Who thinks TNA has turned into WCW with Hogan and in charge?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
I'm guessing they're going to try and use established names to help the younger names this time. WCW died because no one stood out.

They will hopefully deliver something fresh. They used Sting to make BFG his event and now maybe they'll bring a fresh main event. WWE is using Edge, Batista, and Cena in main events again! At least there's no Triple H.

LadyHotrod

I'm guessing they're going to try and use established names to help the younger names this time.

The thing is, they aren't. They are usuing these established guys just to get ratings and quite a bit of the spotlight. Sure, Ric Flair being around AJ is going to get him noticed but he doesn't even need Flair. He was already a star.

Hall, Nash, Waltman...guys like that are getting far more TV time than they should.

Mister J

Reaction score
Ric Flair is in better shape than Hogan.

Reaction score
^^No. Flair can still bump and run. He can probably still wrestle better than half the X division. Hogan can barely walk and can't drop the leg anymore. There's a noticeable difference. Of course they're no Terry Funk...

G 3

Reaction score
Wcw had the money back then TNA i think do not have as much now. That may be the only downfall. But i think TNA is better off for talent now than WCW then.

The Carters pockets run deep. Actually, Panda Energy is worth over 10 times WWE. But not a lot of that money goes to TNA. I think they have a limit to how much money they can lose in a year before the pull the plug.

I don't think WCW and TNA are really that similar. Also to clarify some things, Hogan doesn't really have the power, Eric does. And Eric is not a fool. I think TNA has a better chance at lasting longer than WCW, because they are coming at WWE secondly, they can look at WCW's mistakes and avoid them.

xFrenchKissx

Reaction score
The Carters pockets run deep. Actually, Panda Energy is worth over 10 times WWE. But not a lot of that money goes to TNA. I think they have a limit to how much money they can lose in a year before the pull the plug.

I don't think WCW and TNA are really that similar. Also to clarify some things, Hogan doesn't really have the power, Eric does. And Eric is not a fool. I think TNA has a better chance at lasting longer than WCW, because they are coming at WWE secondly, they can look at WCW's mistakes and avoid them.

Not if the same guys were in charge as last time, and they didn't learn anything from their past mistakes. Someone said somewhere else, that that handful of guys only know how to run a show one way and that is what essentially caused the decline of WCW. The same things will happen to TNA if they go with the same formula and expect a different result.

Mister J

Reaction score
TNA should put more focus on these wrestlers.

Christopher Daniels
Beer Money
Samoa Joe

csg370

Reaction score
It feels weird to me 'cause sometimes, it feels like they're reviving WCW and raping it. Then, sometimes it feels like they are making history with awesome TNA. It just confuses me.

Doomsday

Reaction score
I think ever since hogan has been in charge he has ruined TNA by bringing back the nwo, Ric Flair, nasty boyz, and terrible wwe midcarders like Sean Morley and brian Kendrick.

My opinion is that he is turning into WCW when he should be concentrating on decent youngsters like daniels, AJ styles, Samoa Joe, Amazing Red Motor City Machine guns (which i don't know how they haven't had the tag titles).

if he keeps going down the same path he is going to kill tna like wcw was killed his management skills are about as good as his wrestling poor

Don't you see? It's WCW's second chance.

The spokesman for the apocalypse has spoken.

Tobe__

Reaction score
I agree at some points made in this thread, but I also disagree with a lot of it.

First, I dont understand why Hogan put himself in the main story-line of the show. The whole deal is just not interesting. Abyss feeling "the force" in the ring? I didnt like Abyss to begin with, and this certainly didnt make me change my opinion about the guy. AJ and Flair together, sure, having Flair being AJ's mentor would make sense. AJ trying to be a copy of Flair does not.

I know there's a PPV coming up "dedicated" to the X-division, but this is something they need to realize people want to see on a regular basis, and make the division interesting again. Hell, the X-Division is what made me interested in TNA in the first place, and Im sure plenty of other people discovered TNA the exact same way.

I also believe that A LOT of dead weight needs to be cut off. As it is right now, it seemed like Hogan promised everyone he knows a spot on the roster when he went to TNA. Nasty Boys, Shannon Moore, Sean Morley among others are people who can go away for all I care.

The women's division needs more focus as well. I've always praised the women in TNA for their actual wrestling skills, and I find it ten times more entertaining than the women in WWE, where honestly, 70% doesn't belong in a wrestling ring.

I know a lot of people complained when they removed the 6-sided ring and replaced it with 4 sides. Personally, I didnt mind that. What I do mind though, is that stupid ramp leading to the ring. I also hate how tight the space between the ring and guard rail is. When wrestlers do suicide dives now, they have to hold back, or else they'll fly right into the crowd.
The new titantron is cool though, and how they replaced the tunnels with the stairs coming up from the ground looks really awesome.

I think TNA really needs a second show. As of now, their roster is too packed to give everyone air-time.

So yeah, although TNA has some flaws right now, I still find it more enjoyable to watch than WWE nowadays. Im positive that in time, TNA will get more settled and actually give the WWE some competition.

Reaction score
WHYWOULDYOULETABYSSDRIVEYOURCAR.gif