Who Is The Greatest Technical Wrestler Of All Time

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Chris Benoit!

I am not going to take away his in ring skills because of what he did. Even though what he did was disgusting and unthinkable but I have to go with Benoit.

Reaction score
No one can really answer this fairly. Theres just about a hundered credible canidates including Flair, Bret/Owen Hart, Dean Malenko, Dory Funk Jr., Jumbo Tsuruta, Bob Backlund, Beniot, Jushin Liger, Great Sasuke, Ricky Steamboat, Lou Thesz etc etc.

You'd really have to review about a dozen hours of match footage for each guy. Some may call it too extreme to do that, but it isn't when a million people just blurt out Bret Hart without taking in other canidates at all as a possibility.

Montana

No one can really answer this fairly. Theres just about a hundered credible canidates including Flair, Bret/Owen Hart, Dean Malenko, Dory Funk Jr., Jumbo Tsuruta, Bob Backlund, Beniot, Jushin Liger, Great Sasuke, Ricky Steamboat, Lou Thesz etc etc.

You'd really have to review about a dozen hours of match footage for each guy. Some may call it too extreme to do that, but it isn't when a million people just blurt out Bret Hart without taking in other canidates at all as a possibility.

I agree, if i had to pick one, off the top of my head i'd say Flair. But then again Backland, gagne, Thesz ruled their era. Bret did the same. Its a toss up really.

kiddsmash

Reaction score
Chris Benoit no hesitation. He is the best techincally sound wrestler ever period. Iam not disrespecting the other guys but he never really changed his style unlike most of the others that adapted to what ever era they were in. Chris remained technical and that's why he is the greatest in my eyes and alot of people's.

Only ohter one I could think of would be Kurt,but I still say Chris over him. Olympic medals count but not in professional wrestling.

Reaction score
Chris Benoit no hesitation. He is the best techincally sound wrestler ever period. Iam not disrespecting the other guys but he never really changed his style unlike most of the others that adapted to what ever era they were in. Chris remained technical and that's why he is the greatest in my eyes and alot of people's.

Only ohter one I could think of would be Kurt,but I still say Chris over him. Olympic medals count but not in professional wrestling.

I totally understand where your coming with that, but to prove my point I could counter your argument with Dory Funk Jr.

Dory wrestled in an era when a lot of wrestling was technical, and aboslutely NOTHING BUT technical style. Literally, chain wrestling was 95% of many guy's matches. Dory did it better than just about anyone in the world, and won many titles with the style as well.

Now, I'm not saying he IS the best ever, but truth is, theres an argument for just about any guy out there, which is really why, anyone wants a credible answer for this, that many variables, and matches for specific wrestlers must be reviewed.

Reaction score
anyone out of stu hart's calgary dungeon is a candidate for this title,then there's william regal,dean malenko,curt hennig,larry zbysko,it's a pretty long list.It's hard to say who's the greatest but bret hart is the most successful technical wrestler of all time.

Y2Jasmine

Reaction score
I would have to agree with Bret Hart, Chris Benoit, and Dean Malenko. Those 3 guys were just so good that if wrestling was for real I dont think anyone could have beaten them.

Wrestling Station

In this order:

1- Bret Hart
2- Ric Flair
3- Dynamite Kid
4- Dean Mallenko
5- Curt Hennig
6- Regal
7- Chris Benoit
8- Owen Hart
9- Backland
10-Kurt Angle

Top 10 in my mind.

Beer Money Army

1 - bret Hart
2 - chris benoit
3 - ric Flair
4 - Dynamite Kid
5 -Dean malenko
6 - Curt Hennig
7 - ricky steamboat
8 - Owen hart
9 - Kurt angle
10 - Lance storm

after a couple more years bryan Danielson will reach in the top 7

kingovkings

Reaction score
That A Tuffy 2 Actually Pick 1 Out Frm So Many Gud Tech Wrestlers,i Think Malenko And Benoit Are Awsome Technical Wrestlers But There Are Loads Ov Others 2