Who do you most want to turn heel/face right now?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
As long as we are piling on, what is wrong with Orton's face character exactly? He isn't a superman. He doesn't smile and talk about how much he loves the WWE universe. He is an actual face character with an edge and logic to what he does. Is that not what the IWC wants, yet they all clamor for him to turn?

That's what I've been saying about Orton's character for awhile. He's the closest thing to an edgy baby face that WWE has at the moment. He could attack, RKO, cash in MITB, etc. on pretty much anyone and he wouldn't get a massive quantity of boos for it with 99.9% of crowds (even if he did with one particular crowd, they'd quickly forgive him and cheer him the next time around.) He delivered an RKO to Bryan just over a month ago and I don't remember many , if any, booing him.

wils172

The Showoff
Reaction score
Website
www.themefreak.net
As long as we are piling on, what is wrong with Orton's face character exactly? He isn't a superman. He doesn't smile and talk about how much he loves the WWE universe. He is an actual face character with an edge and logic to what he does. Is that not what the IWC wants, yet they all clamor for him to turn?

When you put it like that I suppose you're correct. I just miss the Orton head punting days I suppose

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
When you put it like that I suppose you're correct. I just miss the Orton head punting days I suppose

That has nothing to do with heel/face disposition. That has to do with WWE's increasing awareness/emphasis on concussions.

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa

True... Maybe I need to re-evaluate his face character.

Chaz

The Artiste
Reaction score
Orton: Heel
Miz: Heel
Rhodes: Face

Kuolema

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Orton, Cena (even though its probably never gonna happen) and Miz to heel
Rhodes to face

So basically the same that everyone else has :p

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
What annoyed me the most about face orton was his booking and promos. Now that he's not going to be doing nothing anymore his booking is out of the way so my only problem with the guy are his promos, which he doesn't really cut very often and his one on Raw wasn't that bad, really. So face Orton is alright for me (although I've been saying that for a while).

TylerBolam

Jobber
Reaction score
I really want to see Orton return to his really edgey heel style that he had around the period of Legacy. I also would like to see Punk's face turn stopped as I think he's a much better heel that a face. I also think that Seth Rollins has all the makings of a really good face, something that could bring the downfall of The Shield, just not yet.

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score

Completely agree with this. IMO a lot of the problem people have with Orton is that they want to like him, but in reality he's just not that interesting. I think he's one of the best booked characters in WWE just now, and the only thing they haven't really given him is a decent fued for the last wee while. His heel character would be relatively similar to his face one at the moment, so I don't see how he's going to all of a sudden start getting heat. Just look at Punk - he did just about anything possible to get heat and he still split crowds when against Taker and Rock.

Oh and I do realise the remark about people wanting to like him is a bit twattish.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Completely agree with this. IMO a lot of the problem people have with Orton is that they want to like him, but in reality he's just not that interesting. I think he's one of the best booked characters in WWE just now, and the only thing they haven't really given him is a decent fued for the last wee while. His heel character would be relatively similar to his face one at the moment, so I don't see how he's going to all of a sudden start getting heat. Just look at Punk - he did just about anything possible to get heat and he still split crowds when against Taker and Rock.

Oh and I do realise the remark about people wanting to like him is a bit twattish.

I was the biggest Orton hater on here for a good while and even I don't mind his face character at this point. The reason I really started hating him was his run on SD as WHC was so dreadful, mostly because they insisted on having him cut forced promos to open every show.

I am not even a hater at this point. Keep him off the stick for the most part and he entertains me.

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Sheamus, people boo him more than cheer for him so it only makes sense. Plus he bullies people.