Who Deserves To Stay, and Not Be Fired?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
It's no secret that WWE fire some of the low-card wrestlers after WrestleMania. Who do you want to stay, and who should be fired?

Deserves To Stay~:

Zack Ryder: Ryder has a fun, cool gimmick and wrestles on Superstars, teaming with Primo. I like Ryder and think he is underpushed, and could be so much more. However, I like how he is featured weekly on SS and wrestles great bouts. He has talent, and puts his opponents over but I can see the argument that he isn't doing anything, and is unneeded.

Ted DiBiase: This guy could amount to so much more, compared to what he is now. WWE went with the "Money" gimmick but it seems that has pretty much died now; He can put on a decent match when with a good opponent, but it seen as a joober. He needs to lose Maryse, and seriously get his own gimmick (Albeit, the best gimmick for him is probably the money one..). It'll be hard for him to get any credibility as WWE have jobbed him for the past year.

JTG: I actually like this character, and think he can put on fun matches. As opposed to Truth, I think that JTG is a great wrestler and he doesn't annoy me whatsoever. He's always going to be a mid/low-card guy, which is a shame considering what he could be, but I like how he wrestles on SuperStars and can showcase his skills.

Tyson Kidd: This is a guy who has some sort of chance at being a future maineventer, in my opinion. WWE tried to give him a push, but it died and he's back to appearing on SS and occasionally on Raw. I see potential for Tyson, and it was great to see him move on from teaming with DHS.

Tyler Reks: Reks is a fascinating character on Superstars, and I absolutely love to watch him every thursday night as his character is uniquely described by the announcers and Striker/Korpella get him over, as he uses his talent in the ring to get him over. Reks may not be headlining any PPVs soon, but I would love him to receive a push. I think he's got something.

Chris Masters: This guy always puts on great matches. WWE firing him would be an appalling decision.

Curt Hawkins: I really think he is the future of the WWE. His stlye, along with his look is great.

Guys who need to be Fired~:

• Alex Riley
  • David Otunga
  • Mason Ryan
  • R-Truth
  • Darren Young
  • Husky Harris
  • David Hart Smith

Axis

Reaction score
Oh, fuck a Ted Jr. He's horrible. Reks is actually okay on Superstars, but he's clearly still green and needs some time to sharpen up. I'd leave Alex Riley around for his big heat, until that cools down. If he still hasn't improved, then yeah I'd agree to boot him.

Mizard of Oz

Reaction score
Wait, wait, wait... You're telling me they KEEP Jtg but fire Alex Riley? Wow. That's all I'm going to say here.

Mizard of Oz

Reaction score
^ I agree, Husky is another one that should stay around but Alex Riley is FARRRRR beyond the talent JTG ever was and ever will be. I think if they continue to work with him, they'll see he's not bad at all. (Riley that is)

So, time for my list:

Fired:
JTG, Darren Young, Tyson Kidd (not going anywhere), Hornswoggle, Michael Tarver (why is he even still around...?), The Great Khali & Kozlov.

Keep:
Mason Ryan, Alex Riley, Husky Harris, Yoshi Tatsu, R-Truth (hate his gimmick but man hes big with the crowd. Why would they let him go?), DiBiase (WORK WITH HIM! Push him and TRUST me, he's good.)

Reaction score
Deserves to be fired:

Primo, Hornswoggle, 1/2 the Divas Roster, Tarver, Young, Zach Ryder, Tatsu, Chavo (put him out of his misery already), Regal (let him train so that way the new crop of guys aren't so completely generic) JTG

Can Stay:

Kidd, Masters, DiBiasie (desperately needs character development) Husky, Otunga (he's got the IT look and decent on the mic) Mark Henry, Khali, Kozlov (has improved alot, seriously) DH Smith (needs a run through developmental again, needs a little extra smoothing) of course Husky, the fact that they think he needs to loose weight is absurd, he was unique looking and not out of the "mold-a-wrestler" they seem to be sending out in droves for the past 8 years and if you think R-Truth needs to be fired, pfffttttttt. R Truth is more over than Ziggler and a better worker and people slurp Zigs despite the terrible Billy Gunn impersonation and complete lack of heat when Vickie isn't around.

Mizard of Oz

Reaction score
Forgot about Primo...which I guess is a reason he should be fired plus he's terrible.

Airfixx

Reaction score
@ Enzo: Truth a better worker than Ziggler? Granted, x-amount of the job is to make the fans care about you, but I've never been remotely entertained by an R-Truth match. Good to have a jobber that remains over regardless of all the loses, but that's about it....

Even if you believe that Ziggler is completely carried in eveyr decent match he's ever had, at least he IS carry-able... Haven't seen anyone drag anything notable out of Truth's botchy-corkscrewin' ass.

Also, keep Tarver, IMO... He's got a real 'badass-ness' about him, can talk ok and as I recall wasn't that bad in the ring (always room for improvement, but...) >>> Decent big man... Certainly better than Batista Mk2 or that guy that was tailing Tyson Kidd around for a few weeks.

I like the way they're 'teasing' him atm.... Hopefully his lurking during the backstage segments will amount to something nice (...And I don't mean re-joining Nexus or Wade in the Corre, nor being cannon fodder for either faction).

Agreed about Regal, but one day I would like to see him on-screen managing a heel faction of some of the guys he's since trained and shaped in his own image... That'd be awesome.

Axis

Reaction score
Primo and Zack Ryder are pretty entertaining on Superstars, not sure how many people here or anywhere actually watch it though.

Why are we being so kind to Ted Jr? He's not good.

noumenon

Reaction score
RAW Cuts: Darren Young
David Smith
David Otunga
Mike Mc..whatever the fuck
Primo

Smackdown cuts:
Booker T (PLEASE. Just take him off commentary, I wouldn't mind at all if he wrestled)
JTG
Hornswoggle

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
Raw Firings:
Teddy - Carlito of the year. It's obvious he has no more desire to work with writers and get something going for himself
Primo - They kept him this long for what?
Darren Young - See Primo
David Hart Smith - He's not even squashing small time heels like Zack Ryder with Natalya by his side. Did he even have a match with Kidd since the split?

SD Firings:
Chris Masters - Bring him liberty or bring him unemplyment.
Curt Hawkins - Has managed to survive since 2008 without a termination notice. Why? Who knows, but he's doing fuck all right now and I doubt Creative has anything for him.
Trent Baretta - Just found out this guy still has a job. I'm amazed. I like him but again, he dodged the bullet that hit his old tag team partner Croft but I don't see anything for him at this point. Hawkins + Ryder + Him = Stable maybe?

Kaedon

Reaction score
Yeah I've been let down by the son of the Million Dollar Man. I just don't get why he can't get over. He's not a David Flair to Ric, he's a lot like his dad, solid to great in the ring and good on the mic. I love Husky Harris. Big fat guys are few and far between now a days so just for the sake of variety I'd keep him around. Add to that, he's got it in his blood. I'd fire all of those generic big men who can't get over for shit like Tyler Recks, Mason Ryan, and David Otunga.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I love Husky Harris. Big fat guys are few and far between now a days so just for the sake of variety I'd keep him around.

Agreed with this. Brodus Clay reminds me of One Man Gang and I love it. Wish Trevor Murdoch was still around though.

Kaedon

Reaction score
He actually looks just like a friend of mine. He was actually about that size, lol it was awesome to see him because I was like "Matt!! HOLY SHIT YOU'RE ON TV!!" Though, that shirt, wearing a shirt with his name on for his debut, come on. It seemed kinda lame like a kid who wanted to dress like Chewbacca and he just wears a sign that says "I'm Chewbacca"