Who has had the best run as champion.......So far?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Who has had the better run...so far and why?

• KO

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The face that runs the place

Votes: 11 100.0%

• Total voters

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
GayLHzKC.jpg

1st off these are 2 of my favorite wrestlers!.....
There was a time I thought neither would make it to the WWE but here we are years later and both are the champions of their respected brands. (Look at that folks anything is possible I guess) My question is who has had the better run as champion to you and why?

Reactions: Thou Confidential

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I'm going with AJ. He seems more comfortable and natural as the champ. Kevin Owens title reign has kind of been over shadowed by Chris Jericho's brilliant mic work and character. Both have had some good matches. Owens vs Rollins at HIAC has probably been the best match out of all their matches. I feel like Cena vs Styles vs Ambrose could of been really good if they didn't make it the opening match at No Mercy.

MintMidget69

The Artiste
Reaction score
GayLHzKC.jpg

1st off these are 2 of my favorite wrestlers!.....
There was a time I thought neither would make it to the WWE but here we are years later and both are the champions of their respected brands. (Look at that folks anything is possible I guess) My question is who has had the better run as champion to you and why?

Neither, Finn had the best run

• Haha
Reactions: The Phenom

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
AJ

KO is actually a weak champ, never wins clean.

AJ beat Cena clean and it was in a great match as well.

I don't mind a heel champ but at the end of the day the heel has to be able to back it up clean to be effective (Rock, Undertaker, HHH, Ric Flair etc).

If you can only win by interference all of the time any jabroni can be champ in theory. May as well stick the title on Elseworth.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
A lot of people are saying AJ...but at the same time he did lose to Chinless James Ellsworth 3 times since he started his reign. Sooo....yeah...

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
A lot of people are saying AJ...but at the same time he did lose to Chinless James Ellsworth 3 times since he started his reign. Sooo....yeah...

And all three losses came via distraction. Ambrose was there every time to mess with Styles and cost him the matches.

On the other hand, KO has been booked pretty much like Rollins when he was The Authority's paper champion.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
And all three losses came via distraction. Ambrose was there every time to mess with Styles and cost him the matches.

On the other hand, KO has been booked pretty much like Rollins when he was The Authority's paper champion.

What I said was mainly a joke ;)

But, KO's reign as Champ has still been alright because he is still one of the most entertaining acts along with Chris Jericho on Raw.

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Yeah, with the current booking that's going on I would say Aj Styles but KO's run hasn't been terrible.....I just know it could have been way better. He didn't have to cheat to win every title match a couple of those wins should have been clean victories. Whatever tho it's still KOMANIA for now....... maybe it will improved....

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
So all in all looks like Aj has had the better run as champion...Alot of factors go into that tho

TheChuck

Jobber
Reaction score
For me, it is Styles by a landslide. I look at the momentum each had before winning their respective championship. Styles won his feud against Cena. Owens lost his feud against Sami Zayn (side note: WWE really wasted that Zayn battleground win, but I digress).

Styles has been booked very well. He is booked as being the best.

Owens is being booked as Seth Rollins 2.0. It did Rollins no favors, and it is doing Owens no favors.

MintMidget69

The Artiste
Reaction score
For me, it is Styles by a landslide. I look at the momentum each had before winning their respective championship. Styles won his feud against Cena. Owens lost his feud against Sami Zayn (side note: WWE really wasted that Zayn battleground win, but I digress).

Styles has been booked very well. He is booked as being the best.

Owens is being booked as Seth Rollins 2.0. It did Rollins no favors, and it is doing Owens no favors.

It quite clearly did do Rollins favours as he is the most over face in the company.