you could have just did your praise for Batista and left it as that. And Chris's joke is justified because you don't have this long finical report of who is selling what like you pretend you do lol. Not to mention your logic on ratings and all that has always been very bad basing the rating of the whole show on one guy. Anyways on the topic at hand fact of the matter is it worked out for Batista but there is no telling if he would have worked out the same had Jindrak been in that same spot and Batista was left to do fuck all like he was before Evolution came around. Batista got a hell of a opportunity to not only be in the group but to get made by Triple H. Batista made the most of it to his credit but he could have very easily just been another Luther Reigns esp given his age.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Dave despite his age improved every year. He deserves some damn credit, lot more than he gets. He literally became a star, improved his wrestling, improved his mic skills, maintained his body, didn't get wellness strikes, drew, and had a controlling presence as a face and a heel. For a 2 year stretch he has worked more matches than anyone including Cena as the guy and doing all the pr for the blue brand.

They gave him a foot in the door but the difference between him and the guys today is Dave has an IT factor, a true it factor to go with his total package . He was helped but make no mistake when trips and flair were taken from him he stood on his own two feet as a success, the same can't be said for a ton of guys like RVD, Jeff, orton, Christian, Punk, Dolph, ADR, and Bryan who were given world titles. Heck even the likes of edge and Jericho can't compare when it came to running with the ball.

Im just saying he never fumbled like those guys. At some point it says something that as the man he could main event ppvs, he could be a main event face at mania, he could get the same viewers guys today hope for, and the like. At some point Dave made fucking Dave unlike guys who've been given the world title multiple times to get over yet still fail, guys who get 400 day reigns yet can't main event a tv show without people flipping a channel without Cena or a part timer, or need a guy to retire due to injury for a sympathy run.

It's disrespectful to say jindrak could just fill his shoes seeing what he did in and post evolution, let alone say he could be another reigns when there hasn't been a damn guy on the roster since 05 besides him who could ever stand on equal footing with Cena and the attitude guys.

Last edited:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I like making fun of SAIYANS and his hilarious logic as much as the next guy, but he's pretty spot on in this thread. Batista was a star and I'm even a Jindrak fan, but he wouldn't have done shit after Evolution in my opinion.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I wasn't taking away from Batista I gave him credit for making the most out of his opportunity. My point was just that you never know how someone can turn out if they are never given a chance. Batista got a great chance and he worked out making the most out of it, but who knows if Jindrak had got a great chance himself if he would have became something himself. Can't dismiss that possibility is all I'm saying.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I guess but Jindrak himself has said he wasn't mature enough as a person at the time to be what they wanted in evolution in Dave's role. How many guys would be happy being Dave? Sure a lot now, but what about when it was randy getting out over on the mic, getting the screen time, and you're just told look tough and be an animal.

Daves age and life experiences helped him a bit there, he stayed humble, waited for his chance to shine, and he turned out better than Orton ever did, heck better than anyone not named Cena

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I want SAIYANS' book of ratings breakdowns and merchandise sells from the past 15 years that he's memorized.

They're called backlogs of old Observers smark guy.

As for Jindrak doing as much as Batista.....gtfo. YEEEEAH, I'm Mark fucking Jindrak would be getting major parts in the the Iron fists movie, the Riddick movie and the upcoming Marvel whatever the fuck it's called movie if he was in Evolution instead of Big Dave......Some people take the cake on bullshit logic.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
As noted last week, in the extras of the Triple H - Thy Kingdom Come DVD, Triple H discussed Mark Jindrak originally being pegged to be in Evolution before eventually being replaced by Batista. Jindrak, who now competes under the name of Marco Corleone in Mexico, commented on being nixed from the group and replaced by Batista.

"I wasn't ready for Evolution at that time in my career," Jindrak admitted on his Twitter. "I was immature and Batista fit better. It was mine to lose and I dropped the ball. But since then I've matured and understood why I missed that chance and it's helped me in my career which ended up in CMLL in Mexico

"I missed Evolution but don't miss my soap opera 'porque el amor manda' @Univision 8pm with over 4 million viewers every night mon-fri"

Read more at Mark Jindrak On Why Batista Replaced Him In Evolution - WrestlingInc.com

As for Jindrak doing as much as Batista.....gtfo. YEEEEAH, I'm Mark fucking Jindrak would be getting major parts in the the Iron fists movie, the Riddick movie and the upcoming Marvel whatever the fuck it's called movie if he was in Evolution instead of Big Dave......Some people take the cake on bullshit logic.
Guardians of the Galaxy, a great comic series

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Shoes could be filled? Don't sell Dave short, he's special. They still wouldn't be relying on part timers like Taker, Trips, Brock, Rock, RVD, and Jericho if the lil Indy midget guys like Punk and Bryan or multi generation drones like Orton could fill his fucking shoes, sell tickets, draw ratings, move merch, and be massively over and cross into Hollywood without having to comeback.

Batista is is a once in a lifetime talent, may not be malenko in terms of move numbers or Storm in psychology but he damn sure did his job better than a Punk, Bryan, Dolph, Randy, or Del Rio on and off screen which is why he had no strikes and could always be given the belt and actually main event WrestleMania, main event ppv, main event raw and not be a paper champ who still needs a guy like Cena or seasonal guys to save his ass from the ship sinking.

The boots he left ain't been filled in 3 years for a close B let alone successful second to Cena who doesn't need excuses made for him. Batistas contract signing was the highest rating ever on spike tv, He drew second to Cena in his time. With upn closing, Dave still drew ratings SD gets now facing MVP, Morrison, Burke, and Khali weekly. Dave main eve red mania as a face which punk can't do. Sd was the #1 rated show on Friday nights on the vs in his tenure. He sold out arenas around the world.

What has jindrak or anyone who came after Dave big or small, ROH/TNA/CMLL/AAA made, or non part timer from yesteryear to say they can even lace his damn boots let alone fill them? As I'm not seeing anything or anyone doing it

I'm not denying that he made an impact when he was in WWE, I'm just saying that being part of Evolution played a big part in how his career went. The way he was booked from day 1 made it possible for him to become highly popular with the fans. He just had to keep his head down and work hard, the rest was pretty much laid out for him.

It's impossible to say that as fact, but that's just what I think.

I wasn't talking about his movie career. That was all his doing.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I am really not sure if people would have begged for someone to turn in his place. It may have been the other way around IMO. I think they would have made trips the face with other bodyguards turning on him. Dave just started getting cheered more and more, noticed more and more in environments with other faces while still being heel, and the contract signing was the day it all culminated.

Reaction score
Big Dave has a certain "it" factor that isn't something you can just manufacture. Any big guy out there could be pegged for the big guy enforcer in that type of group, but I think the momentum would have ultimately done much more for Big Dave than Jindrak. Whatever it was they were hoping to see in the guy just never surfaced, else I think the WWE would have kept looking for something with him. Batista might not be the greatest big man wrestler, the best speaker, maybe not off the charts in "it" factor. But he brought enough of everything that it worked well enough to bring him to a level that people liked seeing him. Big Dave quietly exudes a certain level of personality that many just don't have. That shit he was doing at the end as a heel was damn gold to me, showed some real range when he even played off the prissy diva style character throwing a tantrum as he left the promotion on RAW.