Who else can?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

noumenon

Reaction score
This thread is stemming from another proposing HHH as Undertaker's opponent for Wrestlemania 27. While in theory it's a great idea and makes a lot of sense my question would have to be... would he really be a threat?
CMS brought up a point I was thinking about when HBK lost at Mania this year. He was constantly talked up as next to Undertaker (or on par) the greatest performer ever at Mania, and perhaps in general. Shawn failed twice to beat Taker. Now looking at it from that perspective, who else would pose a legit threat to Taker? Let's face it, just about anyone else who steps in the ring with him from now on is going to look like complete Taker Chow. I'm not even sure HHH would come across as a major threat to ending the streak at this point. There's one one man with an impressive enough Mania history and all around background of just about always beating the odds... and that's Cena.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
It won't hurt to try...Sheamus.

Now I know I might get some heat from this but think about it. Sheamus has been looking stronger than ever as of late against Triple H of all people. The guy has done more without the WWE title than he did with it. Add to the fact he has the rest of 2010 to grow, improve and prove he a force to be reckoned with and I think he could pose a legit threat to Undertaker. The fact of the matter is that no one should break the Undertaker's Wrestlemania winning streak anytime soon. He is the phenom and I think he should retire with that streak. Not saying he should never face Cena or HHH at 'Mania but I think Sheamus would get pretty nice heat and an excellent rub off of a good match woth Taker. As far as Cena goes, I rather Taker retire then return around the time of Wrestlemania one year just for his "one more match" thing where Cena would and possible should end the streak.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
At this point and time I would say that Cena and Triple H are really the only legit threats to the Undertaker's streak. You could name countless people who I think could have a good to great match with Taker, especially at Mania but when it comes to Ending the streak only Cena and HHH are possible. HBK was the biggest threat to his streak, I think that Cena and Triple H could be just as much of a threat as well.

noumenon

Reaction score
Cena...absolutely. Going into the match as a face, as a heel or a face turning heel I'd say any could result in a win for Cena.
HHH on the other hand, unless they're planning on turning him back into ultra heel HHH, I just don't see it.

Wordlife

Reaction score
It's easily going to have to be Cena. He's a 9 time champion, had a great track record the last 8 years, legit "Superman Picture Boy" of the WWE. His record at Wrestlemania is tremendous. If anyone is to end the amazing streak of the Undertaker's, it's bound to be John Cena. But not now, next next year, when Taker is going for 20-0. He'll have the perfect 20 win record until Cena breaks it, causing him to go 19-1.

xtremebadass

Reaction score
As much as I hate to say it I think John Cena has to be next too. Only reason I didn't want Cena vs. Undertaker this year is because we had the option of the epic rematch of HBK vs. Taker. This coming year is going to be entirely different. Cena holding a belt at Mania is getting old, he needs something new at Mania, a side rivalry for no belt. Undertaker needs to keep the big name match ups in his streak to successfully follow his matches with HBK.

Could always be Goldberg though :D Oh how sweet would that be. "The Streak vs. The Most Notorious Undefeated Streak in Pro-Wrestling History"

Wordlife

Reaction score
Everyone will hate you for that, but I have to agree there, I'd KILL to see Goldberg vs The Undertaker.

Yeah, it sounds very lame, considering Golderberg had a stint with the WWE, but, It'd be a good match :D

maty619

Reaction score
I think HHH would work better as a face to face Undertaker at Wrestlemania because he could be avenging HBK's loss and career, as a heel this particular angle wouldn't work for obvious reasons, but I think as a heel they could go down the angle of 'Shawn couldn't do it but I was always the better half of DX so I will!'. I think John Cena could possibly be the biggest threat right now, but after seeing Shawn vs Taker it appears that Taker works better with a faster apponent (I watched Shawn's DVD, half paying attention, and I think I saw him saying 'Undertaker will not do the running so you have to, to make the match good' correct me if I'm wrong as, like I say, I was half paying attention) so this good beg the question of, could we see Taker/JoMo or something like that? Not because he is a threatt but to make the match better.

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
Why is everyone saying it HAS to be Cena?

Maybe I saw this posibility because I'm a booker, but I think someone mentioned having a younger guy top the streak would be incredible. Alright, lets go along, and say that the Main Event for Wrestlemania is a WWE Championship match with the defending champion, a face John Cena going against a somewhat heel Undertaker. I say heel, because heel's are always most likely to lose. Anyways, they top HBK/Taker with ease, and the match is just incredible all around. At the end, not even the face of the company can defeat Undertaker, and The Phenom wins. Yeah, he's the new champion its all good, the fireworks go off, but wouldn't this be the craziest shit? Someone who won the MITB earlier in the night, Drew McIntyre is a good candidate considering his "chosen one" bill, Ted Dibiase would also be great, even Christian for all I care. Someone comes out, and cashes in on Undertaker. They defeat him, and badabing-badaboom: Undertakers streak is 19-1.

Reaction score
This is why the Undertaker needs to retire right now so Wigger Belt Jorts Wearing John Cena can't shit all over his streak, which is what he'll be KNOWN for, years to come.

noumenon

Reaction score
Regardless of whether they intend it or not, Cena beating Taker will give him more heat than anything that has ever happened in wrestling...ever.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
I could honestly see Cena not beating The Undertaker at Wrestlemania and turn heel afterwords. He could do a "I respect the Undertaker" type of build up and after he loses totally heel out and attack him during the post match celebration.... Instant heel heat.

Reaction score
IF they keep him heel, CM Punk. I just fancie seeing Punk vs Undertake at 'Mania. This could easily give CM Punk his Wrestlemania moment. If they go at least 15 minutes maybe 20 for a world title, it has the potentional to be awesome, but tbh, we know its going to be HHH :(

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
Any chance of Punk being a credible opponent got killed in the summer of 2009

straight_edge76

Reaction score
IF they keep him heel, CM Punk. I just fancie seeing Punk vs Undertake at 'Mania. This could easily give CM Punk his Wrestlemania moment. If they go at least 15 minutes maybe 20 for a world title, it has the potentional to be awesome, but tbh, we know its going to be HHH :(

I don't know that. I think Cena is far more likely to be Taker's next Mania opponent then Trips tbh.