Who is behind the Ric Flair storyline?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kaedon

Reaction score
The title makes it sound so sinister. "Who is behind the storyline" makes me think of Ric Flair as a puppet and Steve pulling the strings. When in actuallity, its like this, Austin had a good idea, he pitched it to Vince and Ric and they are going with it.

HHHforever

Reaction score
I don't think that they need to give him a title run for him to be over, but I think it would be a great way for the nature boy to go out. He's not the greatest wrestler anymore and hes obviously lost a step, but hes still great and I'd love to see him get a title run. I mean if Khali got a run, why can't Flair? Are you sayin Khali is better in the ring then Flair? Also Flair cuts some great promos, I'm excited to see where they go with this.

stryfe

Reaction score
I really wish it would be Sting that retires Naitch, but it looks like he's re-signed with TNA.

Reaction score
This is something very newand I wonder who he faces at Wrestlemania. Will he loose at Wrestlemania?

jonny-e

Reaction score
I hope he is gone soon.. Ric is getting old, and pretty boring.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
I fail to see what age has to do with it...Flair can still wrestle...he can still cut promos...I say give him one more run...maybe have him hold the title until WM24 where he loses it and has to retire
He can slap you and he can put you in a figure-four, which may have been an impressive submission hold 20 years ago but now it's pretty much an anachronism. He's also incredibly out of shape and frankly it'd just be an embarassment to the WWE and professional wrestling as a whole if someone like him was allowed to hold a championship. It's already pretty embarassing that he's allowed to beat people like Carlito, Randy Orton, and Umaga. Respecting veterans has a limit, and Flair crossed it 10 years ago.

Great One

Rofl... hold the title until WM24. I would rather have John Cena, seriously, that's Blue.

Rob34207

Reaction score
I dont think Flair needs the belt for the same reason Hogan wouldnt or others already in multiple Hall Of Fames. Flair is the man, and this actually is the most interesting angle hes been in since WCW.

Im betting Austin cause he came up with it, but Sting would be THE perfect choice. Just so much history. Oh damn could you imaginr it being Cody Rhodes?! Yknow Dusty Rhodes was his #1 foe. Oh I hope they dont do that.

By Wrestlemania it could be a number of people. My guess is if it was up to Ric he'd pick Shawn Michaels cause he truly looks at him like himself workrate wise. Whoooooo!!!!!

Evil Austin

i see McMahon getting so pissed that he beats everyone until mania (orton , umaga, HHH etc...) that he will vs him himself in a good match lots of interference and end up loosing to McMahon.

or Flair may ask for a good wrestling match against any of these

taker (make him 16-0 be good match ?)
HHH ? best friends etc..
Shawn Micahels nuff said
Cena Dear go no if flair smart he say no to this but you never know
Edge Or Orton (shrugs shoulders)

CT Styles

I think he should win a title at WM24 and then vacate it that way he goes out with a title and he goes out with a win.

Evil Austin

I think he should win a title at WM24 and then vacate it that way he goes out with a title and he goes out with a win.

OK BUT THE THING IS THAT IF HE WINS THE TITLE HE WINS THE MATCH SO HE DOESN'T LOOSE. HE HAS TO LOOSE AT MANIA

CT Styles

oh shit yeh i forgot then maybe mcmahon could come out and make another match or something

get_brunk

Reaction score
I'm still hoping for the longshot, Ricky Steamboat. They've had so many classics in the past, if Flair's looking for a good wrestling match, that'd be it.

(Then again, how bad would it look to let Steamboat, long since retired, retire Flair. Unless they had a current superstar interfere, which leads to Flair coming back as a manager (or GM) to exact revenge on said current superstar. Still a pretty big stain on which to end his career. But I'd love to see this legendary feud have one more match.)

get_brunk

Reaction score
I'd love to see the longshot, Ricky Steamboat, wrestle Flair at WM 24. They've had so many classic matches that one more go would be fantastic, especially if Flair indeed wants to have a good wrestling match.

However, that won't give the rub to a current superstar. Also, it'd be a pretty big stain on a great career that an already (long) retired wrestler put Flair out. (Although, if they had a current superstar interfere, Flair could come back as a manager (or even GM) to exact revenge on said current superstar. Maybe Edge and Flair could go to Smackdown and manage some up-and-comer in going after Edge. Flair's guy could have to feud with the ex-Major Brothers before trying to get to Edge. Something could be done, just to see Flair-Steamboat one more time.)

Can't stop an old-time fan from dreaming.