Who else can?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
I dunno about Trips. I think he's almost done too. It's time for him to wind it down, take a part time schedule and start putting people over. I don't want to see 5 more Trips title reigns to see him pass Ric, and he doesn't have what it takes to put on a match that makes him look like a threat that Michaels was considering he lost ten years ago to the guy.

The only answer is Cena, unless Austin or Rocky come in to work the deadman. If you're going to use Trips, let him be the feeder to Cena who's going to be the guy to prevent Taker from going 20-0.

Reaction score
Since he's the hot topic right now, The Miz. Loong as it won't be a wrestlemania squash. Can you thing of how funnny Miz's promo's would be, plus whgo says the Undertaker won't put him over big time?

Reaction score
I'm surprised no one has said Randy Orton. They had a great match at mania 21 and it really looked like Taker might lose. He's won a couple of matches against him in other ppvs and tv. Orton a much better character now and complete superstar than he was 5 years ago. Why not have another go.

Kizza

Reaction score
If they keep pushing him as a monster, I'd go with Sheamus. There is a chance here at really hitting the big time with this guy, feud him with Trips for a while longer. Maybe show that he is stronger than Big Show? Feud with Jericho, and then with whoever champion. Just build him up as a replacement monster. As much as I don't want the streak to end, if we have Sheamus as champ vs Undertaker, I would like to see Sheamus beat Taker, and really almost replace Taker.

Long winding nonsensical sentences ftw.

xtremebadass

Reaction score
Gates said it best. Undertaker just needs to retire. For the past two years the streak actually had purpose. It was what everyone was talking about. Before he fought HBK at WM25 nobody really cared for the streak as much as they do now. HBK's matches with the Undertaker really elevated the quality to the streak. Before HBK vs. Taker the streak was just there. Overwhelmingly predictable, boring match ups, and most of all not great wrestling matches. The past two years have been what the streak should have always been, but WWE puts Taker in some weak matches over the past years.

Come on...Big Show and A-Train, Mark Henry, Edge? (boy was that SHIT) Batista was halfway decent because he was being built up just like superman John Cena, so it was possible he could beat him which sparked interest. Orton's feud with Taker was atleast entertaining.

Doesn't anyone find it strange how everyone thought HBK (a veteran) had a better chance of beating Undertaker than guys like Batista, Edge, or Orton? Who at the time were up and coming or just entering main event status. I don't get where people say new rookie stars should beat the Undertaker. If you ask me that would kill everything the streak is and was. Wouldn't do any favors to the Undertaker's career either.

Undertaker needs to end both his career and his streak on a high note, and that certainly isn't fighting guys like Ted DiBiase, Sheamus, Drew McIntyre, etc.

...god...

Reaction score
I dunno about Trips. I think he's almost done too. It's time for him to wind it down, take a part time schedule and start putting people over. I don't want to see 5 more Trips title reigns to see him pass Ric, and he doesn't have what it takes to put on a match that makes him look like a threat that Michaels was considering he lost ten years ago to the guy.

The only answer is Cena, unless Austin or Rocky come in to work the deadman. If you're going to use Trips, let him be the feeder to Cena who's going to be the guy to prevent Taker from going 20-0.
God damnit. I was about to say this thing and closed it earlier. But yeah, I sadly don't think Triple H could live up to the HBK vs. Undertaker series which even the WWE commends the match quality. It has to be Cena.

Reaction score
Gates said it best. Undertaker just needs to retire. For the past two years the streak actually had purpose. It was what everyone was talking about. Before he fought HBK at WM25 nobody really cared for the streak as much as they do now. HBK's matches with the Undertaker really elevated the quality to the streak. Before HBK vs. Taker the streak was just there. Overwhelmingly predictable, boring match ups, and most of all not great wrestling matches. The past two years have been what the streak should have always been, but WWE puts Taker in some weak matches over the past years.

Come on...Big Show and A-Train, Mark Henry, Edge? (boy was that SHIT) Batista was halfway decent because he was being built up just like superman John Cena, so it was possible he could beat him which sparked interest. Orton's feud with Taker was atleast entertaining.

Doesn't anyone find it strange how everyone thought HBK (a veteran) had a better chance of beating Undertaker than guys like Batista, Edge, or Orton? Who at the time were up and coming or just entering main event status. I don't get where people say new rookie stars should beat the Undertaker. If you ask me that would kill everything the streak is and was. Wouldn't do any favors to the Undertaker's career either.

Undertaker needs to end both his career and his streak on a high note, and that certainly isn't fighting guys like Ted DiBiase, Sheamus, Drew McIntyre, etc.

1. People believed HBK was the biggest threat since he was "Mr. Wrestlemania", the man who always stole the show, who arose to the occasion on the grandest stage of them all. It was a perfect pairing, the man who steals Mania and the most dominant fuck in Mania history. That's what good booking does.

2. Taker should eventually drop the streak. The streak wont define a career that spanned over 20 years with the greatest carny gimmick of the modern history. Going 19-0 will be a fucking testament, then whomever he drops the streak to will get the greatest possible rub left in wrestling. That's called smart business, retiring with a fake streak won't do anything for a man so highly regarded and a career so long. His career speaks for itself.

3. Going out on your back is the highest possible way to end your career. Flair, Michaels, Foley etc. have all "ended" their careers on their back. That's just tradition in the industry and Taker respects the business as much as anyone, he'd easily accept going out on his back, and it makes sense to try and build someone off that win, whos to say that Sheamus or DiBiase wont be more over or better built by the time he decides to hang them up.

4. Taker doesn't need to hang them up. He's still effective and has what 90% of what the rest of workers around the world don't have, keep him fresh with his annual sabbaticals. I hate when internet marks think they know what's best for a worker when they obviously don't. Taker is bankable, when he's healthy he's a top notch worker, and the mass majority of the audience doesn't want to see him go, myself included, he's not to Hogan-Flair-Band level of uselessness, not even close. The only person who should tell the Taker to hang it up is he himself. No one else's opinion on the matter matters.

kingovkings

Reaction score
I dont understand what ppl see in Ted D if I'm honest =/. I think Sheamus, Drew, Hell even Cody could be better than Ted in a few years time. IMO he hasn't really shown me anything to get excited about.

For the streak i think he will retire 20-0
But if someone is to break it i think it will be Cena not a rookie, Even though it will give someone a huge rub/push elevate them to the moon. Because they will have done something all the top guy's couldn't do Not even HBK,HHH, most probs Cena couldn't do. So that alone is HUGE statement for a rookie to beat taker.

I dont think it will happen though if infact it is broken my guess would be Johnny C to break it.

Reaction score
I think the streak is getting annoying. Only a few matches have been too close to call:

vs Shawn Michaels two years in a row
vs. Batista
vs. Randy Orton
vs. Triple H

To me, 5 of 17 matches have been great. Go back and watch his other shitbomb matches like HIAC with Boss Man, King Kong Bundy, Giant Gonzalez,(although not entirely his fault), Even when he won the title against Sid, the match wasn't that good.

noumenon

Reaction score
To be honest, the only real threats Undertaker has ever faced were Kane the first time, Orton and HBK.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
To be honest, the only real threats Undertaker has ever faced were Kane the first time, Orton and HBK.

The Orton match was the first time I actually cheered against The Undertaker. You could have seriously seen him going over Taker, which honestly I was hoping for. That would have been the perfect time to end the streak tbh, Randy Orton, "The Legend Killer" ending the streak of one of the biggest legends in WWE history, even though before that match I don't ever recall the streak ever being mentioned.