Who thinks TNA has turned into WCW with Hogan and in charge?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mister J

Reaction score
It will be like WCW when Flair wins the title and starts carrying the other wrestlers to great matches.

otallulah

Reaction score
ME MYSELF I LIKE WWE BUT I'M TIRED OF THIS EACH WEEK CRAP WITH NEW CELEBRITIES THAT SUCK'S. WHEN IT COMES TOO TNA GOING LIVE ON MONDAY NIGHT'S MY DVR WILL BE ON THAT. TNA HAS WON MY HEART ON THE WRESTLING WORLD AND THAT'S THAT. THE RING IS FOR WRESTLING NOT MOVIE STAR'S AND ALL THAT OTHER CRAP.

KenFan4life

Reaction score
Somewhat, but Hogan would have to wear black, darken up his beard, spray paint midgets, become a bad@$$, and then do fingerpoke of doom stuff for tna to be considered WCW for me.

But right now, it's a gimp hogan walking around giving away cereal box rings to mentally challenged wanna be michael meyers dudes and such.

Now if Booker T was still in TNA, and Scott Stiener and Buff Bagwell popped up, then it'd be WCW 2.

LadyHotrod

ME MYSELF I LIKE WWE BUT I'M TIRED OF THIS EACH WEEK CRAP WITH NEW CELEBRITIES THAT SUCK'S. WHEN IT COMES TOO TNA GOING LIVE ON MONDAY NIGHT'S MY DVR WILL BE ON THAT. TNA HAS WON MY HEART ON THE WRESTLING WORLD AND THAT'S THAT. THE RING IS FOR WRESTLING NOT MOVIE STAR'S AND ALL THAT OTHER CRAP.

Some of the wrestlers are 'movie stars', queer.

TheCHB

Reaction score
Their is two different sides of this but the way I see it is that TNA has a lot of problems and I mean a lot! But their is an upside and that is the Pope and AJ. Those two are emerging has the top stars in the company now and not Hogan, Bishoff, Foley, Hall ect.. NOT like WCW and that's what keeps my hopes up for TNA but lets face it they have a history of screwing things up.

So we should all hope in TNA because right now their the only ones that can push WWE and make them a better company. If they pull it off imagine the Monday night wars part 2 and how good that would be.

the408kid

Reaction score
Their is two different sides of this but the way I see it is that TNA has a lot of problems and I mean a lot! But their is an upside and that is the Pope and AJ. Those two are emerging has the top stars in the company now and not Hogan, Bishoff, Foley, Hall ect.. NOT like WCW and that's what keeps my hopes up for TNA but lets face it they have a history of screwing things up.

So we should all hope in TNA because right now their the only ones that can push WWE and make them a better company. If they pull it off imagine the Monday night wars part 2 and how good that would be.
True but if they dont pull it off part 2 of the wars will be a box office bust. Lets hope they really start advertising the Pope and AJ feud!

LadyHotrod

I'm sorry but if you think an AJ/Pope feud is going to bring in huge ratings, you're an idiot. Both are great wrestlers but it's not going to create any kind of 'war'.

the408kid

Reaction score
I'm sorry but if you think an AJ/Pope feud is going to bring in huge ratings, you're an idiot. Both are great wrestlers but it's not going to create any kind of 'war'.
Aint gonna be huge ratings BUT aj who's doing pretty well with his heel turn and the pope who's over big time right now is the most interesting thing going there. Its better then the Abyss thing thats for sure.

DazRko

Reaction score
Its only a good thing though that Hogan is there. He made WCW big for a few years and they went to the top. Now all TNA need is good superstars, storylines and good writers. They have all the rest to make a damn good go of it with the wwe.

Reaction score
Its only a good thing though that Hogan is there. He made WCW big for a few years and they went to the top. Now all TNA need is good superstars, storylines and good writers. They have all the rest to make a damn good go of it with the wwe.

Remember that Hogan was one of the driving factors in the downfall of WCW. His refusal to put anyone over long term and give back to the company took the ratings down the toilet. If you've never read "The Death of WCW" book you should, it gives a shit ton of information on Hogan's bullshit politics to stay on top of WCW when the fans were wanting someone else. Also Hogan does not have a mind for the business, he's always had someone above him helping him along, so how the fuck he's supposed to help run TNA is a fucking mystery to me.

DazRko

Reaction score
Wcw had the money back then TNA i think do not have as much now. That may be the only downfall. But i think TNA is better off for talent now than WCW then.

Reaction score
That was exactly what I thought when I tuned in on Monday night to watch WCW 2000 take place.

Hogan
Nash
Hall
Flair
Sean Waltman
Nasty Boyz
Jimmy Hart
Eric Bischoff

Flair and Hogan were moving so slow it was EMBARASSING.